Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Really? I'm just curious, how many of you actually read books on the subject?
I don't, I trust my physician, he's good and isn't pushing pharmeceuticals unnecessarily, if I thought he was I'd be gone.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Again, Morph. Her post is not being addressed. And it won't be. Of that, I have no doubt. A reasoned response for debate is going to take far more effort than linking books that will not and cannot be read in this thread.
I hear you Braunwyn but I dont come here to "debate," really. Is that what this is all about?

As far as my links, I'm just heading you in the right direction in case you wanted a place to start. It's better that I do that anyway because I'm not qualified to "debate" people like you Braunwyn.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I hear you Braunwyn but I dont come here to "debate," really. Is that what this is all about?

As far as my links, I'm just heading you in the right direction in case you wanted a place to start. It's better that I do that anyway because I'm not qualified to "debate" people like you Braunwyn.
Yea, I think OPs like this one are meant for debate. I don't think any qualifications are necessary, just effort is all. Tho, that's tough during the work week.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Samston, the thread pertains more to physicians than psychiatry, you've already posted many places your feelings on the later field, are you sure your posts aren't reflecting that? I had a bad experience with a physician, a simple blood test could have told him what was wrong, but it didn't turn me against the medical profession. Whether we like it or not, we need them. Shop around like you would for a car or anything else, if I bought a lemon, I wouldn't assume all car's are lemons and refuse to never buy another.

I don't believe the part in bold. Doctors are bad people who give bad advice.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Yea, I think OPs like this one are meant for debate. I don't think any qualifications are necessary, just effort is all. Tho, that's tough during the work week.
Now you know this is child's play for you. You're so smart.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Don't confuse medical science and consumer protection laws with bad doctors. We live longer because of a combination of advances in medical science and consumer protection laws. Medical science help detect, prevent and treat diseases. Laws and regulations make cars, working conditions, foods, etc., etc., etc. safer. Bad doctors are bad doctors regardless of the times we live in.
Dude, doesn't apologetics tire?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I don't believe that.
Well I am confidant that the doctor who helped your mother birth YOU did. You may want to think that over in your self built box of denial. You do know at least that your viewpoint is completely out of touch with reality...right?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,747 times
Quote:
Great post. It's unlikely that it will be addressed, tho. That's just how the folks around here roll. A whiff of reason sends 'em running.
I wasn't trying to debate anything, just sounding off on what I thought about that information.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 PM

207 posts, read 963,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well I am confidant that the doctor who helped your mother birth YOU did. You may want to think that over in your self built box of denial. You do know at least that your viewpoint is completely out of touch with reality...right?
Don't bother, he is so far off the deep end he thinks he's swimming with the little mermaid

Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Now you know this is child's play for you. You're so smart.
Again, it's not a matter of smarts (sarcastically or not). I just want to pull back the layers. If the statements made by people are true, then I want to know all about it in the context of the conversation. Sometimes it is a matter of hot air, but we don't know until we ask. Nothing wrong with asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I wasn't trying to debate anything, just sounding off on what I thought about that information.
Good point. Perhaps there isn't a debate when the foundation of a statement is based on bologna. It's just inaccuracies that need to be corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness