Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:09 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,849,745 times

Advertisements

i did want to say decreased sex drive is normal on any birthcontrol, its all about the hormones and is a common complaint in women on bc.

i have a could of friends whove delt with mirena...
#1: still has hers and loves it
#2: ended up getting repeated infections and cramping and found out after much pain and anguish it had sifted and embeded in the lining, the result was a hysterectomy, shes only 30 and has 1 kid...was hopign for another
#3 had hers removed after 6 months of constant uncontrolable severe cramping (something shed NEVER experienced before)
#4 is debating having hers removed as its been almost 2 years her periods are still unpredicatble very heavy, and painfull cramping, and since having the iud shes also been getting repeated infections.

they all suggest waiting at least 3 months though, drs seem to agree that by 3 months your body should have adapted and any potential side effects/problems shoudl have subsided.
cramping in the first 3 months is VERY common.

my opinion, is its like EVERY other medication out there, one needs to make themselves aware of the side effects and remember, just because one person loves it doesnt mean it will also work perfectly for you, EVERYONE is different.

my gyn has asked me if i might be interested in the IUD (i dotn have kids but theyd make an exception as im low fertility and no plans for kids) but i told her no thank you...my current method is working perfect...why fix whats not broken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 AM

37,093 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanta View Post
I have had mirena for a month now and i have been having radom painful cramps ever sence i have had it insearted....I just started to get light headack and been spotting... the only thing that i worry about is the painful cramping day after day.. idk if i should have it remove or what??
The cramping and spotting are not uncommon. If you have had it in place for only a few weeks, it likely will get better. An antiinflammatory pain medication like ibuprofen usually helps, because it reduces the production of a chemical called prostaglandin that causes the uterus to contract.

Do make sure to check for the IUD thread. Sometimes cramps will cause the device to come out. If you cannot feel the thread, you need to see your doctor.

I would not expect Mirena to cause headaches.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 6,229 times
I got the mirena just a little over 3 months ago... I'm pregnant for the second time since then, the first resulting in a miscarriage only a couple weeks along and am looking at the same outcome again.Come to find out this happens A LOT for some women it may be happening every month. I personally believe the mirena is a very nasty horrible "bc" which I would actually classify as an abortion tool. I am having mine removed today in hopes that the removal process won't disrupt the pregnancy. I have had 3 miscarriages and 2 full term healthy boys before being on the mirena and after much research thought that the mirena would prevent pregnancy altogether since it is said to block the tubes and was confirmed by my Dr. upon insertion. It apparently doesn't 'prevent' anything it allows it and then disregards it which is also why ectopic pregnancies are high with the mirena. Look up all these things for yourselves don't just read forums and decide from what others say. Get the statistics then decide if it is worth the risks for yourself. I personally feel it isn't even worth the minor side effects let alone the major ones. Definitely not worth the life of a child.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,238 times
Default IUD cramping after a year

I got my IUD put in September of 2010. I experienced the usual cramping for a week or two, but nothing too unbearable. Two months later I stopped having my period, which I am totally ok with. Everything was great, I couldn't even tell I had the IUD until about 2 months ago when I started cramping on a daily basis. Since then I have had cramping every day, and in the past couple weeks I've started bleeding irregularly. I scheduled an appointment with my gyno and she said everything was fine, that the IUD was in perfect place. She said that after a year I shouldn't be experiencing anything like this, especially since everything was fine for the past year. I do not want to get it removed because it cost me $800 and I don't have many options available for me for birth control. Has anyone had problems like this??? Please tell me any information you can!!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM

37,093 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danijustine2007 View Post
I got my IUD put in September of 2010. I experienced the usual cramping for a week or two, but nothing too unbearable. Two months later I stopped having my period, which I am totally ok with. Everything was great, I couldn't even tell I had the IUD until about 2 months ago when I started cramping on a daily basis. Since then I have had cramping every day, and in the past couple weeks I've started bleeding irregularly. I scheduled an appointment with my gyno and she said everything was fine, that the IUD was in perfect place. She said that after a year I shouldn't be experiencing anything like this, especially since everything was fine for the past year. I do not want to get it removed because it cost me $800 and I don't have many options available for me for birth control. Has anyone had problems like this??? Please tell me any information you can!!
Did your doctor check for infections? An infection of the uterine lining could do this.

Another possibility is that the uterine lining has gotten very thin. When that happens, it can bleed. When your doctor examined you, did she do an ultrasound?

Also, you might want to try some ibuprofen for the cramping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness