Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 04:35 PM

672 posts, read 502,230 times

Advertisements

Where were you when President Kennedy Was Assassinated? How did you find out?

I was not born yet. My Mother was not even a Year old yet (She was 8 months old) but My Grandmother said she was at home cleaning and the TV was on when a News Bulletin came on announcing that JFK had been shot in Dallas. My Grandfather was working and she called him him at work to tell him to turn on the TV.

My Mom was sleeping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 12:00 PM

7,235 posts, read 5,114,062 times
I went to a movie that day...alone...that's my story and I'M STICKING TO IT!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I went to a movie that day...alone...that's my story and I'M STICKING TO IT!
My question was how did you find out about JFK assassination not what you were doing that day although that was part of it.

I don't know why this post is not generating any kind of buzz. these types of posts usually get several answers witihn a few hours.

Seem to tel me not many people over the age of 55 are on here often.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
I was 5 years old, playing in the basement with my friend Gerry, who lived a few houses away. My mom called to us and told us to come upstairs. She told us that the President had been shot, and that Gerry should go home.

I said, "Why? He didn't do it."

Old 03-30-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I was 5 years old, playing in the basement with my friend Gerry, who lived a few houses away. My mom called to us and told us to come upstairs. She told us that the President had been shot, and that Gerry should go home.

I said, "Why? He didn't do it."
That kind of fumy actually lol the Gerry part

Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post

I don't know why this post is not generating any kind of buzz. these types of posts usually get several answers witihn a few hours.

Because:
A) It has been done before several times
B) You, as the OP, were not born at the time, so you have no story of your own to contribute
C) Who cares? Exactly what are any of us supposed to do with the information? Okay, someone posting under a board alias found out when he got home from school that day. Fascinating.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Because:
A) It has been done before several times
B) You, as the OP, were not born at the time, so you have no story of your own to contribute
C) Who cares? Exactly what are any of us supposed to do with the information? Okay, someone posting under a board alias found out when he got home from school that day. Fascinating.
I may not have been born but why does that matter? I would not care if a person who was not born when 9/11 happened ask where I was. I would answer.

I still wondered where where people who were alive at the time were and how they found out. It like Pearl Harbor before and 9/11 later. It one of those 'Where were you at"

I know there were a couple but I created a new one because the last one was a few years old and I didn't wnat to bump a old thread.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
I may not have been born but why does that matter? I would not care if a person who was not born when 9/11 happened ask where I was. I would answer.

I still wondered where where people who were alive at the time were and how they found out. It like Pearl Harbor before and 9/11 later. It one of those 'Where were you at"

I know there were a couple but I created a new one because the last one was a few years old and I didn't wnat to bump a old thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...you-heard.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...assinated.html

I guess we can be thankful it's not a "Who really killed JFK" thread.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...you-heard.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...assinated.html

I guess we can be thankful it's not a "Who really killed JFK" thread.
Yes as I said I know there were a couple but They were a couple years old and I did not want to bump an old thread

Old 03-30-2016, 01:25 PM

147 posts, read 93,349 times
I was somewhere in my dad's nut sack. My mom was born 2 days before and was still in the hospital on the 22nd. My grandma said the hospital was the craziest scene she'd ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History