Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:34 AM

18 posts, read 14,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
A ridiculous assertion on your part. The Arab world was a totally corrupt basketcase before the United States became a world power. It was that way before the British empire. It has been that way for centuries.

What's more you inadvertently made my case for me. Let's assume for the sake of argument that your lame 'bribe and payoff' argument is correct (Which I think is not--it's just more of the 'blame others' mentality that seems to infest the Arab world). Would any European or North American country be susceptible to such influences for so long? Would any European or North American country have a population that would stand for it for any length of time?

Nope. The Arab world is societally corrupt and has been that way for a long time.
I'm not responding further to such blatant hate and racism cpg. I suppose the Nazi's could have made the same argument: i.e., that it was only possible to herd Jews into concentration camps because of backwardness, corruption and weakness on their part.

Your posts reflect hate, racism and idiocy cpg and I would be having any further dialogue with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibasher View Post
I'm not responding further to such blatant hate and racism cpg. I suppose the Nazi's could have made the same argument: i.e., that it was only possible to herd Jews into concentration camps because of backwardness, corruption and weakness on their part.

Your posts reflect hate, racism and idiocy cpg and I would be having any further dialogue with you.
Good lord. One ridiculous post after another. Let me enlighten you: Racism has nothing to do with a critique of a society. My criticism is about the social fabric of Arab society, from its politics to its priorities to everything in between. Put Arabs in American society and they do quite well, but leave them in Arab countries and they simply live lives of poverty and despair. And it will remain that way until the Arab world begins to embrace basic ideals that lead to a more prosperous and stable society.

And the only reason you're not having further conversations with me is because you know you have nothing left to argue with, except a few ad hominem comments. Or maybe a truck bomb. After all, that's how you guys roll when you run out of ideas.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
This could fall into a number of categories, but figured history buffs would understand more. So why is the quality of life in Israel better than most (of the world also) even though it is in a bad neighborhood with neighbors trying to destory them at every turn?
Well most Arab nations dont prosper due to the level of curruption and type of government. However an few Arab nations are very wealthy such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Baharan, United Arab Emerates, Qutar and Oman.

In November 2010, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) listed Oman as the most-improved nation over the last 40 years from among 135 countries worldwide.[8] According to international indices, Oman is one of the most developed and stable countries in the region.[9] The Sultan of Oman, who studied in London, aimed to transform his country for the better, based on his experiences in Britain.

Oman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-27-2011, 05:03 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
The problem of Israel is that the land is not THEIRS and they are in a VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD. They are the last European attempt to colonize a territory in the Near East, North Africa, etc, and it will fail.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
The problem of Israel is that the land is not THEIRS and they are in a VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD. They are the last European attempt to colonize a territory in the Near East, North Africa, etc, and it will fail.
Not true.

The native and indigenous population of the land are Jews. Before it was called "Palestine" it was called "Judea" and before that it was called "Judah and Israel."

It is not a European colony.

The Arab world helped create Israel by either expelling their own Jewish populations or making things so intolerable for Jews to live in their countries that there was a vast Jewish exodus from countries like Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and several non Arab countries like Ethiopia and India as well.

As far as failure, I've heard these dire predictions for 50 years now. The fact is, Israel is a country with one of the highest standards of living, best educational systems, superior healthcare infrastructure, in the world.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:53 PM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
Ever heard of the Canaanites? They were the people living in Palestina when Jews arrived.
You can't pretend that modern Jews are indigenous of Palestina since they well expelled 2000 years ago.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:59 PM

There are no modern day Cana'anites in the world today, just as there are no Moabites or Edomites or Phoenicians.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Ever heard of the Canaanites? They were the people living in Palestina when Jews arrived.
You can't pretend that modern Jews are indigenous of Palestina since they well expelled 2000 years ago.
Oh, Jeez. Well, I guess then you'll be lobbying for the rights of the Toltecs who were conquered by the Mayans next.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:56 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Not true.

The native and indigenous population of the land are Jews. Before it was called "Palestine" it was called "Judea" and before that it was called "Judah and Israel."

It is not a European colony.
Remember that accordin to the Khazar theory 90% of modern Israeli Jews aren't real jews but Khazar (Askenazi) who converted to Judaism so they actually couldn't claim to be Jews nor that piece of land, they should rather come back to Ukraine, Southern Russia and Northern Caucaus, that imho are way more fertile lands so they would profit from the trade off

Old 08-27-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
Remember that accordin to the Khazar theory 90% of modern Israeli Jews aren't real jews but Khazar (Askenazi) who converted to Judaism so they actually couldn't claim to be Jews nor that piece of land, they should rather come back to Ukraine, Southern Russia and Northern Caucaus, that imho are way more fertile lands so they would profit from the trade off
Nonsense.

Rubbish.

Pure anti-Jewish propaganda.

This bogus "Khazar" theory is the favorite ruse of Anti-Semites and Neo-Nazis as an attempt to 'de-legitimize' the history, culture, ethnicity, heritage, and religion of the Jewish people.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "FAKE JEW."

There was a tribe of people who converted to Judaism called Khazars, but they were a small and not very significant group of people. With the fall of Khazaria some of them did intermarry with established Jewish populations in eastern Europe and western Asia.

What about the other major populations of Jews such as the Sephardic and Mizrahi branches; and the numerous smaller more isolated branches such as the Cochin Jews, the Felashim and other Ethiopian Jews, the Romaniot Jews of Epirus and Albania, the Bene Israel, and so on? What did they have to do with Khazaria?

The bogus theory that modern day Jews are not descended from the Israelites of ancient times has been put to rest with the study of genetics, genomes, and haplogroups. Nearly all Jews today genetically belong to Haplotype J-1, which can be traced to the ancient "holy land". There's a lot of information on the genetics of Y-Chromosonal "Aaron" and haplogroup J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History