Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well good for him, he might not have been too much off in those "great theories" of his.
After all Stalin was a mid-wife at the birth of Israel, so he couldn't have been all that anti-Semitic.
I didn't say Stalin wasn't anti-semitic.

What I did say is that Hitler saw Stalin as the leader of a vast Jewish conspiracy, so the notion that Hitler "admired Stalin for his anti-semitism" simply does not make sense.

Is that clear? If not, you could always try simply reading what I wrote the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I didn't say Stalin wasn't anti-semitic.

What I did say is that Hitler saw Stalin as the leader of a vast Jewish conspiracy, so the notion that Hitler "admired Stalin for his anti-semitism" simply does not make sense.

Is that clear? If not, you could always try simply reading what I wrote the first time.
There was no contradiction in what I've said.
"Stalin was not all that anti-semitic," meaning depending on circumstances, his attitude and perceptions about Jews were changing.
That's why for me the notion that Hitler "admired Stalin for his anti-semitism" didn't make sense either.
So nothing to worry about - I understood what you were saying first time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History