U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,265,436 times

Advertisements

I woke up the other morning and felt kind of dizzy and hot. I took my bp and it was fine but my pulse was 111. it took awhile to go down, but 90's was the average for the day. So the next day I took my pulse just getting out of bed and it was 115 and this morning the same thing. Before bed last night my pulse was 75.

What would cause it to be so high in the mornings and I am wondering if it is high when I sleep as well. I think I had something like this happen to me a year or so ago and went to my doctor and he didn't seem to think much about it but ran a bunch of tests anyway and I was fine.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,901,167 times
Over-active thyroid is one cause. But you really need to talk to your doctor b/c there are a number of potential causes.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM

11,508 posts, read 7,836,783 times
I had a high pulse rate for years, I once checked it and it was 196 bpm, but that was at its worst.
It turned out that I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I fixed both with regular exercise.

Your pulse rate doesn’t seem unreasonably high, not really high enough to worry yourself about anyway, but if it is still worrying you, get yourself checked out by a Doctor.

On another note, Alcohol can raise pulse rate and blood pressure, but I am not sure if that applies here.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 PM

31,476 posts, read 34,724,474 times
I had a year or so of a high pulse rate, 110 resting at times. My Dr didn't know what was causing it but it did go away after I started getting more regular exercise and lost a few lbs. Some things in life are a mystery, even to Dr's.

On a side note, my 19 year old son is wearing a heart monitor for the next couple of weeks because he just started having episodes of rapid beating/palpitations. He is active and thin so my excuse won't work on him. But still, the Dr (a cardiologist this time) doesn't have a clue.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,265,436 times
I had something like this happen a year or so ago. because I just had a baby and I develped hypterension after I gave birth and family hx of heart disease, he ran a bunch of tests. my cholesterol is perfect. I did a thallium stress test, I had a regular stress test, they did some kind of imgaging with my heart, they did a 3d ultrasound of my heart. Everything has come back fine.

I probably wouldn't have noticed except the other morning I just didnt feel good and took my BP which was fine, but then I noticed the pulse and panicked. Just seems so strange it's high upon waking in the morning. I am wondering if it's high when I am sleeping at night.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM

317 posts, read 1,632,350 times
Its a good idea to check in with the doctor for this one. They can always give you a holter monitor that can measure and record your heart rate and rhythm of your heart to wear for 24-48 hours at home if needed to see if its happening in your sleep.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:02 AM

4,690 posts, read 4,862,116 times
My pulse rate is high. Between 85-105 everytime I check it. The first thing i did was stop using caffiene. I read that magnesium slows the heart rate. I started taking magnesium supplements a few days ago but so far it hasn't made a difference.

Is there anything I can do? My blood pressure is normal. only the pulse rate is high. If I didn't see the test I wouldn't know anything is wrong. I don't have any chest pains or shortness of breath. When I went on a recent hike, I had the most stanima of everyone in our group, I never got winded at all.

I can't see a doctor because when I lost my job I lost my health insurance. So I am trying to fix this myself.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 PM

4,690 posts, read 4,862,116 times
The magnesium is working after all. My pulse rate today was 80 the lowest I have seen in recent memory and 15 points below my normal average. It is going in the right direction, BTW I am taking Magnesium Taurate which I read is especially good at relaxing and slowing down heart.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,642 times
Hello. I've had same issues, but with weakness n shortness of breath. I have hbp. I'm 200 pounds n I'm on BP meds for 4 y now. I've had a nuclear stress test done the nurse over the phone had said it was OK and didn't see anything alarming to come in early. That he will explain to me me on my follow up. It scares me by I've had the symptoms of heart disease n failure n all. This all happened when I started exercising well walking. Well this has I've had other symptoms months ago....I've also been stressed out so bad n everything bothers me. My heart rate usually at rest is 95 to 112. Depending how long I rest lol one day it was in the 70s at rest idk what it could b. It's scary. I mean I'm on BP meds. I read something like tackycardia what is this exactly n can it go away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness