Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:11 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
He is NOW saying that "...no one told me not to fly"
Typical lawyer. It really burns me up when a person doesn't take responsibility for his actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I keep thinking about the off stuff

For instance 10 years from now can you imagine thinking about your honeymoon? gee thanks honey. lol

If she does stay with him boy that is a good way to start out a marriage and can you imagine the next family gathering.

I use to think the people in the commercials for diarrhea and constipation and the guy that has herpes had the worst 15 minutes of fame and I believe this one tops the list of worst way to get your 15 minutes of fame

I wonder if his father law watch the movie "Meet the Parents" to many times
hehe

I dont wish no ill on this guy I hope he has a good recovery.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
He has now admitted that the CDC told him not to fly home- but he flew into canada anyway. I too think he is selfish and self important. He and his family and in laws are going to be on Larry King tonight- I don't expect them to admit any wrongdoing and instead be full of excuses and justification for risking the lives of hundreds of people so he and his bride could have the wedding of their dreams (sarcasm if you can't sense it).

I do remember hearing that he was in Vietnam last year doing some charity work and that could be where the TB came from.

I do think this man's law practice is probably in the toilet now- I'm sure he doesnt have a great professional future ahead of him.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
He has now admitted that the CDC told him not to fly home- but he flew into canada anyway. I too think he is selfish and self important. He and his family and in laws are going to be on Larry King tonight- I don't expect them to admit any wrongdoing and instead be full of excuses and justification for risking the lives of hundreds of people so he and his bride could have the wedding of their dreams (sarcasm if you can't sense it).

I do remember hearing that he was in Vietnam last year doing some charity work and that could be where the TB came from.

I do think this man's law practice is probably in the toilet now- I'm sure he doesnt have a great professional future ahead of him.
You'd be surprised about that last comment - think about it, are the best and most sought out attorneys the ones who are so ethical and considerate of others and the "greater good"?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,712 times
T. B. used to be a big epidemic in the early 20th century. With this person, in our states, having the disease could start another T. B. epidemic scare.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:01 PM

99 posts, read 351,167 times
Default Just Wrong

He got on the plane thinking he could get away with it, thinking who cares
what may happen to anyone else I just need to get home. Charge him
with attempted murder, or something, just like driving drunk, traveling with
a disease when the frickin CDC told you not to may kill someone, or many.
Idiots!!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Newly identified and un-treatable TB strains have become a world-wide epidemic. The WHO has ranked it with HIV and malaria. There is an existent WHO Work Study Group devoted solely to the 3 diseases.

And, unfortunately, there are people who have acquired one form or another of TB in recent years in mainstream America. It is highly contagious, airborne and at close range...well, it speaks for itself.

I suspect there is more to the story, or less, and we might hear about it. I haven't followed the story closely, but if he did travel widely, he may have contracted it outside the States.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:38 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

I suspect there is more to the story, or less, and we might hear about it. .
Yes, I think so too.
My grandma (born 1903, died 1992) survived TB twice. She was an Army wife and traveled extensively.
Before we left Denver, my son's pediatrician said he had seen several TB cases among his patients.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I checked the CDC reports to see how TB is being reported these days and what the numbers are for drug-resistant TB. I am somewhat familiar with the disease because (a) NY had about 60% of the reported cases (2005 or 2006); immuno-suppressed HIV patients are subject to other diseases and TB is not uncommon among this population, and (c) I worked in the profession, in various capacities for many years and for the ten years before I retired in communicable and infectious diseases (primarily HIV) for the NYS government.

Clearly, we are missing some facts in this case because the carrier should have been informed immediately not to travel, and he should have been under a physician's care if he received a proper diagnosis. After a diagnosis, all TB cases must be reported to CDC (the agency responsible for maintaining national records of all communicable diseases, of which TB is one).

Whether the strain is drug-resistant or not, these procedures should be followed.

So I remain somewhat skeptical about the story-line!

Also, although this is serious, and not to be made light of, I have myself been exposed to TB and did not contract it.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 PM

628 posts, read 695,644 times
Default Cdc---

The CDC is the one who made the mistake....I do think that man would have traveled knowing he would contaminate others. CDC could not give him a plane FLY back to USA---yea right!!! But they can get a plane for pleasure trips. I smell a skunk! I am not ready to HANG the man without the completee facts....

I pray to GOD he gets better.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness