Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Because that was just one example of why Enterprise was such a disaster.
I wanted to see the post war world but that would have been harder to make trek. The image of paradise was gone and a lot of questions would have been answered differently. Some of the best fanfiction I've read, though, is about that time and how the view of their 'world' had shifted to something darker and more practical.

I think *since* Section 31 had been established as existing early on, they could have done a scene where some guys in blackleather made them dissapear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I am distraught... I was so wrong!

Watch the Millenium Falcon leave the Enterprise in its cosmic dust!

Star Trek Enterprise vs. Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Which Ship is Fastest? - Slate Magazine

Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I am distraught... I was so wrong!

Watch the Millenium Falcon leave the Enterprise in its cosmic dust!

Star Trek Enterprise vs. Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Which Ship is Fastest? - Slate Magazine
Well the Millenium Falcon is the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. And with a Wookie co-pilot as well...

Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Well the Millenium Falcon is the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. And with a Wookie co-pilot as well...
Well the point is that if a ship in the Empire can move that fast the Federation wouldn't stand a chance and neither would the Borg.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
The strongest empire in history? That is a tough one. Rome was just a massive regional power that laid on yhe edges of the known world spanning from a city state during 500 bc to much of Europe, North Africa and part of the Near East. Roman Empire didnt fall during 476 ad it continued in Eastern Europe with its Greek speaking capital of Constantinople, which fell to the Venetians and French crusaders during the 4th crusade in 1204. And again fell to the islamic Ottomans in 1453 ending the Roman Empire for good. French, spanish and, Italian are child languages of Latin which were spoken locals and Germanic tribes. Lets not forget that the Roman Catholic been around since the days of Rome itself.

As for the Mongols, i think the Mongols shaped Asia to what it is. Mongols unified almost Asia which is very diverse with different races, religions, langusges under one banner. Mongols had the largest land empirr in history which would not be reproduced until Russia Empire came about which id exactly similar to the Mongol Empire in terms of Geography and ethnicities. Mongol controlled trade from point A, point B, and to point C along its secured trade routes. Mongols eventually absorbed into the cultures they have conquered and its the reason why Mongol did not hold on to power as well ad rivalries amogst khanates.

But for me the greatest Empires are the Spanish Empire for creating global trading system with the spanish dollar as a global currency and the British Empire for perfecting global trade.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,846 times
The mongols were certainly the largest/most fearsome - however they were relatively short lived and not able to sustain it which is a huge knock to them in this question.

To me it is actually very clearly the Roman Empire as the greatest. The greatness of Rome lay not just in the size of it, but in the longevity of it, and the accomplishments and long term impact on so many things - building of roads, language, trade, art, and so many other areas. Rome had what to me is an unparalelled impact on human history in relation to other empires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History