Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post

Communism is a disease which lies in complete opposition to human nature, the desire of humans to compete against one another to weed out inefficiency and advance a civilization, as well as all forms of individualist, spiritual thought and dignity.

What did Al Pacino say in that film? I kill a Communist for fun? I echo that sentiment.
This is the silliest description of human nature I've ever seen, and it could not possibly be more wrong. Homo sapiens evolved to be a social species, and could not possibly have ever survived without a deep instinct to be cooperative, not competitive, and to structure its organization to take advantage of collective effort dedicated to a community good.

By the way, nobody has ever done a better job of "weeding out inefficiency" than Hitler, with his strongly competitive nature, which you characterize as a perfectly human attribute, the way people are, by nature, supposed to be.

I think there are still Jesse Helms-ite or McCarthy-ite trolls who get up every morning and run a search of the word communism in all the forums on the internet, and when they find the word, they all pile in with their Kill A Commie For Christ hatred and start quoting an Al Pacino character's infinite wisdom to justify their grisly and primitive me-first-because-I'm-strongest terrorism.

You echo the sentiment of people who kill human beings for fun? Don't worry---some day there will be another Hitler, who will be delighted to have you as a recruit.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-23-2010 at 07:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 08:23 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
Wow, what a thread.

Go to Dachau, or Treblinka, or Auschwitz. Some people have apparently no damn clue what the Nazis did. Even that somebody would question the brutality of the Nazis is unbelievable.

NObody has ever killed so many people in such a short time, NObody had done it the same way the Nazis did, NObody has ever been this brutal.

And yes, I've been to the death camps. As a matter of fact, I went to Dachau last week.

That's all I will say about this. Sad to see that some people don't know what's going on or ever happened in history.
Give it a rest.

Yes, no one knows that Jews were killed by German special forces

It's the most beaten to death subject, probably moreso than slavery in the U.S.

No one ever denied or even downplayed the Holocaust here.

And no one has ever been as brutal as the Nazis? In history? Are you ******* serious?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
This is the silliest description of human nature I've ever seen, and it could not possibly be more wrong. Homo sapiens evolved to be a social species, and could not possibly have ever survived without a deep instinct to be cooperative, not competitive, and to structure its organization to take advantage of collective effort dedicated to a community good.

By the way, nobody has ever done a better job of "weeding out inefficiency" than Hitler, with his strongly competitive nature, which you characterize as a perfectly human attribute, the way people are, by nature, supposed to be.

I think there are still Jesse Helms-ite or McCarthy-ite trolls who get up every morning and run a search of the word communism in all the forums on the internet, and when they find the word, they all pile in with their Kill A Commie For Christ hatred and start quoting an Al Pacino character's infinite wisdom to justify their grisly and primitive me-first-because-I'm-strongest terrorism.

You echo the sentiment of people who kill human beings for fun? Don't worry---some day there will be another Hitler, who will be delighted to have you as a recruit.
Yes, cooperation within one's family, town, state, or nation-state. Competition between nations for resources is predestined just as the competition between different animals for survival in an environment, resources, supremacy, etc. is predestined.

Hitler has nothing to do with my discussion of the vile nature of Marxism-Leninism except insofar as he was an anti-Communist. In that ideology, I agree with him. The U.S. actually could have benefited in fighting Marxism on a global scale (as was the inevitable - the Cold War) by maintaining cordial relations with NS Germany and perhaps sharing intelligence. After the war, with Operation Paperclip, many ex-Nazis were rescued by the CIA anyway.

I know you're a pacifist, jtur, so I'm not even going to try to debate that last point with you as you will NEVER agree and I will NEVER agree, I promise you that. I have no sympathy for anything done to a Marxist.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:

I know you're a pacifist, jtur,
I'm not a pacifist at all. I believe the peaceful and cooperative people are justified in fighting to the death to defend themselves from those who are intent on killing for fun and profit and sowing the seeds of hatred for fellow man and the literal principle of killing those who disagree with their poorly thought out and ignorance-based principles.

Quote:
I have no sympathy for anything done to a Marxist.
Oh, we do agree on that. At least until you rethink your syntax. I particularly have no sympathy for anything YOU do to a Marxist.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-23-2010 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-23-2010, 12:39 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
. And I applaud every one of these and the thousands of other known and unknown extrajudicial actions to stave off the godless Red menace and wipe its seed from the Earth.

Like I said, what a screwball.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
Reading is not everybody's strength. You obviously failed to understand any of the posts here. Sad.
Yes, it apparently isn't your strong suit.

I was responding to a part of the post which asserted that what the Nazis did was unparalleled, unprecedented, unequaled in brutality. That's silly propaganda and should be challenged for lack of factual basis.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,426 times
Reluctant

Communist lost on all fronts because, as you stated, it goes against human nature.
But they won in propaganda, you still find dummies in Capitalistic countries defending communism.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Yes, it apparently isn't your strong suit.

I was responding to a part of the post which asserted that what the Nazis did was unparalleled, unprecedented, unequaled in brutality. That's silly propaganda and should be challenged for lack of factual basis.
No one in the history of mankind developed an industrial infrastructure for the sole purpose of annihilating a group of human beings backed by a conceptual framework used to justify such acts.

As appallingly evil as Mao or Stalin were the conscious decision to murder on the scale of the Nazis is factual unprecedented.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:04 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Communists fer sure were worse. Nazis were able to increase production and scientific research. Communism basically killed it.

They both are equal in terms of killing people for an ideology, although Commies killed far more in sheer numbers. You also couldn't predict if you would be safe under a commie regime so everyone is pretty much threatened.

Nazis didn't stay around for too long. Definitely it is much less a threat.

Both targeted people of certain groups. The Nazis just made their criteria race or perceived inferiority. But the Commie criteria is not any more illogical. If you were educated/rich/perceived superior, you were screwed. People in commie countries were mostly of the same race, so there was no race card to play. However, under communism there were minority subgroups within a larger ethnic group who were definitely targeted based on nothing more than their origin. Though because the people kinda all looked similar, it wasn't as striking as Jews Vs. Aryans. I see no real difference between the way that any authoritarian govt treats minorities. Nazis weren't a special case.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:32 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,559 times
Funny how when people start topics like this they always want to leave the "God Ol' US of A" out of it. I guess slavery and the 500 years of terrorism that blacks endured benefited us in the long run. The estimated 20+ million lost in en route to the slave trade, lynchings, and mental anguish was all to bring blacks out of the "jungles" and into the civilized world.

Similarly, I guess the Native Americans should be happy that they were driven off of their land, hit with biological warfare (smallpox-infected blankets and other material), and driven to near extinction. If it weren't for "Americans", Indians would still be unproductive and living in harmony with nature instead of doing something really productive with their lives... like gambling and taking part in American capitalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony...ynching_victim)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History