Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,491,882 times

Advertisements

Why cover them? They're your badge of honor, proof that you've been there, done that. Treasure your gray hairs. You've earned every one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM

104 posts, read 544,548 times
That's one way of looking at it. That is my perspective of very old people, and why I think it is important to have respect for them. They've been around a long time, and have seen and experienced a lot.

However, I am 38, still single, and I don't think the white hairs are going to attract women any more than previously, which has been never.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:59 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,531,736 times
I am still trying to figure out what grey hair has to do with health? Sounds more like fashion and beauty to me...........

Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,017,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I am still trying to figure out what grey hair has to do with health? Sounds more like fashion and beauty to me...........
good point!! but some say it has to do with a mineral deficiency. (no comments, im not starting trouble here!)

Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,709,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
good point!! but some say it has to do with a mineral deficiency. (no comments, im not starting trouble here!)
but that (mineral deficiency) can be true ... although i assume there's a genetic factor as well?

also, see vegetables like kelp and dulse (and others) are eaten to prevent / "combat" gray hair and, btw, those foods are very rich in minerals.

i use a Chinese herb called Shou Wu Pian ... although i should add, to be on the safe side, that it's a good idea to see an acupuncturist or a Chinese herbalist to make sure that it doesn't create or exacerbate imbalance.
Shou Wu Pian

Last edited by coyoteskye; 04-02-2010 at 02:40 PM..

Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 AM

1,689 posts, read 4,292,377 times
It's mostly heredity!

When you look good you feel good.

I started greying when I was 26 and have been dying my hair ever since.

Going too dark can be a challenge but I streak the top lightly (one of those cap kits go far when busted up).

The little grey hairs wash out a face and can make you look tired IMO.

If your going to experiment with an all over dye pick a color one or two shades lighter then your natural hair color. The darks will go real dark if you get something cheap or an unknown brand.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:10 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,491,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundRockinite View Post
That's one way of looking at it. That is my perspective of very old people, and why I think it is important to have respect for them. They've been around a long time, and have seen and experienced a lot.

However, I am 38, still single, and I don't think the white hairs are going to attract women any more than previously, which has been never.

Would you REALLY want to attract women who are so shallow that your hair color makes a difference? I wouldn't. Relationships built upon appearance are doomed to failure because nobody can maintain it forever.

As I've gotten older (I'm now 60), I find that women are still attracted to the same things they've always been attracted to: Character, genuine honesty and humor. Looks don't matter all that much to women worth having.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,214,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Designers rejuvenate grey hair - News, Fashion - The Independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness