U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 PM

17,647 posts, read 17,703,164 times

Advertisements

You need to see a doctor..........but Ivermectin is generally safe and effective:

Treatment of human scabi... [Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 1999 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI

Thirty-eight patients with scabies (21 males and 17 females) received oral ivermectin in two doses of 200 microg/kg at 7 days interval. Excellent results were achieved in 29 cases (76.34%), improvement in 6 (15.78%) and poor responses in 3 (7.88%). Tolerance was satisfactory-excellent in 32 patients (84.2%).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 12:26 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,231,990 times
This "emergency" is from 2010. I sure hope the patient survived. Sounded like hives to me.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 AM

43,012 posts, read 94,946,213 times
He survived. He posted three days ago. It would have been nice if he came back and told us what happened. Better late than never.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,295 times
Accidental Scientist, please I beg of you, PLEASE help me! At the moment I'm locked in my room terrified of facing another night of this HELL!
Im scared, in pain... VERY bad pain, and having people think I'm crazy.
I've been for medical help for scabies, but this is NOT scabies!!! My legs hurt so bad it's hard to walk. My knees, elbows, shoulders, hands.... **** it, in in pain all over! And when I try to tell people it's NOT an itch! This is down right REAL pain, and with as deep as the pain is I'm convinced there is some very bad long term if not pennant damage.
I live L.A, and I'm at my wits end! So when I read your post I started crying! And I'm a 44yo man,
Your post describes me exactly. And this has been going on, literally, for a couple years now. And it's now affecting my mental status as well! If not simply from the lack of sleep (sleep at and outt break is impossible, no joke!). But I also have HIV, which I was convinced I can't get rid of this ferocious beast! It is so ferocious, that I usually have a panic attack at the first sign of them! Because they have Ben gone at times for several months, but always to return with such vigor that I don't know if I will make it through.
I am quite literally, LIVING IN HELL!!! I can't hardly concentrate long enough to write this email, let alone hold a job!
Right this moment the swarming feeling I have is so intense that if I didn't know any better could be described as covered in fire ants. They are in my eyes, my nose, my mouth.
PLEASE HELP ME
[mod] no personal info, not safe [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-07-2013 at 07:56 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,779 times
Hello folks I don't have a clue where I got scabies from. I remember getting reall sick the sickest I have ever been, about two weeks later I starting itching really bad, I went to the ER and the doc told me I had eczema, I applied whatever cream he had prescribed. Nothin happened the itch got worse so I went back to the ER. They doc told me I had bed bugs, I explained the issue to my bf at the time and he said it sounds like u have scabies I never heard about scabies never knew it existed, I went to the doc again and asked the doc was it scabies and he said yesyou do have scabies,he prescribed me permentin cream. It didn't work so I went to the hair store and bought some tea tree oil and that along with salt bath water really helps. I soak in cold salt water and 15 drops of tea tree oil, wash your clothes daily, iron your clothes before u wait them. Just be clean clean clean ! CleN your house with bleach!!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:05 PM

27,263 posts, read 25,854,893 times
The Permethrin cream does work. It doesn't mean the itching will go away immediately. You don't need to iron your clothing before wearing and you don't need to use bleach.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM

15,128 posts, read 12,264,209 times
These are nasty little buggers. Takes strong medicine to get rid of them once they dig in. Truly, it doesn't take anything special as far as bedding and such. Just wash them. Scabies have gotten fairly rare, overall, just because of the rinse cycle. Now, the stuff to unentrench them from our bodies is a bit more specialized. Its strong stuff. Follow directions PRECISELY!! You can make yourself pretty sick not following the usage guidelines to the letter.

The stuff is a toxin. Yea, I'm sure there are myriad home remedies. Folks have been treating things like this , effectively, for thousands of years before modern medicines. I know of several such methods that work for scabies. But sharing them here, I don't think is a good idea. To many variables in individual human physiology and I'm no doctor.

But, if a doctors services are unavailable I could still get rid of a case of scabies. I can encourage people to look into such alternate methods on their own , however. Home remedies, many of them anyway, are quite effective for many things and knowledge is power. People don't have to depend totally on doctors and shouldn't for every little thing. In many cases, good ol' Grandma/pa is just as good or better than MD/PHD, FACS/ ETC ETC.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accidental scientist View Post
there is a not so new form of this beast known as scalp sarcoptes it is my firm belief that is has mutated to thrive on scalp of human. Let me correct that statement;it thriving on human scalps epidemic and the C.D.C. needs to step on this one now it is causing horrible scars and many other obscure illnesses and ailments . I know this as I am doing very many interviews in my local area and by telephone interviews. around april this year I noticed that my hair seemed dirty and washed repeatedly without feeling like it was clean, I thought to use Dawn dish-washing liquid to see if it would clean my hair any better. What happened was it caused the reaction of the scabies to emerge or become at least noticeable as to something; was in or on my scalp and very painful not much itching if any the dawn lifted the scales of what looked like severe dandruff which I have never had but have seen on others. then the pain severe throbbing and stinging and burning. Since I own a micro-scope I mounted some of the material from my scalp and what a shock a bug what kind I did not know but some research and symptom checks directed me to the ER. There I was treated for usual lice head type but know this was not the problem at all there were not ant bugs that was on my hair but on my scalp. The feeling of being bitten painful very painful and burning. Now when treated for lice all I did was make the problem worse and I mean worse, I was told that I did not do the treatment correctly and to do it again and this time to look on You tube at the videos on how to comb through the nits and lice. After three of four tries and the pain and condition getting much worse I returned to medical staff and assured them that I could not get any bugs from my hair and that they were on my scalp and biting me with such force. Again I was told to repeat the treatment for lice and do it correctly. Now I was very sick from these mites and thought not really sure what I prayed and then shaved my head hair to maybe about a sixteenth of on inch still not able to get to the bugs now I suspect scabies because I pulled off some scale looking shells with the razor and put on slide to view under the scope and now I know; but all information reads not on scalp by medical people but they are behind because it it now and it is bad please help us GOD> Thank s to a team of
Doctors at U.S.C. hosp in Los Angeles California that took the time to listen in the mist of their busy shifts and progressive teaching and researching ; I was treated with Ivermectin and it so helped also about 4 hours after being given the med I felt dead bugs just falling off ,and much of the symptons that I was suffering were much relived like leg pain headache joint pains and severe muscle cramps nausea voimiting and the feeling of being poisened by something as I live alone an wonder how on this earth did I contract this thing? I am now aware of many in my local area grocery store,markets, gas stations and a few others like neighbors and not right next door. Too many and I ask and inform all of them hope that this information helps all even the money from a cashier at local market is full of those bugs please tell your story as I have much more to say about this mutation of scabies known to science is that a mite simular to scabie lives and travels on marijuana plants and who only knows where it has been before it is used by the consumer I mean the street stuff? :Let me be very clear here I do not do drugs and never have,live alone and am not envolved with anyone so why do we have this form of this ? Lets get it treated to totally destroy it please dont just dye your hair to hide what you thing is lice and that the dye will kill it ,because it wont not this beast it is mutated and maybe because of the people that hide it and not treat it . If you have this or know someone that has please get help and dont stop even if the doctors are not knowledgeable about demand dermatolgy please that is what they do even with sub-speciality please dont let it be for all out sakes it needs to be eradaicated . From an accidental scientist.
Well done I work in a nursing home as a licensed practical nurse and some of our nurses aides keep getting re infected from this mite even though all residents and employees were treated but not at the same time we cant get rid of this at work. The health department protects residents in our nursing home but can't help employees. Does anyone have any suggestions for our nursing home. My employer is not taking this contagious rash serious

Old 06-23-2015, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
Yes, grandma. sprinkling sulfur powder in the sheets nightly will help kill them. Buy sulfur powder on amazon as it is hard to find in the stores these days. You can also buy styrax benzoin and peru balsam online from too. Use two parts styraz benzoin and one part olive oil and 1/2 to one part peru balsam. Can use ounces. So 2 oz. styrax, 1 oz. olive oil and 1/2 to 1 oz. peru balsam. Apply twice a day for at least 3-4 days or more. Can use this mixture on scalp, eye lids, lips, ears etc too.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:05 PM

1,941 posts, read 2,969,384 times
Permethrin Cream 5% for Scabies

Permethrin works, but only if it is applied correctly! Read this carefully about how itching may persist for a while after the organisms are killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness