Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:38 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

I think that the poster on here Tony T has about answered everything i ever wanted to know about Germany and WW2 over the last several years on here. That being said i've always been infactuated with the German Armed Forces High Command staff generals of the OKW and Army staff generals of the OKH and their day to day interactions with Hitler and other nazi apparatus 1939-45. Hmm ... maybe an day to day account of their diaries all published in a book as an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,813 times
Who really caused the war as the first topic. If one spends time studying the subject you will find that it wasn't Hitler but a conspiracy between Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
Who really caused the war as the first topic. If one spends time studying the subject you will find that it wasn't Hitler but a conspiracy between Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin.
Here we go again. Surely there is already some sort of conspiracy book devoted to this conspiracy theory?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:01 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I would like to see more study and published papers on how the right wing in all of the allied countries helped and enabled the Nazis to build the military machine they did. Here in Canada and the UK it pretty much ended in 39 with the onset of hostilities but in the USA it continued till Dec. 41 and there were still many corporate connections through the war.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
One of whom, Churchill, wasn't even part of the British government in the lead up to the war and was only appointed to a cabinet post after war had been declared. Man, the Churchill guy had some serious power, especially considering he wasn't even the first choice to replace Chamberlain when he was appointed Prime Minister 8 months into the war.

You love to spew this theory out in every WW2 thread, but you have yet to explain your logic and how you came to this conclusion, I'd love to hear it? Does it involve Aryans from Atlantis destined to rule the lesser people of the world and invent a new and better race?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times
I have read a bit about the Moroccan Goums who fought under France for operations involving mountain combat.

I'm curious if local North African troops were involved in desert combat missions as well.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:53 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Ignoring the crackpot that doesn't even know about Churchills role and history.....

1) More about the wrap-up of the war focusing on how the US violated a lot of agreements with the soviets to round up rocketry experts whom hid from the russians while cutting a deal with the americans.

2) Japan's involvment in Korea and other countries prior to 1942.

3) More information about Japanese homeland and plight of sailors etc. during the latter parts of the war. They didn't recover thier sailors like we did and were known not to surrender so leaving them to float in the water wasn't uncommon. Wondering if they had a number of events like the Indianapolis. (Like ramree island)

Old 11-29-2011, 02:14 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
An in-depth analysis of Shiro Ishii and unit 731:

We get a fairly constant stream of material concerning Mengele and the human experimentation of Germany. We hear relatively little about the horrendous medical, biological, and chemical experiments carried out by the Japanese during the war.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
An in-depth analysis of Shiro Ishii and unit 731:

We get a fairly constant stream of material concerning Mengele and the human experimentation of Germany. We hear relatively little about the horrendous medical, biological, and chemical experiments carried out by the Japanese during the war.
I found 4+ books on this on Amazon with an easy search. I knew they existed because I'd used one for some source material for an article I wrote on the subject. What did you find wrong with the existing books?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I have read a bit about the Moroccan Goums who fought under France for operations involving mountain combat.

I'm curious if local North African troops were involved in desert combat missions as well.
What you run into there is that most Maghreb natives were either in the Vichy army or the Free French army. I haven't dug into the FF OB at Bir Hacheim, but it would shock me greatly if it didn't include some Maghreb units, because by the time they were in Italy in corps strength, most of the Gaullistes were Maghreb. Offhand I recall in Italy two Moroccan and one Algerian division, plus four regiments or brigades of Tabours, mountain light infantry (may mean the same as Goumiers, I never learned the precise distinction if any). I think there was one ethnically French brigade in Italy. Certainly much of the Vichy army in the Maghreb was either French colonials or Maghreb units, Tirailleurs Tunisiens and the like. So while I do not know specific examples, it seems to me that there must have been participation from those units (the FF versions) in the Western Desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History