Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What contraceptive methods are you confortable with?
I am a man and not a big fan of condoms 8 30.77%
I am a woman and not a big fan of barrier method e.g condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps. 5 19.23%
I am a man condoms is best way possible unless otherwise 4 15.38%
I am a woman barrier methods are the safest way possible 5 19.23%
I am a man hormonal contraceptive aren't safe for her unless otherwise 1 3.85%
I am a woman hormonal contraceptive methods are not safe, unless otherwise 3 11.54%
I am a man hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
I am a woman hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you serious? All my IUDs used to be inserted overseas, but I've been thinking of getting one again, here. .
Translation: I need some sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Translation: I need some sex.
Translation: I've always had it and it feels weird not to, smart alec! Or course, according to the well-known Gwyned theories of fertility, I'm not likely to have to worry too much about it...

Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
OP, if you and your girlfriend are in a committed relationship and you trust her to take her pill everyday, I'd say tell your girlfriend to go with the birth control pill on the lowest amount of estrogen possible. I use lutera. It works great and hasn't affect my sex drive at all (and the low dose of hormones won't make you want to kill yourself haha...ugh).

Old 03-17-2010, 08:30 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,031 times
Quote:
Are you serious? All my IUDs used to be inserted overseas, but I've been thinking of getting one again, here. So what if I don't have children...? I've no plans to have children, either.

Inserting them is painful, though, particularly the first one. I was in agonizing pain for at least 4 hours and was thinking of going back and having it taken out. Went to a friend's house 'cause my Mom didn't know about it. Then it settles, though, and you have peace of mind for years! It's totally worth it! The Copper T that is - I'm not gonna mess with hormones.

Well, if you have already had one then they may likely do it for you. I know of rare cases in which childless women were able to receive them, because they could not use other methods for whatever health reasons.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:31 PM

271 posts, read 785,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Any kind of side effects? Pain? What about sex?
No side effects for me. The only problem at the moment with it is that my husband can feel the threads. I have an appointment to see if they can shorten them.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
OP, if you and your girlfriend are in a committed relationship and you trust her to take her pill everyday, I'd say tell your girlfriend to go with the birth control pill on the lowest amount of estrogen possible. I use lutera. It works great and hasn't affect my sex drive at all (and the low dose of hormones won't make you want to kill yourself haha...ugh).

I was thinking about looking into a low dose hormone pill. What are, if any, side effects you have experienced?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannasmomma View Post
No side effects for me. The only problem at the moment with it is that my husband can feel the threads. I have an appointment to see if they can shorten them.
Great. Thanks! I'm getting inspired with all the input about it. I will do more research and who knows, maybe no more pull-outs for us.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Translation: I've always had it and it feels weird not to, smart alec! Or course, according to the well-known Gwyned theories of fertility, I'm not likely to have to worry too much about it...
Eh, my girlfriend got pregnant at the age of 41 after one time. Sorry girl, still gotta worry about it for a long time.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 PM

271 posts, read 785,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
FYI, doctors will not give IUD's to women who have not had children yet, because it is more difficult and painful to insert.
Yes they will. Yes it is painful but not nearly as painful giving birth.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
I haven't read all the pages and pages of responses.

I was on BCPs for 20+ years with absolutely no problems. I was very responsible about taking them at the same time every day because I absolutely NEVER wanted to get pregnant. My ex-bf was paranoid and always used a condom in addition to the pills.

By the time I met my now husband, he was more than ready to make sure we never had to worry and he had a vasectomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness