Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 08:08 PM

377 posts, read 575,949 times

Advertisements

Suddenly, the news about drugs, disease and research is encompassing these three steroids more&more. Thank goodness.

I have hopes that some day soon the Medical Profession will simply recognize that we should monitor estrogen/progesterone/testosterone from birth until death do us part.

My personal experience with taking HRT at the age of 69 for almost 4 years to keep me healthy is sufficient evidence for me. I'm sick and tired of all PCP's saying that because I'm 80YO, it's not important. It took me another 4 years to get it out of my system. My PCP last year did admit to me that he had been misinformed himself about HRT and health maintenance. It gave me breast cancer. I discovered the cancer myself. HRT made the mammograms unintelligible. I know NOW how it influenced my brain because I was taking college courses during that time. However, the same PCP said it wasn't important because of my age. That's not true!!

It may be that saliva testing might actually work instead of blood testing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
Suddenly, the news about drugs, disease and research is encompassing these three steroids more&more. Thank goodness.

I have hopes that some day soon the Medical Profession will simply recognize that we should monitor estrogen/progesterone/testosterone from birth until death do us part.

My personal experience with taking HRT at the age of 69 for almost 4 years to keep me healthy is sufficient evidence for me. I'm sick and tired of all PCP's saying that because I'm 80YO, it's not important. It took me another 4 years to get it out of my system. My PCP last year did admit to me that he had been misinformed himself about HRT and health maintenance. It gave me breast cancer. I discovered the cancer myself. HRT made the mammograms unintelligible. I know NOW how it influenced my brain because I was taking college courses during that time. However, the same PCP said it wasn't important because of my age. That's not true!!

It may be that saliva testing might actually work instead of blood testing???
I agree! But in this day and age, you can monitor your own blood yourself. Also, a blood test is MUCH better then a saliva test to find out whats actually going on in your body. Discount Online Blood Chemistry Tests & Results, Wellness & Anti Aging Direct Access Laboratory Testing

Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,250 times
Absolutely great subject.
Medicine may move towards this type of testing in the near future.
The real challenge I see is cost.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 AM

377 posts, read 575,949 times
Default Health Care Reform To Help With Blood Testing Security

Have to follow the President's lead right now in Congress. He also wants reform and transparency in body parts codes used by the Insurance CEO's. The codes themselves are big business. That's one thing WHO should monitor.

I just discovered that even the service part of Wall Street is being managed globally. A prof from SMU said that we in the US in the economy are now a service industry country. Not true. The IT Call Center is in India. I just found out my TV call center is in Philippines. This has happened in the last two years. Amazingly, the India and Philippine call center employee speaks better English than any one I have heard on the telephone. I relocated to Dallas County, TX from the metro DC/MD area in 1990 with MCI. Full expectations that the IT Call Center would be there. This was in 1990. It was wonderful for the first five years. Then slowly it started disappearing. When I wanted to relocate my retired old self back home, Dallas had 20% of the foreclosures in the US, 2004.

So please get your congress persons , all 3, to pass the President's health care plan. So we can talk to citizens of India and the Philippines about getting body parts codes normalized on Planet Earth. Like we all share the Periodic Table of Elements and Hydrogen is #1 and there is a real live physical BBB, Blood-Brain Barrier.

This is where Main Street and Wall Street have to reconcile.

I also just discovered that Newtonian physics still reigns in our Galaxy. We are all basically COHN, Carbon Oxygen Hydrogen Nitrogen.

I'm apolitical. Registered Independent in Maryland. Can't vote in primaries. So I can speak globally without bias. My main legal system is Chumash globally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness