Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM

99 posts, read 151,162 times

Advertisements

I don't even know if this is the right forum, but this pharmacy has lost my moms controlled substance Rx again! This is starting to get old. My Mom dropped off three Rx the other day and now they have no record of them! I'm just frustrated. It's not much I can do from here. She lives in a small town. I just wanted to vent. What has happen to customer service? Better yet, where have all the competent people gone?

O.K. I'm over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Things happen, though this certainly seems excessive.

We always make a photocopy of our prescriptions before dropping them off (or before mailing them into our mail order pharmacy).

It's come in handy one or two times.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM

99 posts, read 151,162 times
Yeah. They said they couldn't take a photo copy of the controlled substance.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:36 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Ohhh...I've gotten so accustomed to having computer-generated prescriptions from my physician that I wasn't even thinking that her doctor had possibly "hand-written" it. The photocopies are identical to what the doctor hand me.

Can she have her doctor phone/fax the prescription directly to the pharmacy?

I know that in some parts of the country, there simply are not enough pharmacists or pharmacy techs to handle all the needs.

There is a city-data member (Aptor Hours) who I think works in a pharmacy. Perhaps he/she could offer you some advice if you sent a direct message.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:12 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
In most states controlled substance II cannot be generated via computer or phoned in. It has to be brought in and cashed physically with proof of picture ID. The whole thing is federally regulated. Every time a pharmacy fills a controlled substance II it must be entered into a central system run by the feds. This controls people who try to double up and so forth. In many states it also must be written on a triplet script. Vicodin is a controlled substance III and can be called in along with the other III's but not the II's.
The use of these meds by people without chronic pain are making it very difficult for those who need real pain management. Many of the doctors are afraid to prescribe controlled II meds due to all the mess created by people doctor shopping, junkies, selling these meds etc...
It's the feds who are controlling every thing about pain management by putting pressure on docs and making a war against pain pills.
It's turned into a real mess. I have created pain management teams and the stigma about pain meds is incredible. Many people don't believe that these people have real pain.
I am glad that you have a doc that addresses your mother's pain. Just as long as the scripts can be rewritten and processed in time so your mom keeps on schedule with her treatment. I would stay at the pharmacy and let them fix it while you wait as there are many things that seem to happen when controlled substance II scripts are presented and then misplaced.
The docs become extremely suspicious when patients or patent's representatives keep coming back to the office to rewrite scripts.
Along with making sure the docs got the pre-auths sent in and the timeline of when the prescription is written it almost turns into a job.
Thank-you for supporting your mother.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:29 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
You could make a photocopy to keep for yourself. And I would, from this point on, not drop off the rx but stay there until it is filled. (of course this means picking a slow time unless you have some good reading materials). Can you go with your mom and make sure it gets filled properly? I think if they know you guys are waiting for it it is less likely to get pushed aside for later, and then lost.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM

317 posts, read 1,751,227 times
I agree with the above post. I would wait there for the prescription, and would be right there near the counter the entire time. Something doesn't sound right with what's happening there. I would let the doctors office know what is happening, and would call the store's district office to report the problem. The controlled prescriptions are so heavily regulated many doctors don't like prescribing them. The last thing your mom needs is for the doctor to think she is careless with them or possibly diverting them. My hubby has been a chronic pain patient for over 8 years, so I know what a hassle it is to get the medication filled. It is always best to wait in the pharmacy IMO. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:02 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Sorry about that. Something sounds fishy at that pharmacy.

Unrelated, my daughter came home from college once with a sinus infection and our Dr phoned a prescription in for her. She was going to pick it up on her way back to college. About 2 hours after she left the house I got a call from her saying she was still in town, all upset that the pharmacy couldn't find her Rx and the Dr's office wasn't being any help. When I calmed her down and got her talking it turned out that not only was she at the wrong pharmacy but had given them the name of her old peditrician, who she had stopped seeing the year before. When she realized what she had done she slipped out quietly and never went back! LOL.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 AM

317 posts, read 1,751,227 times
Oh wow Ceese! =)

Old 02-24-2010, 10:53 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Well if its a small town I would stand at that gd counter and tell them they can fill it out now before they lose it again. I would also report this to the doctor because someone could be stealing the filled one from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness