U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,633 times

Advertisements

I had my gall bladder out on 09/09/2010. It has been a little over six weeks. I actually started hurting on 08/13/2010 and was misdiagnosed a couple of times. The first doctor told me I had a UTI. My regular doctor told me I had colon diverticultosis, because of left side pain and fever. I took antibiotics and was put in the hospital a week later because of the severity of the pain. I had X-rays and a CT scan, but all came back negative. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy when my surgeon told me he wanted me to do the HIDA test. I found out that my gall bladder was only functioning 28%. I had the gall bladder surgery, and after four weeks, I was having some rectal bleeding. The doctor did an exam and found out that I had a rectal tear. After a week of suppositories and stool softeners, he told me I was healed. I am on a low fat diet, and have lost 30 pounds in 45 days. I still have pain in my left and right side. The surgeon tells me that the pain is more in likely due to muscles being pulled and stretched during surgery. My regular doctor tells me that he saw nothing on any of my tests to indicate any serious disease or illness. He told me he had his gall bladder out and he had pain and discomfort for eight weeks. I am just wondering why my left side hurts about as often as my right side does. Has anyone else experienced this? I have my good and bad days, and some days hurt more than others, especially when I am on my menstrual cycle. I am assuming that has to do with muscles also, as I had a pap smear and pelvic exam after I got out of the hospital the first time and all came back normal. I just hope I can one day not have any pain at all. I hurt more at night, so maybe that is when food digests the most?? For now, I am sticking to low fat. I would love to hear some encouraging stories. It seems all I hear is the bad parts of having gall bladder surgery.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,531 times
I had my gallbladder surgery done about 4 weeks ago doing well except I have one concern I still have a small opening that has not heal completely yet very tender to the touch this accured after my doctor told me on my 2 week check-up that I could go back to doing my regular activities but I think that was a mistake because know i still have a small area that has not yet heal and it makes me nervous about getting infected how will I know will it have some red areas around the area will it have a smell are what please help ease my mine... thank you so much jennifer

Old 04-16-2016, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
I just had my gallbladder removed three days ago. Since the surgery I've lost 15 pounds. On a strict diet no dairy no meats. Alot of Jello some crackers. I tried eating cottage cheese and ice cream the night I came home bad mistake! Had a bm in my pants I know tmi but its true.that's a good thing I had constipation before and now its easy as pie I've seen alot of post we must remember everyone is different just hang in there like I am! Take care and god bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness