Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,626,842 times

Advertisements

I don't know how old you are but I would see a doctor. A friend of mine's mother was tired and her carotid artery was blocked. That was the only symptom she had.

My guess is not enough sleep (burn out), but you should be checked out. No amount of money or job is worth your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,819,991 times
Multi-vitamins make me feel a weird version of wired, and I think something in 'em give me rashes.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:19 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,483,809 times
I think lack of sleep is the # 1 problem here. Only getting 4-5 hours with such an active schedule is inadequate for most people. Try going to bed earlier. You may have to cut back on some of your evening activities.

Also if the tiredness persists after increasing the amount of sleep you are getting, a trip to your doctor is in order for a good check up with blood work.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:24 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,423,648 times
Default So easy to get sick and tired of being sick and tired

Next check-up, be sure to get the DR to look at your B levels from your blood work -- too low, and you'll be tired, but other symptoms might also include slight weight loss, problems with your vision, and headaches. I take B supplements, get a B shot from time to time, and take my B vitamins as a prescription nasal spray. My problem with absorption of the 'energy' vitamin stems from problems with my digestive track, but still, as I got older, I found taking a good Vitamin B supplement daily helped me tremendously with my energy levels.

Routine exercise, even if you force yourself to walk around the block a couple times helps, too. I make myself walk the dog, even when I'm tired. It helps us both. While it is most difficult to do, try to minimize the stress in your life -- consider where the source(s) of stress are, and do what you can to improve the situation. The effects of stress can linger longer than what you might think, too, even after the stressful situation improves.

Try, too, to eat iron-rich foods, like greens. There is a wide variety of greens from which to choose, and you can easily add things like spinach to a salad, or to soups. You can also cook in cast-iron, believe it or not, and reap some of the benefits to your hemoglobin.

If fatigue continues to be a problem for you, schedule an appointment with your DR. Fatigue can often accompany other problems. I'd start with diet and exercise, and Vitamin B supplements, however.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:30 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,700,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Multi-vitamins make me feel a weird version of wired, and I think something in 'em give me rashes.
Time to find a better multi-vitamin.
They're not all equal.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 03-05-2010 at 06:46 PM..

Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,497,930 times
get more sleep. lack of sleep is probably already affecting your work. cut out the stuff between 7:30 and 11:30 three nights a week. move one of your workouts to your off day so you workout every other day.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,148,926 times
I'm always tired also. I get up at 4:30am for work, get to work by 6:00am, and out by 2:00pm. I go home and take a half hour nap, then go to the gym, then to school, and in bed by 9:00pm ... And, still, wake up exhausted .... I've had all types of bloodtests done and my dr says, "you're fine".

I hear vitamin B-12 is good ???

Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 PM

648 posts, read 1,171,080 times
oh my god! You just answered your own question in your description. You are working yourself to death. Remember.. we are not slaves. If your current jobs is killing you, then yes it IS your choice to quit. And yes 5 hours of sleep is not enough to sustain human life. You need more down time, more time to relax. There's nothing wrong with that. Your body is trying to tell you something. I don't believe there is a magic vitamin or pill that will help you... I agree you need to go to a doc ASASP & get blood tests run, stress test, etc. And when's the last time you had a quality vacation? or a weekend trip, etc..?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,403,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinC View Post
I live a typical busy life. I wake up everyday at 4:30 AM, arrive at work for 6:00 AM. Work till 4:30 PM., then I work at my consulting job from 5:00 to 6:60 PM. When I get home sometime around 7:30 I get on the treadmill and run for 45 minutes, then I lift weights for a bit. I watch TV usually for an hour and get to bed about 11:30-45 PM. I drink coffee but it doesn't make me feel very good. I tried green tea but it doesn't give me enough energy. I eat 3 meals a day balanced protein / carbs and small snacks in-between (usually simple carbohydrates). I tend to have Sunday off so I am usually extremely lazy then. During the day I often find myself becoming fatigued to the point where I feel too dizzy to work.

What can I do to help besides the obvious (getting more sleep)...
Nothing. GET MORE SLEEP. Anything else you can do is just a band-aid that will fall apart with a little more time.

If it's obvious what the problem is, then why don't you fix it?

Your body is telling you that it needs more rest; listen to it. If you don't, you will bring health problems upon yourself in time.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM

4,156 posts, read 10,987,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I'm always tired also. I get up at 4:30am for work, get to work by 6:00am, and out by 2:00pm. I go home and take a half hour nap, then go to the gym, then to school, and in bed by 9:00pm ... And, still, wake up exhausted .... I've had all types of bloodtests done and my dr says, "you're fine".

I hear vitamin B-12 is good ???
I would get a second opinion with a full thyroid panel from and endocrinologist.
Some Dr.s think that just because people have blood work that comes in the "normal" range for thyroid levels, then they must be "fine".but you are obviously Not fine. So many docs. are wrong. thyroid disease is a tricky byatch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness