Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:49 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,065,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There were no black people keeping black people from voting. There were no black people electing legislators who enacted segregation laws. There were no black people putting up "No Colored People Allowed" signs. There were no black people who approved of "Whites Only" establishments. There were no black people in the KKK or lynching black guys for looking "wrong" at white women. There were no black people who volunteered to go to inferior schools in inferior buildings with handed-down textbooks.

No black people did those things. All of the blame lies elsewhere.
Go on right ahead and keep using COLLECTIVE GUILT. And I will continue to view the astronomical murder rate problem and (lack of) safety problem in the inner city as COLLECTIVE PROBLEM that my group has little to do with.

If you think that's "progress"...

Old 01-31-2018, 01:05 PM

14,384 posts, read 14,207,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Go on right ahead and keep using COLLECTIVE GUILT. And I will continue to view the astronomical murder rate problem and (lack of) safety problem in the inner city as COLLECTIVE PROBLEM that my group has little to do with.

If you think that's "progress"...
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of civil rights.

You seem to misunderstand. This isn't a conversation about crime in America or crime within the African American community. Nor, is it a discussion about who is the best chess player in the world.

Since you apparently do not understand that let me remind you. This is a discussion about MLK, the FBI tapes, and the civil rights movement. Of course, anyone who took five seconds to read the thread topic would understand that.

Perhaps, in the future you could read thread topics before engaging in series of rambling, disjointed, and off topic posts.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of civil rights.

You seem to misunderstand. This isn't a conversation about crime in America or crime within the African American community. Nor, is it a discussion about who is the best chess player in the world.

Since you apparently do not understand that let me remind you. This is a discussion about MLK, the FBI tapes, and the civil rights movement. Of course, anyone who took five seconds to read the thread topic would understand that.

Perhaps, in the future you could read thread topics before engaging in series of rambling, disjointed, and off topic posts.

We ARE talking about the CR movement. And we DO have people who like to blame ALL whites for some of this nation's indiscretions of the past.

I'm sick of it. And since we're in a new society where everyone of every stripe has a grievance, I'm going to point out when people (WRONGLY, IMMORALLY) blame ALL whites for the Deep South atrocities.

(By the way, my correlating example flew right over your head...)

Old 01-31-2018, 02:10 PM

14,384 posts, read 14,207,248 times
Quote:
We ARE talking about the CR movement. And we DO have people who like to blame ALL whites for some of this nation's indiscretions of the past.

I'm sick of it. And since we're in a new society where everyone of every stripe has a grievance, I'm going to point out when people (WRONGLY, IMMORALLY) blame ALL whites for the Deep South atrocities.

First of all, who here said that all of the nation's indiscretions were caused by ALL white people? I'll answer for you. NO ONE said that. Not one poster. Perhaps, your imagination is too vivid.

When you talk about something like black on black crime or crime rates generally, you aren't discussing either MLK or civil rights. That discussion may belong somewhere. However, it doesn't belong in this thread.

I don't know what in the world would make you think that you are on topic. You come across as a frustrated angry person who does not like either MLK or civil rights, but can't articulate any real reasons why.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,845,184 times
Also in 1963 Alabama, males and females had separate public bathrooms. That proves all males were oppressing all females .

Old 01-31-2018, 06:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,845,184 times
Quote:

Agree. They're not just blaming ALL whites for indiscretions. They are only blaming whites and making up and exaggerating indiscretions.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
First of all, who here said that all of the nation's indiscretions were caused by ALL white people? I'll answer for you. NO ONE said that. Not one poster. Perhaps, your imagination is too vivid.

When you talk about something like black on black crime or crime rates generally, you aren't discussing either MLK or civil rights. That discussion may belong somewhere. However, it doesn't belong in this thread.

I don't know what in the world would make you think that you are on topic. You come across as a frustrated angry person who does not like either MLK or civil rights, but can't articulate any real reasons why.
I'm just saying people should be careful when they apply generalities.

People would not like it if someone said "there isn't an inner city in America today that is safe to walk around in at night because of black people..."

I don't appreciate the way that person said "white people" as if to insinuate that all whites in America were some how at fault for the Deep South atrocities.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
A fitting quote from Martin Luther King Jr for the start of Black History Month

Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,550,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
A fitting quote from Martin Luther King Jr for the start of Black History Month

Old 02-01-2018, 05:12 PM

72,877 posts, read 62,373,317 times
Quote:

I think said person hates both Dr King and the civilrights movement. I think we know why this is, and there are several posts alluding to it. However, there is not a flat out admission. The reason for not giving a a flat out admission is a form of saving face. When said person is proven as a bigot, but seeks to save face, said person gaslights, trying to make you or me feel stupid.

At this point, it is a waste of time to deal with said individuals. We know what they are about is wrong. The majority of those on this thread disagree with the 2 individuals making bigoted comments. Dealing with people whi have a bigoted mindset, it is a waste of time.

In this instance, we are better of ignoring said persons who make bigoted posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.