Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 AM

2,568 posts, read 6,729,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
My wife just started to "bleed" last night though not a lot yet (but she said it was bright red at the time). She said it does not feel like a period yet, and the tampon that she left in overnight had very little blood on it (almost like brown spottings).

Anyway, she took one of those pink box (can't remember the name, but it's a name brand not generic) test this morning, i.e. 3 days after the initial positive test and it was negative.

She's so confused and stressed now. . .
Sounds like it could be an early miscarriage. There isn't really much you can do once a miscarriage starts. The only thing is keep an eye out for symptoms like heavy bleeding or abdominal pain. And for her sanity she can go to the doctor for a check up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,663,829 times
I have known more than one woman that required over a year to "normalize" after coming off of an extended period of birth control. No need to panic over infertility yet but it sounds as though, for her mental well being and yours by extension, a blood work may be in order.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,618 times
i also took a pregnancy test yesterday and its was positive after 2 hours it was negative.Am i rilly pregnant

Old 11-22-2012, 05:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemunto View Post
i also took a pregnancy test yesterday and its was positive after 2 hours it was negative.Am i rilly pregnant

Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,637,889 times
Go to the doctor or take another test, we can't tell you.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
I recently went to the doctor. I had a urine pregnancy test which came out positive and then they did another one which came out negative. They did the blood test and it came out negative. Can that happen or should I be worried?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,725,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciindy2009 View Post
I recently went to the doctor. I had a urine pregnancy test which came out positive and then they did another one which came out negative. They did the blood test and it came out negative. Can that happen or should I be worried?
The first test was probably a false positive, maybe an evaporation line.

Since you've had a negative blood test, you are most likely not pregnant.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 PM

48,278 posts, read 34,402,478 times
I was always told there was no such thing as a false positive. I would guess that you were pregnant and it didn't "take" to try and be diplomatic.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,725,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was always told there was no such thing as a false positive. I would guess that you were pregnant and it didn't "take" to try and be diplomatic.
An evaporation line can look like a positive test without being positive.

If both urine tests were done at the doctor's office, it wasn't an evaporation line, but why would the dr's ofice do two urine tests one after the other?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:03 PM

48,278 posts, read 34,402,478 times
I don't know so I went to WebMD.

Home pregnancy tests: Can you trust the results? - MayoClinic.com

Could a positive result be wrong?

Although rare, it's possible to get a positive result from a home pregnancy test when you're not actually pregnant. This is known as a false-positive.

A false-positive might happen if you had a pregnancy loss soon after the fertilized egg attached to your uterine lining (biochemical pregnancy) or you take a pregnancy test too soon after taking a fertility drug that contains HCG. An ectopic pregnancy or menopause also might contribute to misleading test results.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness