U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,323,658 times

Advertisements

lulu, if you had put Mayonnaise in that list, I would have accused you of being Paula Dean IRL! (You aren't, are you???) ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM

17,835 posts, read 30,266,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
One of my friend's friends is a super snobby healthy nut and when I ordered the fettuccine alfredo, she looked at me with a look of utter disgust and said, "That's a lot of carbs and butter. Did you know carbs all go to your thighs?" I found this funny because she's about a good 30 lbs heavier than I was so I reached across the table for a nice, refined-starch roll and stuffed it in my mouth saying "Nom nom nom nom nom". And then I looked at her and grinned
rofl if I wasn't in "rep point time out" I would so give you pos rep points for that.

Being the "tactful" person i'm not I would of said "well I see that healty eating has help you stay so slim and trim"

I will bet you the dark chocolate M&Ms I have that she doesn't eat so healthy when noone is looking

karla

Old 06-01-2007, 02:21 PM

nope. YOu're NOT taking my m&m's. No way! LOL...but I prefer the regular peanut.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM

13,608 posts, read 22,030,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
nope. YOu're NOT taking my m&m's. No way! LOL...but I prefer the regular peanut.
I eat the peanut m&m's too..The food cops said I had to eat one ounce of nuts a day. So I get my chocolate and nuts at the same time. makes me happy, makes them roll eyes

Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,601,917 times
hmmmmmmmmm

I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and I sometimes have problems where my sugar drops way too low just like a person with diabetes. I have to eat pure sugar when this happens. I carry one of those cake decorating tubes in my purse for this purpose.

Your person is a crap head to think all sugar is bad for people. He is ignorant of medical conditions which demand sugars at times. Next time just tell him he should be glad he doesn't have a condition that demands sugars and if he retorts in the negative use the old one, two punch.....

Just say:

So you don't think any person should eat sugar....let me guess why......my guess is your mother was a dwarf alien who gave birth to you rectally when she was 8 years old after being deprived of sugar so you now hate it.

Then offer him some of Karla's M& M's and walk away!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 PM

688 posts, read 2,627,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
lulu
I bet you make real biscuts nice big fluffy biscuts don't you.
This is one thing I wish I knew how to make.
I am a very picky eater and I am always hearing how I should eat veggies, salads and seafood. It doesn't matter how many times I say "I don't care for these foods" people say "you should eat them anyway"
Then they wonder why I won't go to their house or to a restruant to eat with them. It is too tiring

karla

Karla,

LOL, you bet right!

I'll send you a recipe or two. Eat your green beans cooked with some rendered bacon, YUMMMMMMY!

I can help you like your veggies again....no doubt about it....lol!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM

688 posts, read 2,627,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
lulu, if you had put Mayonnaise in that list, I would have accused you of being Paula Dean IRL! (You aren't, are you???) ;-)

Darn it! I forgot the mayo!

Yes, definitely mayo as well! But I am not Paula, I'm just her long lost illegitimate daughter! One day I gotta tell her.........

And just to add to my post to Karla as well, the biscuits....um, best made with LARD, yes, I said LARD! And buttermilk of course......

Yeah, I'm not a health nut for sure.....but I may be a little nuts in general speaking......

Old 06-01-2007, 03:03 PM

See? That's why you fit in with us so well. We're all a bit on the nuts side.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,030,261 times
My boss is a health nut, sometimes he lectures us about sugar and how unhealthy soda is when we go to the vending machine. He also thinks its a conspiricy between drs and food manufactors and the local gyms....uggggggggg and I have to hear it everyday-lol

Old 06-01-2007, 03:11 PM

28,673 posts, read 40,876,767 times
{Ahem}

Google Image Result for http://img.timeinc.net/southern/images/foods_ss/seasonal_foods/1124480/95_cremebrulee.jpg (http://tinyurl.com/yrhupu - broken link)

Happy browsing....

And did you all find the recipe for my wife's version of Banana's Foster on these boards, hhhhmmmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or