Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM

25 posts, read 155,659 times

Advertisements

Hello

I'm trying to see if anyone has been diagnosed with both. I've been diagnosed and treated for Fibromyalgia for about 2.5 years now. I'm 25, I went from working full time with my own house and car to living off unemployment and losing my house due to all my health issues.

Anyways I have been having very strange issues lately...my left jaw hurting..the nerve under my leg eye twitching...left leg cramping.

My blood pressure is always normal or low but I've had a rapid heart rate for the past few years..maybe longer but never paid attention til the big red alarm went off when i couldn't get out of bed for a week.

I'm always tired after doing hardly anything..and I've had excessive sweating at night.

The problem I'm having is everything I just mentioned can be "put off" as a Fibro problem.

My Grandfather had quite a few bypass's for his heart but past him not much family history..i guess just the normal high cholesteral and high blood pressure.

I dont have a "real" insurance plan, just something my city has for low income people that lets me go to a fun clinic where I may see 1 of 20 "doctors" and i use that term very loosely.

I'm looking for suggestions on ways to proceed. I have been called a hypochondriac by too many people because of my invisable problems with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to just go to the clinic.

I appreciate any input.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Don't let the bastards wear you down, the health issue is real, not imaginary. I know a lot of people have had their symptoms improved by large doses of anti-oxidants and other dietary approaches. Google ads linked with your posts may lead to some promising help, but do your research, there is a lot of malarkey out there.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 PM

25 posts, read 155,659 times
Well here's an update

I woke up today with an even faster pulse and pain in my chest so I went to the clinic. Found out I lost 6 pounds in 8 days when I wasn't trying at all.

My pulse was 138, and the second time the nurse checked it 154. She ran my blood pressure 3 times but it was different everytime 120/100...110/90..138/94. My temp was 99 degrees.

Doctor comes in and I tell her everything going on, at this point my chest was hurting to the point it was getting harder to breath so she did an EKG. The results came back as 117, which i think means my pulse was 117...i'm not quite sure so any help on that would be great. Anyways she said that was within normal range and was smiling.

Mind you I am still having pain and breathing problems, i'm kinda dizzy and my chest felt like someone was beating a drum. How do you smile at someone and pretty much just make them feel like well..you're not going to die right this moment so off you go.

She gave me Coreg to get my pulse back in control and if it gets worse i'm supposed to call her or go to the ER. My chest pain slowly faded, turned into a heachache from hell that i'm still trying to deal with.

I am now supposed to get my thyroid levels tested. I told my doctor I went to an endrocridologist (sorry for spelling i'm tired) for over a year, had every test under the book given to me for the doctor to say I'm fine. Even went for a second opinion on it...it just feels like i am living my life from 2 years ago all over again.

lol maybe i just needed to vent this all out but it just is so hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness