Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I really wish you people would stop talking about giving the SW US back to Mexico. It's not funny, even as a joke
But it's inevitable. When recent Mexican immigrants and their offspring make up half the population of the Southwestern states I guarantee you they are going to find some way to force a referendum.

What they can't do with bombs and bullets, they are doing with their babies. They can't beat us on the battlefield so they will outbreed us and beat us at the ballot box. Every Mexican student is taught from day 1 of their education that the Southwestern states are Mexican soil occupied by the United States, and that they have a duty to liberate "their land".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
. Every Mexican student is taught from day 1 of their education that the Southwestern states are Mexican soil occupied by the United States, and that they have a duty to liberate "their land".
There is a joke which sums the situation nicely. A Mexican was in a bar, and he complained to the American next to him..."Not only did you steal half of our country, you stole the half which has all the good roads and wealthy cities."

Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The salient fact is that if your country takes over another one, or a part of one, by any means, it's yours until somebody takes it away from you. This has always been the case, and still is. Alaska is ours, until somebody takes it away.
As a fellow Texan, you know we like to say it this way in the Lone Star State:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/images/7fa4e5f914fe7e29542c1f87a99d4aec.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
But it's inevitable. When recent Mexican immigrants and their offspring make up half the population of the Southwestern states I guarantee you they are going to find some way to force a referendum.
It is not inevitable and is not going to happen. There would be an all out civil war, white vs. brown, if ever such a thing was seriously attempted. The La Raza, MEChA, Reconquista, Atzlan radicals make a lot of noise about becoming part of Mexico, but they are a minority, although their threats should be taken seriously, as they could inflict some major damage in any uprising. The vast majority of Latinos/Hispanics in the USA want no part of becoming part of another country. Lots and lots of posts on the illegal immigration forum on this topic.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:

What they can't do with bombs and bullets, they are doing with their babies. They can't beat us on the battlefield so they will outbreed us and beat us at the ballot box. Every Mexican student is taught from day 1 of their education that the Southwestern states are Mexican soil occupied by the United States, and that they have a duty to liberate "their land".
Over. My. Dead. Mother****ing. Body.

They'll have to take this ranch from me

Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
As Paul McCartney used to sing:

Give Ireland back to the Irish
Give Lapland back to the Laps
Give China back to the Chinese
And Yoko back to the Japs

Old 02-19-2011, 02:13 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:

Excuse me, but I don't think any sane Mexican immigrant would vote to join a failed, violent political cesspool that is Mexico. However, I would have no problem with a secession referendum to separate from a floundering & economically collapsed United States and reorganizing the Republic of Texas....if it came to that.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:12 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,597,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
As Paul McCartney used to sing:

Give Ireland back to the Irish
Give Lapland back to the Laps
Give China back to the Chinese
And Yoko back to the Japs
Actually it was John Lennon who wrote and sang that song, with Yoko screeching in the background.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Excuse me, but I don't think any sane Mexican immigrant would vote to join a failed, violent political cesspool that is Mexico. However, I would have no problem with a secession referendum to separate from a floundering & economically collapsed United States and reorganizing the Republic of Texas....if it came to that.
If it really came to that I have a feeling New Mexico and Arizona would want to join onto TX as well..

Old 02-19-2011, 04:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Come and get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History