Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,834,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
What was done after the 1993 WTC bombing? Nothing. The US was able to trace the funding but past that did nothing in response to it in the country they trained in.

In the case of Iraq, WMDs weren't the main issue. The missiles they were in was (planes into WTC seen in minds as missile attacks). Thus an easier sell then just a guy writing some checks. Saddam openly admitted that he was funding terrorism and no one really cared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 08:49 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
At least I'm not an unAmerican traitor!

I suppose Key members of the Lyndon Johnson administration, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer, former Secretary of State Dean Rusk, top leaders of the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency (some of whose personnel were among the victims), National Security Council, presidential advisers such as Clark Clifford, Joseph Califano and Lucius Battle are loony conspiracy theorist too!

Go play in your spittle!
Uh, yes you are. You are using "key members" of the Johnson Administration for your ammunition? You mean the same administration which falsified the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which ultimately led to the deaths of 58 thousand Americans (in country) and 3 times that amount in suicides? Not too mention the million plus Vietnamese persons killed?

Yet, you are spewing off about one incident, which may or may not have occurred the way you want it too be? Please. How many friendly fire incidents have occurred since the dawn of mankind?

How about Pat Tillman? Knowingly killed by American troops and Bush and Co covered it up. Jessica Lynch? Where is your outrage there?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It was 46 years ago and it was accidental. Move on with your life and let go of the hatred.

I guess that would be easier for someone that was not related to those who were killed by them

Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I do not hold any hatred, is this where the bashing begins as soon as someone speaks up about an injustice and criminal act you think you can silence them by accusing them of hatred?
I never understood why anyone who shines light on any unjustice act done by Isreal is considered to be "Antisemitic" regardless of whatever crime that they commit?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
But when are you going to speak up for the Americans that were killed/injured in Lebanon where I was a US Marine when the barracks were attacked or for both of my sons who were injured in Iraq? All three of us plus thousands more left our blood behind. Israel stood up and accepted blame and paid for it. What other country has done that?

Has Lebanon or Iraq (or Yemen for USS Cole) stood up and accepted responsibility for what happened in their countries?

Semper Fi

Excuse me, why should Iraq apologize for to you for invading their country under false pretenses? Should'nt you be asking why our elected officals sent you there in the first place?

The situation that happened with Isreal happened in International waters and they were suppose to be our allies, in the other cases we were in other countries and they were not our allies in the first place. You as a Marine are not taught to reason and think on your own, just do.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
(1) Lebanon gets around $100 Million yearly in USAID
(2) It was easier to tell the US citizens that Iraq had WMDs rather then to tell them Saddam was personally funding extremist organizations and giving out bonus checks for each attempt/completed act of terrorism. While he was in prison his people continued the funding. After the fall of Saddam, it started paying victims of terrorism.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/04/iraq-terrorism-compensation-victims.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/wo...ency.html?_r=0

Saddam, was also used to fight the Iranians by the CIA and was also responsible from keeping middleeastern terrorism from spreading because of his hatered for the ****es in Iran, and his dislike for Bin Laden (also another CIA operative)

Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 AM

122 posts, read 108,088 times
What is the name of the book by the Israeli pilot?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
But when are you going to speak up for the Americans that were killed/injured in Lebanon where I was a US Marine when the barracks were attacked or for both of my sons who were injured in Iraq? All three of us plus thousands more left our blood behind. Israel stood up and accepted blame and paid for it. What other country has done that?

Has Lebanon or Iraq (or Yemen for USS Cole) stood up and accepted responsibility for what happened in their countries?
Semper Fi
Our government should apologize for needlessly risking the lives of our sons and daughters over something that has nothing to do with protecting our borders. We never should have been there. Treat the cause not the symptom. Bring our troops home and protect our borders like the Constitution says.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:22 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
Uh, no I'm not. I'm using eye-witnesses & survivors accounts as "ammunition". I also have outrage against the other atrocities and cover ups. This thread isn't about that.

Go back to violating your oath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Uh, yes you are. You are using "key members" of the Johnson Administration for your ammunition? You mean the same administration which falsified the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which ultimately led to the deaths of 58 thousand Americans (in country) and 3 times that amount in suicides? Not too mention the million plus Vietnamese persons killed?

Yet, you are spewing off about one incident, which may or may not have occurred the way you want it too be? Please. How many friendly fire incidents have occurred since the dawn of mankind?

How about Pat Tillman? Knowingly killed by American troops and Bush and Co covered it up. Jessica Lynch? Where is your outrage there?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Unless the NSA is involved in covering up for Israel it was a tragic accident:

CNN.com - USS Liberty attack tapes released - Jul. 10, 2003

Quote:

The NSA on Tuesday released audiotapes of Israeli pilots and ground control
speaking in Hebrew, along with English transcripts.

The recordings were made by a nearby American surveillance aircraft in the
immediate aftermath of the attack.

"For your info, it is apparently an Arab ship," says ground control.

"Roger," says the pilot.

"It is an Egyptian supply ship," says ground control.

"Roger," comes the response

Last edited by whogo; 06-16-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History