Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Regardless, 2 wrongs don't make a right. there are people I KNOW are guilty of evil things done to me personally, yet I don't go trying to get vengenance.
Just because some Jewish people "may" have been involved in 1932...doesn't give anyone (individual or country) the right to take revenge against a whole group of innocent people. If that was really Hitler's reason (which I doubt it was his only one) then he's guilty of being childish on top of everything else.
The human race should be so much better than that.
I don't think anyone is supporting Hitler's treatment towards the Jews. I bet we can all agree that a million jews were mercilessly killed, but that's not the point.

When discussing the hatred towards Jews, people should be allowed to freely post their opinions about what the Jews may have done, with sources to back up, freely as in not be attacked immediately and in knee jerk fashion by the adorers/lovers/fans of the Jewish race/religion whatever....

Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
When discussing the hatred towards Jews, people should be allowed to freely post their opinions about what the Jews may have done, with sources to back up, freely as in not be attacked immediately and in knee jerk fashion by the adorers/lovers/fans of the Jewish race/religion whatever....
But you aren't posting opinions about what THE JEWS may or may not have done, you are posting selected examples of the behavior of some Jews. Had your instinct been to confine yourself to identifying and complaining about individuals who happened to be Jews, then perhaps people would not suspect some ugly agenda behind your attraction to the subject. That wasn't your instinct though, instead you have consistently employed "the Jews" in a manner which suggests some collective guilt for bad behavior by any Jew.

You are indeed free to present whatever information you want, and the members of this board are free to draw conclusions about your motives based on what we are seeing.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
But you aren't posting opinions about what THE JEWS may or may not have done, you are posting selected examples of the behavior of some Jews. Had your instinct been to confine yourself to identifying and complaining about individuals who happened to be Jews, then perhaps people would not suspect some ugly agenda behind your attraction to the subject. That wasn't your instinct though, instead you have consistently employed "the Jews" in a manner which suggests some collective guilt for bad behavior by any Jew.

You are indeed free to present whatever information you want, and the members of this board are free to draw conclusions about your motives based on what we are seeing.
An example to the knee jerk reaction from the posse, an insinuation that there is some sinister attraction to the subject. Well, I guess I'm sorry I'm not sorry I don't share the adoration syndrome to any particular group or ethnicity

Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
What "posse" do you reference? The huge posse of people who think that the Holocaust was wrong? That exclusive "posse" would be called "sane human beings"

Old 07-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
An example to the knee jerk reaction from the posse, an insinuation that there is some sinister attraction to the subject. Well, I guess I'm sorry I'm not sorry I don't share the adoration syndrome to any particular group or ethnicity
That is precisely the sort of evasive response that is in keeping with your tone throughout this thread. Someone questions your motives, you don't explain yourself, you attack the questioner.

What exactly is supposed to be "knee jerk" about any of my observations? Any portion of them untrue? Have you not been guilty of the behavior I identified? Perhaps if I made my presentation more evidence based. The following are all taken from your posts:

Quote:
post their opinions about what the Jews may have done,
Quote:
Jewish folks and their adorers are adept at that mechanism
Quote:
The Jews were the single most constant pain in the bum
I charged you with making collective references to all Jews when the evidence you have produced was specific to some Jews.

Have you a response to that which doesn't involve you claiming that the problem isn't that you did this, but that I pointed it out? Are you utterly unwilling to stop and examine your own thoughts about this? To ask yourself why it seems important to you to try and blame the victims of a crime for the crime?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
That is precisely the sort of evasive response that is in keeping with your tone throughout this thread. Someone questions your motives, you don't explain yourself, you attack the questioner.

What exactly is supposed to be "knee jerk" about any of my observations? Any portion of them untrue? Have you not been guilty of the behavior I identified? Perhaps if I made my presentation more evidence based. The following are all taken from your posts:

I charged you with making collective references to all Jews when the evidence you have produced was specific to some Jews.

Have you a response to that which doesn't involve you claiming that the problem isn't that you did this, but that I pointed it out? Are you utterly unwilling to stop and examine your own thoughts about this? To ask yourself why it seems important to you to try and blame the victims of a crime for the crime?
If anything, you do have my admiration for being the wind up merchant that you are trying to be. So I'll give you the illusion that you do have a point and you are just running away with it

Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What "posse" do you reference? The huge posse of people who think that the Holocaust was wrong? That exclusive "posse" would be called "sane human beings"
I bet everyone agrees that the Holocaust was wrong. Some of us just don't obsess or romance over it like it was some Arthurian legend to be told to posterity over and over, or use the catastrophe of six million Jews to steal land from six million Palestinians.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Actually 11 million people were killed in the Holocaust. Six million were Jews. The remainder were Roma people (Gypsies) Intellectuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Homosexuals, Slavic people and people who were disabled.

Who waxes Romantic about the Holocaust? Why does interest in this awful, and relatively recent event annoy you and others?

It MUST be told over and over again because of it's monstrosity, calculation, and brutality. Then General Eisenhower predicted that people in the future would not believe that it occurred.He was right.

Most people who do not like hearing about it have an axe to grind - and in my experience, it is almost always with the Jews.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
If anything, you do have my admiration for being the wind up merchant that you are trying to be. So I'll give you the illusion that you do have a point and you are just running away with it
The second consecutive time you have ducked the questions and hidden behind a personality attack rather than attempt to address it. That is the correct formula for never learning a thing, if that is indeed your ambition.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Actually 11 million people were killed in the Holocaust. Six million were Jews. The remainder were Roma people (Gypsies) Intellectuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Homosexuals, Slavic people and people who were disabled.

Who waxes Romantic about the Holocaust? Why does interest in this awful, and relatively recent event annoy you and others?

It MUST be told over and over again because of it's monstrosity, calculation, and brutality. Then General Eisenhower predicted that people in the future would not believe that it occurred.He was right.

Most people who do not like hearing about it have an axe to grind - and in my experience, it is almost always with the Jews.
Sheena, pointing out the excesses of holocaust lore, literature and poetry and "not liking to hear about it" are two different things. I'm sure you know the differences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History