Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

[quote=rebel12;25928583][quote=erasure;25928511]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post

Christianity was the source of antisemitism in ancient Egypt, Greece and pre-Christian Rome ? Funny

Very well, then I can put it in easier terms for you - God is a source of hatred towards Jews, how about that?

Quote:
Islam? Again super funny. Nazis did not need any religion: they created their own based mostly on old pagan German myths.
You didn't do you home work, and I don't have time right now to educate you.

Quote:
In your head. You keep on repeating old Communist propaganda cliches over and over again.
But not as many as right-wing American propaganda cliches that you are pushing on this forum)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 04:07 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
This is a fascinating thread - depressing, certainly but fascinating. It is still hard for me to even understand how there are so many who believed this holocaust never happened. Staggering to me that there are those who believe that historians simply have made it up. And, still, to this day, in my opinion, too many leaders / companies / countries disavow any responsibility or their contributions to these horrors.

France, Italy, the Swiss, bavarian countries - Spain - such a long list.

I have not thought of this movie for years - The Odessa File - SS leaders from a myriad of countries, post-war, hiding, yet still proclaiming justification and appropriateness of slaughtering.

Where does such hatred and vile come from -- being different / needing scapegoats / and incredible propaganda to blame.

Semitic means wanderer - antisemitic is to be against wanderers - lots of middle easterners were, way back, wanderers. Why were Jewish 'wanderers' primarily targeted?
'Wanderers' was referenced way back in biblical times --

Although I truly cannot believe that we as a society could / would ever create another holocaust, given the current flavor of bias, fear, prejudice, and peppered brainwashing and propaganda that is on the news these days, I would at least hope not.

We should certainly have learned something by now.

Sorry if I went off topic, a bit. []
Oh, it could come to that again, as we lose rights. We let the media spread panic, and make it easy to brand people as outcasts, with NO EVIDENCE of a crime, then put their names and addresses on public registries, signs in their yards, keep them from being employed, tell them where they can and can't live, etc.
And we all say, "they brought it on themselves"...and I guess their families are included in that too.
We do that now, with certain segments of society and call ourselves "justified"

After all, the general public loves a scapegoat. It was once witches, if I recall...or rather, those ACCUSED of witchcraft

Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
[quote=erasure;25928694][quote=rebel12;25928583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Very well, then I can put it in easier terms for you - God is a source of hatred towards Jews, how about that?
Still no good. Which God? Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and pre-Christian Romans had quite a few...

Why don't you just admit that Christianity did not invent antisemitism?

Quote:
You didn't do you home work, and I don't have time right now to educate you.
I don't need any homework to know what was Nazis attitude towards religiion

Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM

[quote=rebel12;25930042][quote=erasure;25928694]
Quote:

Still no good. Which God? Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and pre-Christian Romans had quite a few...
You really want to get into theology here?

Quote:
Why don't you just admit that Christianity did not invent antisemitism?
Because it would be only half true.

Quote:
I don't need any homework to know what was Nazis attitude towards religiion
You THINK you know, but in reality a lot of your knowledge is half-baked and has a big part of projections.
So one more time - do your homework.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Because it would be only half true.
Why don't you just admit that antisemitism existed in ancient Egypt, Greece and pre-Christian Rome so we can put to rest the theory that antisemitism was created by followers of certain Jewish carpenter?

Quote:
You THINK you know, but in reality a lot of your knowledge is half-baked and has a big part of projections.
So one more time - do your homework.
That's just offensive talk which I noticed is your typical response when you lack arguments.
So what, you still claming Hitler was a fan of Islam?
Did he claime prophet Mohammed was an Aryan? Was Dr. Rosenberg ok with that? ROTFL

Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:

That's just offensive talk which I noticed is your typical response when you lack arguments.
So what, you still claming Hitler was a fan of Islam?
Did he claime prophet Mohammed was an Aryan? Was Dr. Rosenberg ok with that? ROTFL
Rebel I'm sorry, it's not that I'm lacking the arguments, but it's really not all that difficult to find information on Hitler and Islam on the internet, that's why I'm cutting you short.
Just google those two words and here it comes right away;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...says-book.html

Hitler admired Islam

From Al Husseini to Hitler :Radical Islam and the Nazi connection - Pan Arabism to the PA - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

Photos and Documents of Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood

(I am surprised sometimes that you build your assumptions/understanding of many things looking at what's on the surface only, without exploring the issues in all their multi-levelness if I can use this word...)
I'll comment on the rest later.)

Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Rebel I'm sorry, it's not that I'm lacking the arguments, but it's really not all that difficult to find information on Hitler and Islam on the internet, that's why I'm cutting you short.
Just google those two words and here it comes right away;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...says-book.html

Hitler admired Islam

From Al Husseini to Hitler :Radical Islam and the Nazi connection - Pan Arabism to the PA - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

Photos and Documents of Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood

(I am surprised sometimes that you build your assumptions/understanding of many things looking at what's on the surface only, without exploring the issues in all their multi-levelness if I can use this word...)
I'll comment on the rest later.)
You are just to funny Erasure. You find these tidbits on the internet and build your theories based on them.

Hitler courted Muslims whrn he needed them, the same way he courted Stalin before.
Nazi ideology was very spiritual with references to German mythology and then the myth of Aryans. In no way Nazis incorporated any elements of Islam in their ideology. Nazis rejected all religion. I don't think anybody sane would call Hitler a religious man

Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:

In no way Nazis incorporated any elements of Islam in their ideology.

Islam is not race-based.

Ironically, the Nazis had more in common with the ancient Israelites who were race-based.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,420 times
Quote:
And that's why Ashkenazis look different than Sefardic Jews. Still Jews are proud of their lineage going back thousands years back in time... they are still a nation.
Of course they are - just like Americans, Canadians, etc. They just don't share a distinct ethnicity.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,420 times
Quote:
You've read something in wikipedia, while I've read about individual pogroms. My opinion wins

Quote:
Oh really? Pale of Settlement in Russia was bureaucracy too?
Wanna say that Catherine identified Jews by DNA testing?

Quote:
European Jews look for the most part European - just check out the pictures of the WWII.
I've mentioned that too:

Quote:
That's if we accept that ethnic Jews exist - because it's hard to believe, considering that they originated in Central Europe many centuries after being kicked out of the Middle East.

Even if they somehow managed to not marry non-Jews, over such a long period infidelities and rapes would probably destroy their ethnicity anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History