Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What contraceptive methods are you confortable with?
I am a man and not a big fan of condoms 8 30.77%
I am a woman and not a big fan of barrier method e.g condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps. 5 19.23%
I am a man condoms is best way possible unless otherwise 4 15.38%
I am a woman barrier methods are the safest way possible 5 19.23%
I am a man hormonal contraceptive aren't safe for her unless otherwise 1 3.85%
I am a woman hormonal contraceptive methods are not safe, unless otherwise 3 11.54%
I am a man hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
I am a woman hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times

Advertisements

Pill (actually got pregant with this method because I got the flu)
Depro-Provera shot (liked the convenience but has side effects)
Surgically Fixed!! - LOVE IT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
pulling out
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
lol ouch that's what i was considering
SERIOUSLY?!

Ok then I don't know what to tell you. With your logic, shes going to get preggo (again) either way. So you might as well do whatever you want.

I've been having sex with the same person for 5 years:
I was on the patch for a little over year and it was awesome. Yes having sex with no condom is much better, I won't deny that. But I absolutly hated going to the doctor so we switched to condoms temporarily..well we've been using condoms for 4 years now. I want to get back on some form of birth control but there's some reason or another I don't like each of them, so condoms it is.

actually I should add that there's one that lasts 5 years that sounded perfect for me, but they won't give it to you unless you already have a kid. I think that's bullsh*t.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
First we did bcp, then I stopped taking them. I never got prego (probably had to do with the fact I got it once a month if that)

However, I will be getting Mirena asap.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Until recently, my husband & I used the pull & pray method, although we were both perfectly willing to accept an unplanned pregnancy. We both do not like condoms, so I guess we're lucky that we don't have a brood of kids.

Now that we both know that we do not want another child for sure in the near-term, I got the Mirena IUD. I'm happy, it's hassle-free and I personally have not had any of the problems that some have associated with it.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Whatever happened to the good old fashioned "pull-out" or "withdrawal" techniques? Damn progressives...

Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Whatever happened to the good old fashioned "pull-out" or "withdrawal" techniques? Damn progressives...
You keep at it.......I love to see little Jaybirds in the spring!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
You keep at it.......I love to see little Jaybirds in the spring!
HAHA I'm about to head out in search for some worms. Can't wait to purge them into the mouths of my offspring.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for three months our motives for our relationship is long term nothing random, but we have had some major issues such us unplanned pregnancy, i will be graduating soon from university and she will be just getting into it and we do not want to ruin our lives.

so we suggested hormonal contraceptive methods since i am not a big fan of condoms, my reason for not using a condom is the less sensitivity it has for me and sex wouldn't mean anything to me but just getting off.

I am well aware of the hormonal contraceptive side effects and the worse of all would be lower sex drive for her and i know that wouldn't be pretty for the both of us, as it is not only about just her or me but our relationship . I love her and i care about her and i wouldn't want the worse to happen to both of us.

I am thinking of using a condom for our own good, until the time is right and also I would like to know your best way possible of managing birth control over all these years or months of sustained romance?
Find a hobby or interest and forget about the women!!!LMAO...........

Old 03-15-2010, 04:43 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
The whole "birth control pills make a girl crazy" argument is bunk. There have been studies after studies that show that is not true. It actually has been shown to make the vast majority of women feel better and less hormonal. I think women just use that as an excuse to be ******* - just like pms. No thank you.

I am on the pill and I love it. I was scared to get on it because I always heard horrible things about it, but there was no truth to what other women said. I say go to the doctor and have a frank discussion. You'd be surprised what he/she might have to say.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I have to use hormonal birth control, anyway, due to severe iron deficiency anemia and the corresponding medical need to decrease my heavy menstrual flow accordingly. I've been prescribed hormonal birth control for this reason since years before I was sexually active, and have used four different kinds in the intervening years...three types of pill, and, currently, NuvaRing. The first two types of pill I was on were monophasic, and triggered severe mood swings and headaches. Triphasic pills worked well for me, in regard to the varying levels of hormones not triggering such severe symptoms. When I began requiring actual contraceptive purposes, and not just the blood-loss regulation, I switched to the ring, so that I could take some of the user error factor that can plague pill-users out of the equation. Something I don't have to think about for three weeks at a time works well for my lifestyle, and thus far, no emotional disturbances that I've noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness