U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:47 PM

99 posts, read 134,338 times

Advertisements

It makes me so frustrated. My Mom lives kind of far from me. She doesn't have a lot of help where she lives. I have to handle a lot by phone. Luckily, her doctor knows her very well. Her doctor informed me that she told the pharmacy she's going to request an investigation if it happens again. I made this threat once before, but they didn't really take me seriously. I live too far. I bet they're going to listen to the doctor. She was so angry. I really hope things get better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM

3,422 posts, read 9,896,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well if its a small town I would stand at that gd counter and tell them they can fill it out now before they lose it again. I would also report this to the doctor because someone could be stealing the filled one from within.
I was kind of suspecting (sadly) the same thing. If one of the employees is an addict, this could be causing the loss of the rx. Addicts can steal meds from people that really need them, without much, if any, remorse. If I were the pharmacist, I would want to institute some sort of fail-safe controlled system for filling controlled substances that prevents theft. Don't nurses have to have a witness if they are discarding narcotics? That kind of thing, but adapted for the situation.

Of course if the RPh in charge is the problem, that makes it tougher.

Hopefully this won't happen again to your mom. I am glad the dr is taking a stand on your mom's side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness