Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 PM

32 posts, read 79,989 times

Advertisements

I have you ever look at the map of United States from North to south, if you do you can tell this country is like two nations in one country. An example comapare Minnesota to Lousiana anybody that sees the map will understand what am saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey666 View Post
I have you ever look at the map of United States from North to south, if you do you can tell this country is like two nations in one country. An example comapare Minnesota to Lousiana anybody that sees the map will understand what am saying
Another reason I choose Minnesota and Louisana as a comparison is both state lies in the center of the country

Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
We are 50 "nations" so to speak in one country, hence the united STATES....louisiana is on the gulf coast by the way, not the center.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Maybe you should go and visit some other countries that are geographically extensive, and even some small ones.

What do you think you would notice if you flew from Belem, Brazil, to Porto Alegre? Kashmir, India, to Madras? Harbin, China, to Hainan Island? Arica, Chile, to Puntarenas? Perth, Australia, to Tasmania? Chihuahua, Mexico, to Cancun? Odessa, Russia, to Vladivostok? Even Munich, Germany to Bremen, or Milan, Italy, to Sicily.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times
Quote:
Maybe so BUT look at every other nation we've ever had to fight. We might be a hand with fingers in different directions, BUT go to war and that hand becomes a very hard fist!!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
What's the point? The United States is a large country both in terms of land area and population. Within that expanse there is an incredible amount of diversity. If you wanted to get nitpicky, the country could easily be broken down into several "nations" based on geography and size. Heck, California alone would be a major nation in its own right.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,064 times
Two nations in a country, that actually describes us, in Belgium .
The only way I would might say there are two nations in the U.S. is when it comes to politics: the Republican Nation and the Democratic Nation .

Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
The only way I would might say there are two nations in the U.S. is when it comes to politics: the Republican Nation and the Democratic Nation .
For sure.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Yes but those two can form a government unlike you Flemings and Walloons.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Hello, I don't think you guys knowa what am trying to say, What am saying is this, this country has a lot of different cultural areas. The two most distinct states that has two cultural areas or that has been influnce by two largest cultural areas in this country are known Minnesota and Louisana. Minnesota= Puritan, Louisana= Cavalier. For some poster who said I should go to other countries I don't think he/she knows what he/she is talking about. Two Nation in one Nation refers to two different way of life that is different form the other state. In addition, 50 states does not mean 50 different countries, 4 different cultural areas means four different countries in United States. As I said earlier, Minnesota and the state of Louisana have few influnece of outsider coming in. Also, if you travel from the east coast in Northern tier and west coast in Northern tier you will find the State of Minnesota and the same applies to Louisana travelling in southern tier of United States both East Coast and West Coast, you will see both of these state are between the End of Eastern States and the beginning of the Western States. These two also at the end of United States. I choose Louisana and Minnesota. You could check Albion seed, The Cousin War and other books that talk about America regionalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History