U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM

274 posts, read 787,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I agree. Its not like one was morally better than the other.
Even considering the atrocities commited by Bolsheviks and Stalin, the U.S.S.R was morally superior since it was the attacked party. Hitler also committed an act of treason against one ally, the USSR, and a totally demential action since he attacked a nation he did not know the least bit. The information that Nazis had about USSR was planted, fabricated and totally false.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM

14,781 posts, read 37,950,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro View Post
The two-faced eagle had nothing to do with Nazism.
It came from Bizantium and later became the most powerful Heraldic sign in the world, as it represented the union of the Sacred Roman Germanic Empire (Hapsburg) with the Spanish Monarchy, a large chunk of the planet.
It was only posted to show the evolution of the eagle symbol in Germany. Somone intoned that the Nazi's adopted it do to their love of Roman symbols. I was merely illustrating that the use of an eagle as a national symbol had a long tradition in Germany. No, the double-headed eagle was not a Nazi symbol, but it was not as if the Nazi's needed to "reach" to find a source for their eagle.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM

10,570 posts, read 11,371,069 times
Canada was complicate...They would not allow a boat carrying hundreds of Jews to land on Canadian shores..They turned then away- Back in the day our British culture were in part anti-Semites.. Same can be said of America- Where IBM assisted the Germans in the branding and tracking of Jews. I am sure there were many nations that did not help- and by not helping they may as well have been the perpetrators.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM

18,344 posts, read 15,396,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Coerced? While I will grant you the fact that the governments of occupied Europe were at the time puppet regimes but to deny the existence of rabid anti-semitism in Europe, both east and west, is a bit contrary to the historical facts. The Nazis found willing partners throughout occupied Europe with a few exceptions, Bulgaria being one shining example. But that was not the case in Poland, Hungry, the Baltic states, Greece or Yugoslavia.
I came across this picture by accident today.It takes place during the round-up of Jews in Hungary; pay attention at the faces of the onlookers on the right side. As they say, picture is better than thousand words, heh. No wonder that 550,000 Jews out of 825,000 were destroyed in this country alone.

File:Bundesarchiv Bild 101I-680-8285A-26, Budapest, Festnahme von Juden.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 PM

48,508 posts, read 87,702,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
If that is supposed to be some cynical comparison to the swiss connection - it fails. The swiss-nazi connection is well documented, mostly involving financial and trade support. Specifically, Nazi Germany sold gold, plundered and stolen from Jews that died in concentration camps, to Swizerland. Switzerland also restricted jewish emigration from occupied countries, which essentially blocked the easiest route from a jew to seek safety, thus condeming millions to death.
Yep the swiss acknowledged their even selling wealth of jewsih accounts held i ntheir banks not that long ago even after the war.they were amoung the real profiters of the war even takig i the gold teeth extracted form the dead. Mnay netural nations knowling cooperated with the nazi's. Just looking at the mioddle east we see the same nazi supporters today nthe radical muslim movements.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM

389 posts, read 324,881 times
Most occupied Countries had people that assisted the Nazis some above even what the Nazi asked Belgium,Vichy France, The Netherlands among many many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or