U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:55 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,503,601 times

Advertisements

I saw a special on Chuck Berry, I think for his 70th birthday. They were showing reactions to his music and an old white man said that n_____r is gonna send all the teenagers straight to hell!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
We were warned by MCcarthy about the communist elements in our mist,but he was verbally stoned by them and their allies the fems and libs. Now our nation is no longer free and is being invaded by what was once considered our enemies.

Marine Corp hynm'to the shores of Tripoli' meant figting the very ones who are no longer in Tripoli but right here setting up camp. Marines were created to fight these barbareans from the middle east who were killing and enslaving our sailors on trade ships. Now we fly them in by the millions.Set them up in power and support their large famileis with welfare.

McCarthy was acting concerned about Communists in the '50s, & I don't think I heard the term feminist until maybe the '70s. Our country is not being invaded by very many Communists trying to convert us. Feminists & liberals are generally people who were born here.

McCarthy seemed nuts about the Communist "threat". They were interrogating an elderly black cleaning lady. What did they think she was going to do, whack the President over the head with her broom?
Many actors/actresses were put on the "blacklist" so they could not work.

Tripoli is not a ghost town & how many from Libya have come here? I don't think Libyans are thought of as Communists as they are Muslim & generally Communists prohibit or strongly discourage any religion. Someone please correct me, citing sources, if you think this is inaccurate.

Our government is not running free fly in to US to Muslims. Or Communists. Do you really believe all from Libya in US have large families on welfare and that they are members of our Congress?

We are no longer free because "our" govt acts like the public is the enemy. Our politicians, bought by corporations, never stop thinking of ways to harm us. Communists & Muslims are not major factors.

Hope I'm not too OT but actors & actresses at least should be considered pop culture. Not sure if the phrase includes politicians who have odd ideas? Best wishes.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Not so much rock and roll as some of the culture it crerated. There are lots of good rock songs,some protesting illegal wars,some about romance,injustice and other moral type lyrics.

Then you have some that are just plain funny and as much an act as a band.Dr Hook comes to mind,their songs are funny and they put on an act on stage.I like lots of the classic rock songs.

One of my favorites is the one that we can use today' While My Guitar Gently Weeps ' lots of message in those lyrics.

I approve this post, much better than the other. Best wishes.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 PM

9,965 posts, read 15,411,084 times
I can pretty much think of what forms of youth pop culture was demonized by the next generation going back to the Jazz Age of the 1920s(or maybe before that ragtime music)... But prior to that--I'm not that sure...

What were the young hellraisers doing in the 1890s or the 1860s or the 1790s? You know there was something they did that alienated their elders and caused some sort of moral panic. Going back to the dawn of civilization and cultures...

Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM

374 posts, read 458,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
McCarthy was acting concerned about Communists in the '50s, & I don't think I heard the term feminist until maybe the '70s. Our country is not being invaded by very many Communists trying to convert us. Feminists & liberals are generally people who were born here.

McCarthy seemed nuts about the Communist "threat". They were interrogating an elderly black cleaning lady. What did they think she was going to do, whack the President over the head with her broom?
Many actors/actresses were put on the "blacklist" so they could not work.

Tripoli is not a ghost town & how many from Libya have come here? I don't think Libyans are thought of as Communists as they are Muslim & generally Communists prohibit or strongly discourage any religion. Someone please correct me, citing sources, if you think this is inaccurate.

Our government is not running free fly in to US to Muslims. Or Communists. Do you really believe all from Libya in US have large families on welfare and that they are members of our Congress?

We are no longer free because "our" govt acts like the public is the enemy. Our politicians, bought by corporations, never stop thinking of ways to harm us. Communists & Muslims are not major factors.

Hope I'm not too OT but actors & actresses at least should be considered pop culture. Not sure if the phrase includes politicians who have odd ideas? Best wishes.
Read it again real slow? You took what I said out of context and added your own foolish crap to it.

We all have our own opinions like it or not. Its called free speech what our soldiers fought for many years ago ,so if you don't like what I have to say,don't read it.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I saw a special on Chuck Berry, I think for his 70th birthday. They were showing reactions to his music and an old white man said that n_____r is gonna send all the teenagers straight to hell!

Poor old ignorant cracker should have said something like they call us blue eyed devils or hunkies ,crackers.

Race card alert,run for the hills another victimhooded card carriny racial cop.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,100,040 times
I'm 23, born in 1990 and growing up it seemed like the things most hated on were South Park, Limp Bizkit and trash talk TV.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I can pretty much think of what forms of youth pop culture was demonized by the next generation going back to the Jazz Age of the 1920s(or maybe before that ragtime music)... But prior to that--I'm not that sure...

What were the young hellraisers doing in the 1890s or the 1860s or the 1790s? You know there was something they did that alienated their elders and caused some sort of moral panic. Going back to the dawn of civilization and cultures...
Johann Strauss who wrote many of the waltzes was called a radical. The waltz was considered lewd and vile back then.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
I'm 23, born in 1990 and growing up it seemed like the things most hated on were South Park, Limp Bizkit and trash talk TV.

Well bless your heart,it is really bad stuff but its what us old fools left you,sorry. I hope somebody fixes it for ya real soon. If I could I would. And I don't know or care what race you belong to.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That was easy: The Beatles, for their long hair. When I now see file footage of them, I have to laugh because 1) their hair wasnt really that long and, 2) in their early years they wore suits and neckties for crying out loud!

I was thinking this, too. The "long" hair was considered such a threat that schools banned it, some for nearly half a century! Maybe it is still banned somewhere. In Indonesia, the military rounded up the boys & young men that had Beatle haircuts, & they shaved their heads. My high school was only slightly better, boys hair must not be over shirt collar or ears. Next year, kid challenged school district for his right to hair, even got statement from Doc that he was sane, school principal defeated, no more crazy dress code.

Perhaps another thing that frightened Beatles haters was people would do about anything to get tickets, & when there, they cried, they screamed, they fainted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or