U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What contraceptive methods are you confortable with?
I am a man and not a big fan of condoms 8 30.77%
I am a woman and not a big fan of barrier method e.g condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps. 5 19.23%
I am a man condoms is best way possible unless otherwise 4 15.38%
I am a woman barrier methods are the safest way possible 5 19.23%
I am a man hormonal contraceptive aren't safe for her unless otherwise 1 3.85%
I am a woman hormonal contraceptive methods are not safe, unless otherwise 3 11.54%
I am a man hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
I am a woman hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM

796 posts, read 1,655,486 times

Advertisements

I have been married for years and we still use condoms. I won't get into details why (TMI) but it's what works for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 AM

796 posts, read 1,655,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If a couple really wanted to avoid pregnancy, they should probably be really careful around Ovulation time, me thinks.
that too...

Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM

23,957 posts, read 22,876,544 times
I used the pill (5-6 yrs) before I had a tubal with no problems at all. A co-worker went to the IUD and loved it. They decided to have a child and she had no problem getting preg. once it was removed.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM

27,236 posts, read 42,289,864 times
As a last resort, there's always abortion.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM

25,906 posts, read 37,464,915 times
A man should never rely on abortion as a last resort. It is not his choice to make, and women have been known to change their minds when the time comes--for lots of reasons.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,596,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
As a last resort, there's always abortion.

Here goes the debate.

And calling abortion "birth control," makes me sad to my stomach.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM

27,236 posts, read 42,289,864 times
{sigh} It does the job. No further discussion necessary.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,179,428 times
I have a steady menstruation cycle so I have always used rhythm method. It has never failed.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 7,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for three months our motives for our relationship is long term nothing random, but we have had some major issues such us unplanned pregnancy, i will be graduating soon from university and she will be just getting into it and we do not want to ruin our lives.

so we suggested hormonal contraceptive methods since i am not a big fan of condoms, my reason for not using a condom is the less sensitivity it has for me and sex wouldn't mean anything to me but just getting off.

I am well aware of the hormonal contraceptive side effects and the worse of all would be lower sex drive for her and i know that wouldn't be pretty for the both of us, as it is not only about just her or me but our relationship . I love her and i care about her and i wouldn't want the worse to happen to both of us.

I am thinking of using a condom for our own good, until the time is right and also I would like to know your best way possible of managing birth control over all these years or months of sustained romance?
This is a sensitive topic for many couples, but the best way to prevent unplanned pregnancy in a long-term committed realtionship is for the female to use a cervical cap, as well as female condoms or the female sponge that is a very effective way of ensuring a 0% pregnancy rate.

Once again it would be her call, but most men do not enjoy using condoms, due to sensitivity matters, but the cervical cap is painless for a female and easy to insert, but it is very important that she uses either female condoms, or a sponge to ensure a 0% pregnancy rate. The man will have complete stimulation, and it is equally safe and enjoyable for the female as well. Always ensure that she uses a female condom or a female sponge that can be obtained at any drug store. The cervical cap and sponge can be used always. The female condom is a good idea with the cervical cap if she does not want to use the cap with the sponge. It will help keep the relationship fun and no unplanned pregnancy. This is very important for career minded individuals. Men and women enjoy their special times together and this method is 100% fun and safe.

Ensure that she is happy with your concerns and method of contraception ideas. The easiest solution is a female cervical cap and female sponge or female condoms. Although the condoms are a bit pricy, it is the best and safest method. It is nice for both partners and you will enjoy your special times together always. No worries = A perfect relationship for two.

Definitely, stay away from hormonal therapy it can cause all sorts of female problems later in life including all sorts of female cancers. Natural is best. Cervical caps are safe and very effective, especially when used with female sponges or female condoms. Always check the cervical cap for holes or breakage. This is rare, but can happen, that is why it's important to use a female sponge or condom. This will ensure 100% complete safety and pleasure for both couples. Healthy men & women make lots of love to their partners. It is good for the heart and reduces stress it is a great way to express love and devotion, and leads to a great marriage later in life. As I study natural medicine, I know that this is the safest and best method for committed partners. And men love this method, as most men hate condoms, as you have mentioned. You are Not Alone in this area, many men hate them as well. Congrats!

Hope this info helps!!!

Congratulations on you long-term relationship as well!

Chandra VallesdesMars

Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM

25,906 posts, read 37,464,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra VallesdesMars View Post
This is a sensitive topic for many couples, but the best way to prevent unplanned pregnancy in a long-term committed realtionship is for the female to use a cervical cap, as well as female condoms or the female sponge that is a very effective way of ensuring a 0% pregnancy rate.

Once again it would be her call, but most men do not enjoy using condoms, due to sensitivity matters, but the cervical cap is painless for a female and easy to insert, but it is very important that she uses either female condoms, or a sponge to ensure a 0% pregnancy rate. The man will have complete stimulation, and it is equally safe and enjoyable for the female as well. Always ensure that she uses a female condom or a female sponge that can be obtained at any drug store. The cervical cap and sponge can be used always. The female condom is a good idea with the cervical cap if she does not want to use the cap with the sponge. It will help keep the relationship fun and no unplanned pregnancy. This is very important for career minded individuals. Men and women enjoy their special times together and this method is 100% fun and safe.

Ensure that she is happy with your concerns and method of contraception ideas. The easiest solution is a female cervical cap and female sponge or female condoms. Although the condoms are a bit pricy, it is the best and safest method. It is nice for both partners and you will enjoy your special times together always. No worries = A perfect relationship for two.

Definitely, stay away from hormonal therapy it can cause all sorts of female problems later in life including all sorts of female cancers. Natural is best. Cervical caps are safe and very effective, especially when used with female sponges or female condoms. Always check the cervical cap for holes or breakage. This is rare, but can happen, that is why it's important to use a female sponge or condom. This will ensure 100% complete safety and pleasure for both couples. Healthy men & women make lots of love to their partners. It is good for the heart and reduces stress it is a great way to express love and devotion, and leads to a great marriage later in life. As I study natural medicine, I know that this is the safest and best method for committed partners. And men love this method, as most men hate condoms, as you have mentioned. You are Not Alone in this area, many men hate them as well. Congrats!

Hope this info helps!!!

Congratulations on you long-term relationship as well!

Chandra VallesdesMars
Cervical caps are not 100% effective. No contraceptive method is 100% effective. You can use more than one method and be as careful as you can and still only achieve 99.99-whatever percent. Pretty good odds, but that still means that there will be women out there, staring at the positive pregnancy test, wondering what the heck just happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness