U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 05:58 AM

74,900 posts, read 87,324,236 times

Advertisements

I am sure the whites of the eyes do indicate the possibility of some diseases, but overall there is much more to it then just that. People can have bloodshot eyes because they didn't get enough sleep or have allergies for starters. Obviously very yellow eyes can indicate liver problems, but other things can cause eye discoloration I think. I am not a doctor, I don't know for sure about any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 12:52 PM

5,314 posts, read 11,492,745 times
You are probably OK unless you see this...
Attached Thumbnails
Do the whites of your eyes indicate overall health?-strain-1400x750.jpg  

Old 08-17-2014, 04:07 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,009,442 times
Yikes!!

Some other things to mention besides yellow sclera is that blue is also not good. It indicates a thinning of collagen such as in arthritic diseases and ehlers-danlos. But may look better.

I personally witnesses a capillary (I think that's what it is) grow from the back of my eyeball to the iris when I had iritis for over 6 months. (Iris was inflammed and not getting good blood supply and or o2 I suppose. ) I used to be able to wiggle the red line with my fingernail but over time it sunk into and attached to my sclera. Now whenever it gets itchy (from rubbing against my eye lid) I know that the inflammation in my body is high.

So maybe a lot of "red lines" ( A different look from allergies or being high) indicates something similar?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 PM

80 posts, read 148,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Yikes!!

Some other things to mention besides yellow sclera is that blue is also not good. It indicates a thinning of collagen such as in arthritic diseases and ehlers-danlos. But may look better.

I personally witnesses a capillary (I think that's what it is) grow from the back of my eyeball to the iris when I had iritis for over 6 months. (Iris was inflammed and not getting good blood supply and or o2 I suppose. ) I used to be able to wiggle the red line with my fingernail but over time it sunk into and attached to my sclera. Now whenever it gets itchy (from rubbing against my eye lid) I know that the inflammation in my body is high.

So maybe a lot of "red lines" ( A different look from allergies or being high) indicates something similar?
I have blue tinted sclera ALL my life since childhood..... it is not possible to have collagen thinnig while being a baby..... I think I was just born with this color sclera.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:53 PM

17,830 posts, read 13,394,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Apples don't clear out gallstones - at least they didn't for me.
For the three years prior to my surgery, I was an apple a day type of person.
The malic sp? acid in apples and tomatoes will emulsify the hard stones...that is IF you eat nothing
but those 2 things and the juice of them for 3 days...only ( you could cheat with a few bites of
steamed greens, I suppose) oh, and distilled water with lime or lemon the more the better...not iced.

Then drink about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of olive oil just before you go to bed...by about 4 am
your gallstones will pop out alright..some as big and green as snow peas...some as big
as your thumb!
The green is the cholesterol, apparently.

But, look it up, do not take this as medical advice...and if you find a recipe where you take
the bitter tasting Epsom Salts...I don't recommend that just bec it is so drastic...but many many
folks have incredible success and are the only ones in their family that still have a gall bladder!
So..lots of info online now a days.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,309,965 times
I suppose so and my color is ok but I have a heck of a time with goop in my eyes and it crusts up in my lashes and I have to wipe them out 4 or 5 times a day with a wet washcloth. They get cloudy and puffy too. No pain but it's very aggravating and seems to be worse in summer.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,009,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstat View Post
I have blue tinted sclera ALL my life since childhood..... it is not possible to have collagen thinnig while being a baby..... I think I was just born with this color sclera.
Doesn't seem like it would be *actively* thinning then. It could be thin at baseline which may indicate a problem or it may not. Largely depends on if you are having other symptoms. Again, it does not usually actively thin, but some are thinner than others and this is usually indicative of a problem.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:10 AM

5,314 posts, read 11,492,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The malic sp? acid in apples and tomatoes will emulsify the hard stones...that is IF you eat nothing
but those 2 things and the juice of them for 3 days...only ( you could cheat with a few bites of
steamed greens, I suppose) oh, and distilled water with lime or lemon the more the better...not iced.

Then drink about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of olive oil just before you go to bed...by about 4 am
your gallstones will pop out alright..some as big and green as snow peas...some as big
as your thumb!
The green is the cholesterol, apparently.

But, look it up, do not take this as medical advice...and if you find a recipe where you take
the bitter tasting Epsom Salts...I don't recommend that just bec it is so drastic...but many many
folks have incredible success and are the only ones in their family that still have a gall bladder!
So..lots of info online now a days.
Rubbish

Take this nonsense to the alternative med forum where people will believe fairy tales like this....

Old 08-23-2014, 07:39 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,665,178 times
I can tell if a person is high on certain drugs by pupil size. Also, can assess for a neuro injury that way. Yellow eyes indicate jaundice. A blue halo around the iris indicates issue with cholesterol. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,612 times
The skin color of individuals also relates to eye color as a racial characteristic. For darker skinned people, it can be quite normal to have a yellowish ting to their sclera. This is normal.. and those which are mixed race can encounter this as well. It is a normal part of being a darker person.. Issues like blood vessels or redness need to be watched though in that this might be a sign of a ruptured capillary or something.
I would suggest that you watch for what is "not normal" for you instead of dreaming of what you wish for. I think we all know what is normal for our eyes to look like since we have been around them literally for our entire lives for observation. When you see something not normal, that is when to worry or ask questions..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness