Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,018,391 times

Advertisements

lol nhh
I was so afraid I would do the same thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,895,621 times
Red face More noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
lol nhh
I was so afraid I would do the same thing
then I got really embarassed......I mean, If I snore in my sleep, did I let one rip? Squeek one out, toot my horn, shoot a bunny?? ROTFLMAO !! Could you imagine??????? OMG

Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 PM

208 posts, read 644,104 times
Default Omg

Hi happy

How you doing? OMG did not even think of those possibitiles LOL I would be so embarrassed,.

Myfask

Cool, I believe that humor is good for the spirit Would feel bad though, If anyone was offend.

Some really great Ladies, thanks bunches!!

Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
I asked about the fillings too and was told it would be no problem i did have to take off my earrings and necklace. the metal would of blocked the scan.
when is this scheduled?

I go in this Tues. at 6:30 Yes, they told me not to wear any jewerly. Myfask, they did not mention if they give me something to wear, or maybe sweats and t--shirt. I can not wear my jeans? What did you wear in?

Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,275,646 times
They gave me a hospital gown and asked me to take everything else off.

I was able to ask for a Valium before hand but then of course you have to have someone drive you home. If you think you will be that stressed, ask your doctor if that is posible.

The last time I had one, I fell asleep in the MRI...I had been injured in a car accident and not been able to sleep, for some reason the hard board you lay on was just perfect for me and off I went. The ladies were impressed.

They are tight but I am pretty good at denial, I close my eyes and convine myself this is not really happening. If I keep my eyes open, I get a little stressed about how tight it is.

I asked one time and they told me if the power went out, there is a way to disengage the stretcher you lay on and they can pull you out...

Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Hi there-
Just had to jump in on this one since I have a funny story.

I am claustrophobic & my Dr. gave me a Valium to take before the MRI.

I did not sleep the night before. I was a wreck. Took the pill, had someone drive me. I thought "Oh this pill isn't working" I was so anxious.

They strapped my down, pushed me in and I practiced the meditation breathing, closed my eyes. The next thing I hear is the nurse saying..."Umm Wake up Honey". I was like WTH ??!!
The techs all were smiling...I was confused.

Later they told me that I fell asleep and I was snoring loudly.
I will always welcome your 2 cents happy!
Yes, the Doctor prescribed I believe Valium for me, and omg, I am thinking the same thing. My anixious meter is off the charts, so this is not going to help..Hmmm He gave me (2) pills to take, take one and half an hour later the other. WOW ...Can only hope for the same response as what you had Happy well maybe not the snoring lol

But I have to say, this post has really help me to wrap my self around this whole thing. and its because of the wonderful post that each caring individual took from their busy day to post for support. Big thanks to each and all.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Good point to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
They gave me a hospital gown and asked me to take everything else off.

I was able to ask for a Valium before hand but then of course you have to have someone drive you home. If you think you will be that stressed, ask your doctor if that is posible.

The last time I had one, I fell asleep in the MRI...I had been injured in a car accident and not been able to sleep, for some reason the hard board you lay on was just perfect for me and off I went. The ladies were impressed.

They are tight but I am pretty good at denial, I close my eyes and convine myself this is not really happening. If I keep my eyes open, I get a little stressed about how tight it is.

I asked one time and they told me if the power went out, there is a way to disengage the stretcher you lay on and they can pull you out...
Lisa,
Good advice, I have tried the denial process, and have been successful with the outcome. And today I have been going back and forth with should I use that method or just take the pill., I really need to have a look at this shoulder, And the techs time is just as valuable as mine and anyone else. So to have soft clean exam maybe take the pill.
Now you mention the machine having problems, well there you go, that is what I have been fearing. Thank you for bring that point to light for me

Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 PM

So question to anyone who is in the neighborhood to answer? When I try and give rep points it says I have to spead some around to others first?

Have not particiapted in to many postings. Still new with this part of the process., thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeedom View Post
I go in this Tues. at 6:30 Yes, they told me not to wear any jewerly. Myfask, they did not mention if they give me something to wear, or maybe sweats and t--shirt. I can not wear my jeans? What did you wear in?
because it is only your shoulder the only reason they would make you put on a scrub shirt is if your wearing a bra. becauwse of the little metal things on the straps

i wore jeans I took my shoes off but then again I will use any excuse to take my shoes off
my hubby wore jeans when he had his knee done and he didnt have to take them off

omg don't you start worrying about the power going off. you are going to work your self into a tizzy by Tuesday (this is said with love )
I was the first person for the day and the machine was not plugged in yet , it took only a couple minutes to get ti on line with the computer
I am telling you trust me you are going to be fine. as far as medical procudures go this is one I would rather do than others as a matter of fact having 4 dogs in the house this week I wonder if I could talk my ortho into scheduling one for me so I can have 25 mins of no barking

Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeedom View Post
So question to anyone who is in the neighborhood to answer? When I try and give rep points it says I have to spead some around to others first?

Have not particiapted in to many postings. Still new with this part of the process., thanks
you have to give a certian number of rep points to other people before you can give it to someone again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness