Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Ok, have the HIDA today, DR thinks I have Gallbladder dz, and may have to hace Cholesystectomy. My mother, Aunt and cousin have all had their gallbladders removed.

I have been having this chest pain since last December and a full work up was NOT done when I was in the hospital back in Dcember. I was hospitalized for 2 1/2 days and was released. Stress Thallium was neg, abn ekg, echo was fine, I was hooked up to a hoter the whole time I was there.

Ever since I have been having CP. I have seen pcp and ekg abn abn abn. He says, ok, lets send you to Cardio, strong family hx MI and BYpass surgery, etc, so I go to the Cardiologist, and he crosses his arms and says Why are you here? There is nothing wrong with you, You are a 33 yo woman.

He sent me to GI for any possible R/O before going the Cath route. GI has found Hiatal Hernia, Gerd, neg US of gallbladder, and at my follow up he said no test is 100 percent.. incert HIDA, and in 2 weeks Upper Endoscopy.

I am glad SOMEONE is trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I told this doc that I am afraid that I am going to be sitting there one day at work having chest pain and with the other drs voice in my head... theres nothing wrong... and I'll be sitting there having a heart attack. Can you imagine? And this happens... Young white female, not really in the odds for heart attack..

Some drs pi$$ me off... Why are you here? ugh Well, dr I think I have a booger in my nose, can you get it out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 05:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Best of luck, Robyn. I'm with you, girl. '

LOL...love the booger comment. Glad you've maintained your sense of humor.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:45 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
SO results should be in soon......

Old 06-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
SO results should be in soon......
I have access to the hospitals system, I can probably get them tomorrow sometime... Told a dr at my office all of the issues I was having, he is also "my" Dr,

Had the scan. When they did the second go round and put the med which reproduced pain.. Contracted the gallbladder..it hurt and I almost got sick. It however did not reproduce the chest pain that I have.

So, I probably have gallbladder dz, and still dont know whats causing the chest pain. Dr thinks cardio is skirting around it because I had a neg stress, and my age, not doing the cath thinking ins probably wont cover. Once again, I told my dr I dont want to be sitting up at my desk on day having chest pains and it being a heart attack and me not doing anything about it because cardio says its not cardio....

Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM

I just read my original post, I couldn't spell or type...yikes.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
LOL... Cinder... Just read your first post.

Wow, I've been having some palpitations and had awful heartburn this past weekend (but I know THAT was because of the damn RAGU sauce I used) but anyway, I'm seeing my doctor next week because I want the works and I want him to put me on that monitor too. I usually end up telling him what I want.

BTW....asking you why you are there is actually not a joke... It's part of the guidelines... It's called "reason for the visit" or "Chief Complaint" and it's supposed to come from the horse's mouth and almost put in verbatim on the day's notes. Of course, there are ways to go around it and you might end up with the Reason being written at the end- depending on whether it's a covered service or not by your insurance.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
LOL... Cinder... Just read your first post.

Wow, I've been having some palpitations and had awful heartburn this past weekend (but I know THAT was because of the damn RAGU sauce I used) but anyway, I'm seeing my doctor next week because I want the works and I want him to put me on that monitor too. I usually end up telling him what I want.

BTW....asking you why you are there is actually not a joke... It's part of the guidelines... It's called "reason for the visit" or "Chief Complaint" and it's supposed to come from the horse's mouth and almost put in verbatim on the day's notes. Of course, there are ways to go around it and you might end up with the Reason being written at the end- depending on whether it's a covered service or not by your insurance.
Yep, I know bout that... I work at a drs office... BUT... he walked in the door and told me I didn't need to be there... why am I there? He didn't feel my problem was cardiac in nature... Hands on hip and all...

Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
I am glad SOMEONE is trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I told this doc that I am afraid that I am going to be sitting there one day at work having chest pain and with the other drs voice in my head... theres nothing wrong... and I'll be sitting there having a heart attack. Can you imagine? And this happens... Young white female, not really in the odds for heart attack..

Some drs pi$$ me off... Why are you here? ugh Well, dr I think I have a booger in my nose, can you get it out?

The triage nurse was like- you're fine- Its probably just an allergy- then one dr. did an x-ray- I had a blood clot in my lung and had to be admitted- Contraceptives cause blood clots, btw. (and I am thin and dont smoke either) The lesson I guess is to be pro-active- if you really feel something is wrong, dont talk to your neighbor- get to a dr. I was upset with that nurse..

sunny

Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

The triage nurse was like- you're fine- Its probably just an allergy- then one dr. did an x-ray- I had a blood clot in my lung and had to be admitted- Contraceptives cause blood clots, btw. (and I am thin and dont smoke either) The lesson I guess is to be pro-active- if you really feel something is wrong, dont talk to your neighbor- get to a dr. I was upset with that nurse..

sunny
I would have been too... Pulmonary Embolism is no joke either. I do talk to the drs, but you guys are my neighbors, so I kinda talk to you both... I dont take chances when it comes to my health. Got my family to take care of...

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Statistically, sometimes women are treated differently than men in the ER. In the 80's for example women were more likely pegged as having anxiety, rather than heart ailments (it was a common belief that men- Type A pesonalities with high stress jobs were more prone to heart attacks) so, in those days less women were teasted for heart problems. I know this unfortunately bcs my Mom died in her mid-50's from a treatable heart condition, had it been properly diagnosed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness