Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times

Advertisements

I once had a conversation with an organic farmer who said he can tell if someone's overall health is good by how clear the whites of their eyes are. If your diet is lacking alkaline or getting too much, or you're not getting proper nutrition, your eyes will not be as white as they should be, they'll take on an off-white or yellowish hue. Any truth to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,009,535 times
NO. I've always been very healthy(for the most part), but am just plagued by having not-clear eyes. By mid afternoon my eyes are always bloodshot and somewhat yellowed.. Damned genetics.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:59 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
I think there is. When I was helping a lot of people out with diet I could tell what they were eating just by looking at them and suggested to change things based on stuff like yellow eyes. I would tell the yellow eyed to drink more water (filtered) and eat foods good for the liver. If you take in high fat, smoke, drink, coffee or need medications that will always make your eyes a lot more yellow than they naturally are.

Also having gallstones can make it be an issue.

A simple fix that cleans up and clears out: apples. No kidding!
Artichokes are good for the liver too. Take some artichoke hearts + garlic on whole wheat toast and clean yourself up and out.

An easy way to tell if you need more water is to pinch the back of you hand. If it does not go back quickly you are either over 70 or dehydrated. (and may be over 70 & dehydrated )

Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I once had a conversation with an organic farmer who said he can tell if someone's overall health is good by how clear the whites of their eyes are. If your diet is lacking alkaline or getting too much, or you're not getting proper nutrition, your eyes will not be as white as they should be, they'll take on an off-white or yellowish hue. Any truth to this?
No its not true...

The whites of your eyes are not affected by diet.

Certain disease states can affect the sclera such as jaundice in liver disease causing yellowing of the sclera as well as the conjunctiva.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,587 times
Quote:
To use the eyes to try in figure out the "overall health" of a person I think is a bit too far, but I do feel that a person eyes do tell you a lot more then any other body part just from mere observation.

As far as a yellow tint, yea, if you have HEP C/B your eyes can turn yellow if you are in a advanced stage of the illness. Pretty much what bluedevil said...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 AM

You can tell a lot about a person just from the nail bed. Some visual western accepted: clubbing of the fingers with lung cancer, nail health points to various health issue (dents, colors, texture, nailbed) Chinese face reading is used to help figure out issues. Just not in your backyard maybe.

They yellow of an advanced diseased state is much deeper and rich than what I am talking about. It just takes the eyes from a bright blue white to a warm white. Sometimes there is more cream and red closer it gets to the lid lines and inner corner.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:35 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,374,939 times
The Bits must have been very healthy - "Don't fire till you see..."

Then there are the weed smokers you can tell by the light blue irises...

Apples don't clear out gallstones - at least they didn't for me. For the three years prior to my surgery, I was an apple a day type of person.

All fun stuff, but very questionable in accuracy. The most club-fingered person I ever met had heart issues. The best all this does is can give an overall impression that then can be used to delve further into making a diagnosis.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM

Apple softens them and makes them easier to push out with your normal fat intake and flush. If you were to do a "liver flush" (alt.health & not up for debate as this is not a debate forum) you can try to soften stones with apples/apple-juice or break them up with chanca peidra. I do not think all gallstone problems can be fixed like this. I think if you have the thing going on with a porcelain one or are ill from stones, you definitely need to go to the doctor for help. If for no other reason than to be on the look out for cancer issues.

The apple juice method in my experience seems to flush out stones that are not really creating problems. Like ones that have been created by diet (reduction) or fasting. I think if you are actually ill from it you need to go to the doctor. Blockages are bad news. They can happen on flushing too. I really am not too wild about olive oil liver flushes. I only did one after a long fast because I was getting that pinch and they came out upon flushing. I just wanted to get it over with instead of waiting. I hate that pain.

Merck does not question clubbing:
Symptoms: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Lung Disorders: Merck Manual Home Edition
"Prolonged lung disease can even produce changes in other parts of the body, including finger clubbing. "

Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
Quote:

Yes and No. (I work for a doctor and have for over 10 years). The yes part is that generally your whites of your eyes should have a nice bright white appearance alas, when people are tired,they will look fatigued and tired and discolored usually reddish to a slight yellowish tinge.
If your skin also have a yellowish tinge, you may want to do further examination or see a doctor. Yellowish eyes and skin are indicative of a liver disorder. This is why doctors always are (or should be)checking your gums, skin, whites of eyes... all discolored in those regions (especially all at once) is usually indicating something is going on.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 112,885 times
My eye white parts are not clear. My serum bilirubin's 1.2 mg/DL.
Alkaline phosphatase 154 u/l .I want to clear white .what can I do ......... I will also continue my medicine udiliv 300 & hepamarz ..... For last once wks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness