Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM

44 posts, read 158,905 times

Advertisements

I've recently been doing a lot of research on the iran contra affair and came across the mysterious death of col sabow. Now from I have researched I firmly believe our government may have very well been involved in drug trafficking in central america and then brought those drugs into the US. I just don't understand how col sabows death can be ruled a suicide when he told several military officials that he would request a court martial and expose all that he knew about the illegal drug trafficking going on using former military aircraft and non military personnel. The colonel apparently found out about the drug and guns trafficking the day/night before he died.....forensic evidence suggests that the colonel was murdered but aytime an investigation attempt has been made to find out the truth the individuals seeking the truth have either been murdered or blackballed. I commend colonel sabows brother dr. David sabow for seeking the truth in the death of his brother. I believe an investigation should also be made into the death of Gary Webb also who wrote the dark alliance series on the iran contra affairs as his death has been ruled a suicide as well. I just want the truth to be exposed because its clear the government had a hand in the death of the colonel as well as many others involved in the coverup. What does my fellow CD posters think about this?

Discuss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Default Mena, Arkansas

I read a book (title unknown) describing the Air America, or its successor’s, training base at Mena, Arkansas. This author, I forgot his name, described the aircraft, the training, the weapons sourcing and the back hauling of drugs in the returning aircraft. He also suggested that the cocaine was to be used to destabilize the inner city culture to stop whatever economic revitalization might have been possible. It was a very bleak and believable story.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM

44 posts, read 158,905 times
That's interesting I wonder what that book is called?

Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM

200 posts, read 509,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla757 View Post
That's interesting I wonder what that book is called?
I haven't read the book, Compromised: Clinton, Bush, and the CIA by Terry Reed and John Cummings, but it sounds like the one that GregW had in mind. The high-reader ratings make it worth putting on a must-read list.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 AM

Compromised: Clinton, Bush, and the CIA by Terry Reed and John Cummings was not the book I was referring to. the book I had in mind had the word "Mena" in the title. time for a google search.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM

copied from google search: mena iran-contra books

1. The Crimes of Mena

whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/.../MENA/crimes_of_mena.htmlCached - Similar
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    Of the many stories emerging from the Arkansas of the 1980s that was crucible to the ... Both the book and its authors were greeted with derision. ... Walsh, the independent counsel in the Iran-Contra investigation, wondered "why no one was ...

2. MENA is no myth! - What Really Happened

whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/MENA/mena.phpCached - Similar
    After the Iran-Contra scandal erupted, individuals began to come forward with ... Investigator Russel Welch of the Arkansas Police was ordered to stay away from .... COMPROMISED, New York, S.P.I. Books, 1994 The definitive book on Mena, ...

3. The Mena Airport, Arkansas, with Photo Gallery

mena.pamrotella.com/Cached - Similar
    Famous drug trafficking Mena, Arkansas airport, CIA base and central hub ... mentioned in Gary Webb's famous book Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, ... Mena Arkansas --that was determinates of a lot of these Iran-Contra resupply flights.

4. Mena, Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mena,_ArkansasCached - Similar
    Location in Polk County and the state of Arkansas ... Mena was founded by Arthur Edward Stilwell during the building of the Kansas .... Iran Contra · Barry Seal ...

5. Allegations of CIA drug trafficking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_traffickingCached
    3.1 Iran-Contra affair; 3.2 Mena, Arkansas ... Webb turned the articles into a book called, Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion.

6. Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA: Terry Reed, John ...

www.amazon.com › ... › AmericasUnited States20th CenturyCached - Similar
    [LEFT][LEFT][/LEFT][/LEFT] Rating: 4.5 - 35 reviews - $15.80 - In stock

I found this book to answer the mystery of the Iran-Contra/Mena, Arkansas drug smuggling operation. Having read "Under Fire" by Oliver North and this book I ...

7. Menu, Arkansas - Bush Clinton Iran-Contra guns and drugs scandal

www.oilempire.us/mena-arkansas.htmlCached - Similar
    Reed trained contra pilots with Barry Seal in Arkansas, and helped Seal ... Nevertheless, this book shows convincingly that Whitewater is merely the tip of the ... the Mena, Arkansas airport) that helped fund the "Contra" war of the 1980s.

8. Wake Up Suckers! - Mena Arkansas and the Iran-Contra Affair

www.wakeupsuckers.com/.../Mena-Arkansas-and-the-Iran-Contra-Af...Cached
    Mena Arkansas and the Iran-Contra Affair. Sep 12. Written by: 9/12/2012 11:48 AM RssIcon. If you weren't already aware, the U.S. government, past presidents, ...

9. Mysterious Mena

www.idfiles.com/myst.htmCached - Similar
    MENA, Ark. -- Reporters now trolling Arkansas are pulling up many stories that ... With the crash, and the Iran-Contra affair surfacing, investigators started looking at the ... In a new book, "Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA," authors Terry ...

10. Mena, Arkansas | Surrendering Islam

surrenderingislam.com/surrendering-islam/mena-arkansasCached
    Mena was a key CIA trans-shipment point for Iran-Contra. ... the Arkansas narcotics network was Park-on-Meter, or POM Inc. Commercially, POM was to produce ...

It may have been one of these. I read it decades ago.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM

double post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History