U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,698,405 times

Advertisements

I wonder if this is what I have on the back of my hands. Starting early summer last year while i was out camping with family, the back of both of my hands started to itch like crazy. After a few times of itching, i finally looked and there were all these tiny pinpoint white bumps. Itched like crazy for months, went to see the doc, she said something about flat warts, but nothing else. Over the winter when it cooled down again I noticed that my hands itched less and the bumps went away. Didn't really think anything of it until it started to warm up outside again. Lo and behold, the itch, and the bumps, came back. Next time I see my doc I will have to ask about heat hives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:38 PM

239 posts, read 468,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
It's also called Cholinergic Urticaria. Basically it's a condition where you breakout in hives and start to itch whenever your body gets hot. Doctors aren't sure as to what exactly causes it or how to cure it.

Here's an article on it:

Cholinergic Urticaria and Chronic Heat Hives - Do You Itch When You Get Hot?
Yes, but I just thought it was because I'm Irish. Didn't think it was an actual medical condition...just hives. A cool shower pretty much fixes the problem...at least it does for me. I lived in Hawaii for six years and was hive-y all the time. I'm in a cooler climate now and much happier in that regard.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 805 times
I started having this when I turned 17. I noticed when the heat is on in the house i would get hives so I shut my vent and open windows in the winter and I have to take cold showers. If I don't I break out in hives every where. This really sucks. I never knoew why randomly it started and my doctor never knew what it was. This sucks bad since I also have eczema and that gets irritated in heat also. I also break out from other stuff to but my doctor told me I have very sensitive skin and the eczema will react to certain things since eczema is considered an allergy.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 344 times
Omg you all don't know how relieve I am to hear that I'm not the only one with this condition.I am now 22 but I've been dealing with this since I was in elementary school so now that I understand a little bit more about it I have a little hope now that it will get better.I always felt like I couldn't do certain things without getting overheated and breaking out..I'm going to start researching more thank you all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness