Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

At least George W Bush is a million times better than Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
At least George W Bush is a million times better than Obama.
On what basis?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It's still Carter for me, but Obama's giving him a run for his money.
Update: Obama takes the prize.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM

62 posts, read 113,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Barry Barrack Hussein Sotero Obama The worst president!!! Someone really had to rig the election for him to win even a 2nd term.
Unfortunately, it wasn't rigged. This is how elections will be from now on if the population of "forward-thinking" "liberals" and welfare-dependent scumbags keeps increasing. And it will.

I don't think it will be possible for a Republican to win another election, unless they drastically change their platform. There are just too many minorities and too many people dependent on the government for their paychecks, welfare checks, disability checks, or whatever.

If I had to pick a worst president, it would probably be Andrew Johnson. James Buchanan was pretty bad, but I give him sympathy because he was from Pennsylvania.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,355 times
Barack Obama....but he is merely a reflection of our selfish, self indulgent society. Pretty soon we won't even be relevant...the bible doesn't even address the USA in the end of times.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelcheeper View Post
Unfortunately, it wasn't rigged. This is how elections will be from now on if the population of "forward-thinking" "liberals" and welfare-dependent scumbags keeps increasing. And it will.

I don't think it will be possible for a Republican to win another election, unless they drastically change their platform. There are just too many minorities and too many people dependent on the government for their paychecks, welfare checks, disability checks, or whatever.

If I had to pick a worst president, it would probably be Andrew Johnson. James Buchanan was pretty bad, but I give him sympathy because he was from Pennsylvania.
Correct. If they don't start moderating on social issues they will not gain the presidency. ANd they need to demonstrate how their fiscal platform benefits middle and upper middle class.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM

335 posts, read 334,720 times
The Republicans will walk away with the next election if the economy tanks, as one might expect it to considering the course Obama seems to be taking.

(His salvation, ironically, might take the name of natural gas, which might rescue the economy).

I think the Republicans are going to swing more and more libertarian and less and less tea party. That may be wishful thinking, but I am not a libertarian -- I just want the Republicans to respect women's choice and gay rights.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post

I think the Republicans are going to swing more and more libertarian and less and less tea party. That may be wishful thinking, but I am not a libertarian -- I just want the Republicans to respect women's choice and gay rights.
Such a thing would make the Republican Party a lot more attractive to me, and I would suppose to plenty of others.

However....the GOP has been beaten in the last two presidential elections after nominating a centrist from their party (McCain, Romney) who were not the darlings of the far right and religious fundamentalists. I suspect that next time around the far right will be thinking "We can't win with a moderate, we may as well nominate someone who truly represents our views, is one of us."

Were they to go in a more libertarian direction, they will completely alienate the religious right who advocate a more intrusive and restrictive morality flowing from our government, the opposite of the libertarian "leave us alone" dynamic.

So...who exactly would be the constituency which might get a Republican elected? The libertarians alone clearly aren't enough, their candidates typically draw single digit support at the polls. It would have to be libertarians in alliance with some other major political blocs, and who would they be? They would have already lost the religious right, a primary base, who would replace them?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Naming Obama as the worst President "ever" is engaging in presentism. His second term hasn't even begun yet, wait till he's finished.

Buchanan was the worst President by an enormous margin.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
In my lifetime it was Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History