U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does teaching about birth control increase sexual promiscuity?
Yes 5 10.87%
Yes but not significantly 2 4.35%
No 36 78.26%
Not Sure 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM

5,525 posts, read 10,225,841 times

Advertisements

No, I don't believe it increases promiscuity, and in fact, lessens babies born out of wedlock to young kids not ready or in any way prepared to become parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,955,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
A father takes his 12 yr old son to the side and says they need to talk about SEX.

The 12 yr old says "sure dad...what do you want to know"?
Talk to Kids PSA from The Attack! - Video

Seriously, though, sex ed scared the cr*p out of me. All those nasty germies. All those crying babies. If you don't want your kids to engage in early sex, support sex ed.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:50 AM

8,283 posts, read 12,130,574 times
^ plaid mom lol I am laughing because Sex Ed doesn't not promote sex but the consequence of sex! and I was taught in a very liberal school in 7th grade!
Then it came down to the implications of STD's where HIV/AIDS wasn't huge then!
The implications of teen pregnancy and the ensuing hardships afterwards.
Kids need to know this stuff and I know many parents are scared of approaching the subject but before it used to be get a anti biotic or another cure.

HIV/AIDS kills now and parents can no longer deny or inform their kids of the risks involved.
I have buried over 6 friends now to HIV and only one was gay. All of them in their prime of their lives in early 20s & early 30s with kids.
If you want to raise your child the right way? make them aware of the world and do not fear sexual education.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 AM

89 posts, read 115,220 times
I guess it does but isn't that better than being clueless about contraception? "Taking a bath or staying upside down for two hours after sex can prevent pregnancy" are some of the misconceptions (pardon the pun) that are prevalent among young adults in Asia Pacific.

A survey that was conducted among 1800+ participants of ages between 20-35 from nine countries in Asia Pacific found that young adults are unclear about the effective use of contraception to prevent STIs and unplanned pregnancies. 8 out of 10 respondents in Singapore say they have had sex with a new partner without contraception. The figure is among the highest in Asia Pacific, just behind China at 89%, Indonesia at 88% and Malaysia at 84%. Equally worrying, 6% of respondents in Singapore are not aware of any contraceptive methods.

Part of the problem is access to accurate information, citing the internet and friends as the most common sources of misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness