Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on '9/11 truth'?
I believe wholeheartedly that the government is being 100% honest with us 7 12.07%
There was some incompetence but most of what we're told is true 31 53.45%
I am not really sure, I think it's quite possible there is a conspiratorial element to 9/11 10 17.24%
I believe 9/11 was basically an 'inside job' 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,180,478 times

Advertisements

Personally I'm undecided. I think Loose Change has a lot of lies and misunderstandings in it but at the same time I find a lot of what we are told about September 11 very weird and suspicious. I think there is probably some pretty disturbing truths about that day that the general public isn't aware of.

The truth is somewhere in between IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 06:42 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
The day the US Air Force decided to sleep in a little late?

Yeah, the official story has an awful lot of bogus to it, and some parts are clearly lies.

That does not make anyone else's version fully true or complete, but it does appear their are a fair amount of lies in the Just So story line.

Dunno what the truth is, but I am pretty sure we are being lied to.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:23 AM

19 posts, read 52,379 times
I think we're being lied to like usual, but not to the extent of it being an inside job. But there will always be conspiracies no matter what topic it is involving government.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
W. Bush wanted a war with Iraq at any cost.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Personally I'm undecided. I think Loose Change has a lot of lies and misunderstandings in it but at the same time I find a lot of what we are told about September 11 very weird and suspicious. I think there is probably some pretty disturbing truths about that day that the general public isn't aware of.

There is a conspiracy, of course. It's common knowledge that the CIA "made" bin laden and the Mujahadeen/Taliban in the first place; they are all interconnected in a web of crooked funny business.

You'd have to be a drooling idiot (though there's a conspiracy to make lots of those too ) to believe it was all just religious nut cases who simply hate us and the American way.

But nevertheless, real Islamic fundies flew real planes into real buildings and lots of people died. The more crazy claims of truther's are encouraged to get the masses to blow off ALL the conspiracy, including the true parts... like that America needed to forment a new "Pearl Harbor" to push changes that would in turn allow new bigger things to happen, like conquring the Middle East and controlling it's resources before our real competition (China and Russia) can.

So far we've nearly accomplished the main goal; Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Iran, and Egypt have been or are in various stages of being conquered though both conventional and VERY unconventional warfare... and all in ways that would have been impossible in a pre 9-11 world. It will be quite the history lesson when it's all done.

Last edited by Chango; 06-12-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
We really need to have a "Conspiracy Theory" forum. Maybe placed between the "Survival for Zombie Apocolypse" forum (also knows as "Self Sufficiency and Preparedness" forum) and the new "Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal" forum. You can discuss the Kennedy assasination, 9/11 conspiracy, Elvis being alive, Men in Black, The Fake Apollo landing, and everything else to your hearts content.

For the record, no I don't beleive 9/11 was caused by George Bush, the CIA, the illuminati, "The Jew", George Soros, UFO's, or any of that...not that it will persuade any of the consipracy nuts living in internet fantasy world.

You also need to learn how to present an unbiased poll "I beleive whole heartedly that the governmen is 100% honest????...." HAHA what kind of loaded question is that. I don't trust the government as far as I can throw, but it has nothing to do with 9/11. The poll should read "I beleive whole heartedly that 9/11 conspiracy theorists are full of crap" should be the answer.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
We really need to have a "Conspiracy Theory" forum. Maybe placed between the "Survival for Zombie Apocolypse" forum (also knows as "Self Sufficiency and Preparedness" forum) and the new "Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal" forum. You can discuss the Kennedy assasination, 9/11 conspiracy, Elvis being alive, Men in Black, The Fake Apollo landing, and everything else to your hearts content.

For the record, no I don't beleive 9/11 was caused by George Bush, the CIA, the illuminati, "The Jew", George Soros, UFO's, or any of that...not that it will persuade any of the consipracy nuts living in internet fantasy world.

You also need to learn how to present an unbiased poll "I beleive whole heartedly that the governmen is 100% honest????...." HAHA what kind of loaded question is that. I don't trust the government as far as I can throw, but it has nothing to do with 9/11. The poll should read "I beleive whole heartedly that 9/11 conspiracy theorists are full of crap" should be the answer.
You point out a major flaw in the CT proponents arguments that makes them suspect from the get-go. They almost always begin their story with the claim that most people believe whatever the government tells them. Well, no. I don't know ANYONE, not a single soul, and never have in all of my 53 years, who believes whatever the government tells them. In fact, the opposite is true--most people are pretty damn suspicious of what the government tells them.

The part specifically about 9/11 and the government is that, well, the government wasn't exactly the all-controlling force on the WTC cleanup and investigation that the CT kids would like you to think they were. They were a presence, but they certainly were in the minority, and there was no way a few hundred FEMA and FBI workers could have controlled the knowledge and activities of the 40,000 other people who were working at the WTC and Fresh Kills. Which brings me to another amusing fact--most of the CT kids don't seem to even know what Fresh Kills was or the details of the operations there.

Ah, but videos, mugs and t-shirts are sold on the conspiracy sites, so in the end, it's just about The American Way!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
The day the US Air Force decided to sleep in a little late?

What did you expect the Air Force to do?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post

You need to work on your poll choices, because they suck.

If you search the internet, you'll find a story from a couple of years ago where two Burger King employees in New Mexico put marihuana on a hamburger and sold it to a cop.

Well, here, I such a nice guy, I'll help you out:

Quote:
Two US police officers have sued Burger King Corp., alleging personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices after they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.

"It gives a whole new meaning to the word Whopper," said the officers' attorney Sam Bregman. "The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."

Burger King sued over marijuana in police officers' burgers - Middle East - World - The Independent

There was more than one Burger King employee involved here. Since legally an agreement between two or more persons to engage jointly in an unlawful or criminal act is a conspiracy, then accordingly we have a conspiracy.

Now I have a multiple choice question for you (and everyone else). The conspiracy to lace hamburgers with marihuana was a conspiracy involving:

1] Burger King employees who acted independently on their own
2] Burger King employees and the restaurant manager
3] Burger King employees, the restaurant manager and the district manager
4] Burger King employees, restaurant manager, district manager and area/regional manager
5] Burger King employees, Management and Board Members
6] Burger King employees, Management, Board Members and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) manager.
7] Burger King employees, Management, Board Members, the CEO, COO, CFO and Burger King stock-holders

The answer is #1: Burger King employees who acted independently on their own.

Is there anyone who cannot grasp the concept?

Now I have a similar question. The 9-11 Conspiracy was a conspiracy involving:

1] Certain Government Employees who acted independently on their own
2] Certain Government Employees and their field managers
3] Certain Government Employees, their field managers and their office managers
4] Certain Government Employees, their field managers, office managers and agency heads or directors
5] Certain Government Employees, Management, Agency Heads and the White House Staff
6] Certain Government Employees, Management, Agency Heads, White House Staff, the President, the Vice-President, and the National Security Director
7] Certain Government Employees, Management, Agency Heads, White House Staff, the President, the Vice-President, the National Security Director and the Cabinet

What is the answer? Again, it's #1: Certain Government Employees who acted independently on their own.

Who cannot grasp the concept? If you can't grasp such a simple concept, perhaps you should start planning and executing conspiracies, or go work for the US government -- any agency will do, so that you can understand the concept.

I could have planned and executed 9-11 with just myself and 5-6 other key people. That's all it would take.

Conspiratorially...

Mircea

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
What did you expect the Air Force to do?
Maybe, just maybe at least protect the Pentagram? It is their own Headquarters, as it were.

Is it really unreasonable to expect the US Military to be competent to defend itself?

Not even talking about them defending US. Can they even take care of themselves?

What if there were a real enemy attack?

Just lay on their backs and play the dying cockroach?

Where and when did we set the standards so low in America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History