Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,693,426 times

Advertisements

Came across this:

Question:
I am 61 and postmenopausal. Sometimes I get a headache that preceeds, and seems to be relieved by, a bowel movement. I can`t tell if the headache is causing the BM or the BM is causing the headache. Have you heard of this? And do you know what I can do to prevent the headaches?
Answer:
No, I have not heard of this
Answer came from some university doctor.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? And if so, have you figured it out? Is it the BM causing the headache or the headache causing the BM?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,140,803 times
Uh, I don't think I better comment on this one.
Anyway, I hope you find out which is causing which.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 PM

1,689 posts, read 4,285,185 times
Toxins can cause HA (head aches) and that's what your bowels are full of.

Good bowel regime and cleaning yourself out (a cleanse once a month) is key for health.

The question is how good is your bowl regime/habits etc...(are you retaining stool/motility/frequency/access/meds/history etc..).

Diet is a big one that effects it all.

Good diet and exercise are key (make sure you're getting enough fiber/water).

When people tell me they have a HA I tell them to drink water.

It's the BM causing the HA (sending a signal "get me out of here" (of course if that is indeed the case).

Good-luck

Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 AM

26,635 posts, read 28,427,436 times
Toxins--could be but also a food allergy. Once the offending food leaves the body the headache goes away. Experiment with milk, soy, wheat, corn -- most common allergies.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,601,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Came across this:

Question:
I am 61 and postmenopausal. Sometimes I get a headache that preceeds, and seems to be relieved by, a bowel movement. I can`t tell if the headache is causing the BM or the BM is causing the headache. Have you heard of this? And do you know what I can do to prevent the headaches?
Answer:
No, I have not heard of this
Answer came from some university doctor.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? And if so, have you figured it out? Is it the BM causing the headache or the headache causing the BM?

You're 61 and have you ever had a colon check? If not why not?

What you're complaining about could be a symptom of colon cancer so get your butt to a doctor and get checked out instead of asking for medical advice on a public forum already!!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,165,779 times
Constipation causes headaches. Menopause causes constipation. But I agree its good to get a full check up when anything is acting off.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:56 PM

1,689 posts, read 4,285,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
You're 61 and have you ever had a colon check? If not why not?

What you're complaining about could be a symptom of colon cancer so get your butt to a doctor and get checked out instead of asking for medical advice on a public forum already!!!!
Colon cancer: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

Colorectal screenings should begin at the age of 50.

If you haven't gone in and had this done you should.

Headaches are not a warning sign of colan cancer.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 PM

23,519 posts, read 69,907,878 times
Welcome to the world where doctors are not gods.

Get a colonoscopy. You are likely overdue for one anyway. It'll clear out your gut like no other method.

Gut bacteria are strange cohorts. Sometimes they are on your side, sometimes they want to make you sick. After the colonoscopy, do the yogurt, probiotics, and increased fiber routine. Periodically, make sure to use raw garlic and take oil of oregano to limit the growth of putrative bacteria.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 29,519 times
can you get headaches with colon cancer?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,448,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Uh, I don't think I better comment on this one.
Anyway, I hope you find out which is causing which.
I don't think I should either because my first thought was, "Where do you have your head?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness