Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:44 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You are wrong. My mother's second husband had been a US serviceman in Germany. He eventually married a woman who was in the breeding camp. She had a son as a result of that program who is now in this country. People involved in that horror really don't speak of it much, but it was real.
I think it was called the Liebesborn." I am sure that they wee all dead serous. And no pun intended.

To quibble about weather or not Hitler was "Aryan" or not, requires that one accept that there is an "Aryan" race. There is not. It was so much Nazi poppycock and a construct of the Nazi party.

What I have always wondered about is Hitler's hatred of Slavs. Most Slavic people look more German than do Italian. But who can understand a madman?

I know he was a fan of the brutality of ancient Rome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,921,623 times
Hitler did not seem so consistent with his racial policies, nor did his subordinates.

I remember hearing somewhere about a book called Hitler's Jewish Soldiers. I have not read it, but apparently, he made some exceptions and signed those orders himself, and had many a jewish soldier in his Heer.

Hitler's Jewish Soldiers

The Nazi's also apparently took a liking to the Nationalist in China. Enough, so to take in the adopted son of Chiang Kai Shek and train him to be an elite alpine soldier

Sino-German cooperation until 1941 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chiang Wei-kuo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a bit off topic, but I figured this is the perfect chance to get this in somewhere, and hear what your thoughts on it are.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,231,390 times
It's interesting, but it does not make me think of the Nazi's as a more tolerant bunch. I'm sure it all would have been ironed out had the Final Solution been implemented to it's fullest extent.

The first guy looks rather terrified. I mean consider the alternative.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Hitler did not seem so consistent with his racial policies, nor did his subordinates.

I remember hearing somewhere about a book called Hitler's Jewish Soldiers. I have not read it, but apparently, he made some exceptions and signed those orders himself, and had many a jewish soldier in his Heer.

Hitler's Jewish Soldiers

The Nazi's also apparently took a liking to the Nationalist in China. Enough, so to take in the adopted son of Chiang Kai Shek and train him to be an elite alpine soldier

Sino-German cooperation until 1941 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chiang Wei-kuo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a bit off topic, but I figured this is the perfect chance to get this in somewhere, and hear what your thoughts on it are.
The Weirmach was old line Prussian run. Be sure the officers would be Prussian or close, because that was how it had always been. And the biggest danger to Hitler from assination came from the old line military. Part of the motivation of the Valkary plot was to end the racial policy because those involved understood just what would come of it and how Germany would pay. And I'm sure they would have been willing to take on as much cannon fodder as they could. The ordinary soldier only had to fight and maybe die and obey the orders given to be of proper use. And I'm sure, especially for 'partial jews' that given the choice of the army or a work to death camp, it would be simple. It's interesting that in Berlin, there was a group of families where jews had married into german families. They were sufficently prominent that they were given a pass for much longer than anyone else. When it came to the time when they were to be taken away, the families they'd married into surrounded them and forced the issue, right in the middle of Berlin. If they took away the jews, they would have to take the prominent Germans too. It would be quite public. It would be impossible to hide. The SS backed off. At the end of the war, having been shunted out of sight, they were still alive. This was a lone example of support in a sea of those who drank the coolaid, but its hardly surprising that those who could, with enough authority, would have tried.

This hardly makes the reality for most any less horrible.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,685,867 times
MS St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why were we so hostile towards jewish immigration in USA and canada? It would have saved many lives.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:17 AM

497 posts, read 1,429,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
A bad disciple of Mussolini? Ingrained cultural inferiority complex in relation with italians? You make me laugh. Hitler had neither.

He was a disciple of Mussolini, he copied the Fascist Mouvement. Hitler spent millions in archeological sites trying to find an ancient Aryan civilization, but after finding nothing, he told archeologists to stop. He said..."we are going to look ridiculous showing four runes to Italians".

Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM

497 posts, read 1,429,791 times
[quote=goldengrain;24500860]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
But he had active breeding programs, just to produce these super men. Why waste resources on that? Why only select what he thought were the creme de la creme of people with Aryan genes? He had a war to fight. If they were just breeding for an army they would have selected differently, at least.

No, I think he truly believed the crap.

Let's put it bluntly. Hitler was CRAZY. Had he been a sound man, he would have won the war.

Hitler was an unemployed war veteran that became a crackpot hobo.

Nazism is a crackpotish esoterical ideology that believes in extremely idiotic and weird things....The ferment of the Weimar Republick, Esoterism.

So one day Hitler sent climbers to Tibet, the other archeologists to Spain to search the Holy Grial, researchers that councluded that Brahmin Indians were Aryan.....Nazis believed in a Jewish State......

Concluding, Mussolini (and Franco) believed that Hitler was as mad as a hatter, and they knew he could bring about their destruction 3 to 4 years or more before the end of the war..

So Hitler had the Lebesborn..he also trained Jewish kommandos and asked Von Braun to build a rocket to reach the stars....

Concluding, all Fascist leaders in Europe called Hitler "The madman at Berlin", they knew as early as 1940 that he was going to loose the war.

Hitler was a rabid maniac, some sort of Von Daniken but dangerous, a "pre-ecological crackpot", and esoteric and criminally insane man, nothing else.

Why people followed him? Because people follow anybody and believe anything when they are desperate. Hitler was a modern version of Peter the Hermit, another crazed man that drove millions to their death screaming "Deu lo volt".

Hitler had no race, no nation, no real father, he did not believe in anything, he just wanted power, a roof and the admiration of freikorpers...and some rich industrialists thought they could use him, they were wrong.

Last edited by cojoncillo; 06-26-2012 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
[quote=cojoncillo;24910186]
Quote:

Let's put it bluntly. Hitler was CRAZY. Had he been a sound man, he would have won the war.

Hitler was an unemployed war veteran that became a crackpot hobo.

Nazism is a crackpotish esoterical ideology that believes in extremely idiotic and weird things....The ferment of the Weimar Republick, Esoterism.

So one day Hitler sent climbers to Tibet, the other archeologists to Spain to search the Holy Grial, researchers that councluded that Brahmin Indians were Aryan.....Nazis believed in a Jewish State......

Concluding, Mussolini (and Franco) believed that Hitler was as mad as a hatter, and they knew he could bring about their destruction 3 to 4 years or more before the end of the war..

So Hitler had the Lebesborn..he also trained Jewish kommandos and asked Von Braun to build a rocket to reach the stars....

Concluding, all Fascist leaders in Europe called Hitler "The madman at Berlin", they knew as early as 1940 that he was going to loose the war.

Hitler was a rabid maniac, some sort of Von Daniken but dangerous, a "pre-ecological crackpot", and esoteric and criminally insane man, nothing else.

Why people followed him? Because people follow anybody and believe anything when they are desperate. Hitler was a modern version of Peter the Hermit, another crazed man that drove millions to their death screaming "Deu lo volt".

Hitler had no race, no nation, no real father, he did not believe in anything, he just wanted power, a roof and the admiration of freikorpers...and some rich industrialists thought they could use him, they were wrong.
Yes. Desperate people do desperate things.
I think, initially, Hitler was saying things that much of the public were saying, anyway. There are always resentments and gossip and strange beliefs in a population. But these people were starving and needy and he offered them some hope and approval.

I think he became progressively degraded mentally as time went on. This is when, I think, people surrounding him started to wonder how to be rid of him. They had created a monster.

Wasn't he taking drugs for some condition?

At the end he was having astrologers making military decisions.

The term 'Aryan' I have heard, corresponds to early people who migrated and having a certain, same, root language.

Actually, why stop at the period in which we had Aryans? I mean, if you trace their ancestry, they originally came from Africa, no? So we are all Africans.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:45 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,484,712 times
Hitler liked anybody who agreed with him. Especially when they wave Nazi flags, adore Hitler, and can't wait to put on a Nazi uniform.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,798,848 times
Quote:
Did the Japanese and Italians not take Hitler seriously - I mean concerning his racial policies? He was weeding out non-Aryans amongst his own people, separating those who had 'so much' non-Aryan genetics in them.

Didn't the Italians know that he would do the same to them, too, if he won the war. Wouldn't the Japanese believe he would turn on them, as well?

Why did the Italians and Japanese think siding with Hitler was a good idea?
For an answer to your question about the Japanese and the Third Reich (well, and the West and the Third Reich; as well as the East and the Third Reich; and the Holocaust in general), I'd suggest reading Saul Friendlander's tome The Years of Extermination: Nazi German and the Jews, 1939-1945.

One of his central theses in the book is that the West tacitly supported the Holocaust (and the East, along with the French, overwhelmingly supported the Nazi's reign of terror in the early years of the war).

He does bring up one interesting anecdote, that I believe took place in 1940 or 1941 in which a Japanese diplomat went against his own government's orders and against Germany's and distributed hundreds of exit visas to Jews who could afford to leave the country shortly after the final solution began thus providing them with safe passage to the Far East. The Japanese diplomat survived the war and left documents that clearly demonstrate what Friedlander called a stunning display of compassion without regard for one's own safety.

The anecdote is interesting in Friendlander's book because he had already demonstrated FDR's reluctance to get involved in the war despite the fact that the Nazis had already sunk several U.S. merchant ships in addition to a U.S. destroyer (and failed to offer an apology). So FDR eschewed the pretext for war (according to Friedlander) and ignored the Jews' peril despite him fully knowing what the Nazis were up to in regard to the Holocaust.

I think from a military alliance standpoint the Japanese government supported Hitler and the Reich, but certain individuals is a different story altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History