Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times

Advertisements

What is interesting, his infomercials he pays for, they really get you interested in buying his books. I have never bought his books since so many people say he's a ripoff artist. And that the books he is selling don't really have all the answers.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,780 times
His books seem to be a continuation of his infomercial! Just more "the questions are here but you must pay big bucks to my website for the actual answers."

I would love to find someone who actually paid and see what answers they came up with.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
What is interesting, his infomercials he pays for, they really get you interested in buying his books. I have never bought his books since so many people say he's a ripoff artist. And that the books he is selling don't really have all the answers.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:36 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,009 times
I can't stand the sight of him. He is one pretentious man and pretense is not attractive!!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM

702 posts, read 3,151,967 times
Default Very interesting article...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
Thanks for the link!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:12 PM

688 posts, read 2,836,014 times
Yeah, I stupidly bought that memory kit....and still yet, I can't remember my name sometimes!

JK, folks, in all seriousness, I started it.......but then I kept forgetting to finish it! LOL!

Last edited by Lulu_IWG; 07-29-2007 at 01:37 PM..

Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 PM

688 posts, read 2,836,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

Yeah, you know the saying, "you have to spend money to make money"!
He spends money on his infomercial, yes, but he gets that back tenfold!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
I don't know why you all are so down on him. I have both his books. The first one I got as a gift. The second one I broke down and bought. I haven't finished the first yet - it does irritate me that he wastes so many words trying to explain and defend his problems with big business and government, but I do believe that there are powerful forces working against him. There is a lot of truth in what he says about all that.

For anyone interested in more natural methods of health maintenance, he has some excellent links in his books that are worth researching. As with anyone's book, you have to remember they have an agenda, a point of view, and you heave to read with a critical mind and separate the wheat from the chaff

I don't know anythng about the other stuff he's selling, and don't intend to buy, so can't comment on that.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't know why you all are so down on him. I have both his books. The first one I got as a gift. The second one I broke down and bought. I haven't finished the first yet - it does irritate me that he wastes so many words trying to explain and defend his problems with big business and government, but I do believe that there are powerful forces working against him. There is a lot of truth in what he says about all that.

For anyone interested in more natural methods of health maintenance, he has some excellent links in his books that are worth researching. As with anyone's book, you have to remember they have an agenda, a point of view, and you heave to read with a critical mind and separate the wheat from the chaff

I don't know anythng about the other stuff he's selling, and don't intend to buy, so can't comment on that.
Everyone already knows that the health insurance and drug companies are controlling the system, but have you learned his "secrets" by reading the book?

Old 07-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Default What a character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
Everyone already knows that the health insurance and drug companies are controlling the system, but have you learned his "secrets" by reading the book?
Oh, I guess this pretty much answers my question:

1990: Larceny and prison
In 1990, Trudeau posed as a doctor in order to deposit $80,000 in false checks, and in 1991 he pled guilty to larceny after he had provided false information to obtain credit cards which he used for his own purposes. He spent two years in prison because of this conviction.

1998: FTC fine
In 1998, Trudeau was fined $500,000 to be used for consumer redress by the FTC, relating to six infomercials he had produced and in which the FTC determined he had made false or misleading claims.

2004 False claims settlement
In September 2004, Trudeau agreed to pay $2 million ($500,000 in cash plus transfer of residential property located in Ojai, California, and a luxury vehicle) to settle charges that he falsely claimed that a coral calcium product can cure cancer and other serious diseases and that a purported analgesic called Biotape can permanently cure or relieve severe pain.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Here's the big secret:
EAT LESS.
EXERCISE MORE.
But...it didn't cost you a thing, nobody made any money off it, so it's worth nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness