U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:04 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,794,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Are you kidding? That was when young women wore miniskirts, and older women always wore dresses. The curvy Marilyn Monroe look was still popular.
Miniskirts became popular in the 60's and they just spilled over to the 70's but ok let's call it "late 70's look". Let's not start arguing over semantics, most people relate the 70's to the disco look popular in the second half of the decade.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 PM

86,383 posts, read 79,518,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Miniskirts became popular in the 60's and they just spilled over to the 70's but ok let's call it "late 70's look". Let's not start arguing over semantics, most people relate the 70's to the disco look popular in the second half of the decade.
So what does this have to do with women supposedly looking like men in that period? Nothing. They didn't look like men, not remotely.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,849,780 times
They were not similar to men. I agree with Ruth! The part was yes. As today. 1- genetically more men hormone. 2 - way of life. totally agree with Osito. 3- some like to be like muzhschin. In middle Ages, it was a plus - it was possible to escape from sexual harassment.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM

10,570 posts, read 11,385,458 times
The question should be - Why are men today starting to look more like women? I see more and more couples where the male is more fragile - slight in stature...and not manly at all - These men are paired up with fairly good looking women...is it that woman don't want manly men? The idea that woman of the past looked more masculine is absurd. The woman have not changed but the typical western male sure is shifting into the more feminine. Is there something in the water or is their a conditioning of young males at an early age to be "nice" and submissive. It seems that males are slowly taking on the role of females and females are morphing into the dominant sex...I suppose feminism did not really generate equality but a kind of dominance. The whole movement swung over the line - to far.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,549,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The question should be - Why are men today starting to look more like women?
You would be hard pressed to demonstrate statistically that men are becoming more "fragile or slight in stature" in fact I would argue that men are become far more muscular than ever before (at least those who aren't clinically obese). In this day of the 6 pack ab, iron pumping gym rats and even a casual look at men who compete in any form of professional sport will cast serious doubts on your claim.

Quote:
Is there something in the water or is their a conditioning of young males at an early age to be "nice" and submissive.
Well that explains why date and gang rape have become almost non-existent.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 PM

173 posts, read 175,742 times

Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Pre 1920, I agree, the women werent exactly babes-

Fantasy - these artistic depictions are speculative at best- these are not people - they are monkeys. There is no proof that human beings ever looked like this. People have always looked like people.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You would be hard pressed to demonstrate statistically that men are becoming more "fragile or slight in stature" in fact I would argue that men are become far more muscular than ever before (at least those who aren't clinically obese). In this day of the 6 pack ab, iron pumping gym rats and even a casual look at men who compete in any form of professional sport will cast serious doubts on your claim.

Well that explains why date and gang rape have become almost non-existent.
When there is an obscure and rare incident - the media make it appear that it is very common and happening constantly. For every interaction between the sexes...say a million of them- you might have one incident of rape - one is too many. I agree....It is not like we live in a world where there is screaming and the ravaging of woman in the streets.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What???

This was the most popular poster in the 70s - maybe of all time!
Under weight - like a skinny boy and just too much teeth...The toothy look is still popular - it shows what class you belong to and that you can afford the best cosmetic dental care. Teeth are for eating...when I see a picture of a woman who has very - expensive teeth and they are the focus of their face...I kind of feel like I am being sized up by a predator who is about to eat me.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,549,536 times
Would someone out there put an end to this utterly pointless thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or