Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is not a masculine woman...It appears to be from the great depression era...This is worn down and strained human being...if you look closely she is attractive and has beauty - but her face is scared from a hard life.
Um, yeah, that photograph is famous for being the face of the Depression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 08:30 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The question should be - Why are men today starting to look more like women? I see more and more couples where the male is more fragile - slight in stature...and not manly at all - These men are paired up with fairly good looking women...is it that woman don't want manly men? The idea that woman of the past looked more masculine is absurd. The woman have not changed but the typical western male sure is shifting into the more feminine. Is there something in the water or is their a conditioning of young males at an early age to be "nice" and submissive. It seems that males are slowly taking on the role of females and females are morphing into the dominant sex...I suppose feminism did not really generate equality but a kind of dominance. The whole movement swung over the line - to far.
Ever read or heard sung the Kipling poem/song The Female of the Species is more Deadly than the Male?

He was most perceptive. Women do not *think* like men, but with some deeply basic issues are no less motivated to be strong, even if sometimes men don't notice.

In song, only a few verses missing....

The Female of the Species - Horse Tamer's Daughter - YouTube

I find 'manly men' to be annoying and wimps annoying too. Be yourself, show your talents, be open to the world around you. Don't be all wrapped up in some boring or domineering 'image'.

Women can be gentle or fierce and it all depends on the reason. Something some men could stand to learn.

Last edited by nightbird47; 06-28-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um, yeah, that photograph is famous for being the face of the Depression.
The face has a name, a face that belonged to Florence Owens Thompson who was 32 when Dorothea Lange took her picture and the frame was the most poignant but least flattering frame of the series.

Give the opportunity to take a bath, fix her hair and put on a little make-up. Mrs. Thompson would have appeared to be a fairly attractive woman.

So again, I can see no purpose of this thread.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:17 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
The complaint in the 1920's was that women were becoming more masculine, and men were heading the other way

Masculine Women Feminine Men written 1926

Hey Hey women are going mad, today
Hey Hey fellers are just as bad, I'll say
Go anywhere, just stand and stare
You'll say they're bugs when you
look at the clothes they wear

Masculine Women Feminine Men
which is the rooster which is the hen
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
And SAY...
Sister is busy learning to shave
Brother just loves his permanent wave
HEY HEY
Girls were girls and boys were boys
when i was a tot,
Now we don't know who is who or
even what's what
Knickers and trousers baggy and wide,
Nobody knows who's walking inside
Those Masculine Women Feminine Men

Which is the rooster which is the hen
And SAY...
Auntie is smoking, rolling her own,
Uncle is always buying cologne
HEY HEY
You go and give your girl a kiss in the hall
But instead you find you're kissing
her brother Paul
Mama's got a sweater up to her chin,
Papa's got a girtle holding him in
Stop, Look, Listen and you'll agree... with me
Things are not what they used to be... you'll see
You say hello to Uncle Joe,
Then look again and you find it's your Auntie Flo
And SAY...
Wifey is playing billiards and pool,
Hubby is dressing kiddies for school
HEY HEY
Ever since the Prince of Wales in
dresses was seen,
What does he intend to be the King or the Queen
Grandmother buys those tailor-made clothes
Grandfather tries to smell like a rose

Masculine Women! Feminine Men! (1926) - YouTube

Old 06-30-2013, 07:41 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Would someone out there put an end to this utterly pointless thread.
Okay- I will see if I can slaughter this baby. Woman have always been woman...men have always been men...some woman look like their fathers...and some woman look like their fathers...who happen to be "pretty" men...Most females take after their male progenitor. If you see a homely female you know her dad is an ugly guy. If you see a beautiful male with the face of an angel...He usually takes after his fashion model mom.

It gets down to parents and how we view beauty...The gay dominated fashion industry has created a NEW look for females...The females are exactly what gay men want in a woman...for her to look like a half starved skinny boy...not like a full bodied woman. Now men in general are accustomed to this look...they think it is normal for woman to be super slim...have cute boyish faces that they translate as feminine...it is almost as if modern males are parting in a little homo erotica. They have been trained to think that the full bodied woman with the naturally beautiful female face is not hot...and that boy girls are HOT...this might explain how the whole unisex industry might have generated a lot of bi-sexuality.

I like a woman with a character face...if she has some masculine traits...I know she is going to be good in bed....ooooh...........does that make me a bit gay? I hope that I have destroyed this thread - detractors need not reply.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
The complaint in the 1920's was that women were becoming more masculine, and men were heading the other way

Masculine Women Feminine Men written 1926

Hey Hey women are going mad, today
Hey Hey fellers are just as bad, I'll say
Go anywhere, just stand and stare
You'll say they're bugs when you
look at the clothes they wear

which is the rooster which is the hen
And SAY...
Sister is busy learning to shave
Brother just loves his permanent wave
HEY HEY
Girls were girls and boys were boys
when i was a tot,
Now we don't know who is who or
even what's what
Knickers and trousers baggy and wide,
Nobody knows who's walking inside

And SAY...
Auntie is smoking, rolling her own,
Uncle is always buying cologne
HEY HEY
You go and give your girl a kiss in the hall
But instead you find you're kissing
her brother Paul
Mama's got a sweater up to her chin,
Papa's got a girtle holding him in
Stop, Look, Listen and you'll agree... with me
Things are not what they used to be... you'll see
You say hello to Uncle Joe,
Then look again and you find it's your Auntie Flo
And SAY...
Wifey is playing billiards and pool,
Hubby is dressing kiddies for school
HEY HEY
Ever since the Prince of Wales in
dresses was seen,
What does he intend to be the King or the Queen
Grandmother buys those tailor-made clothes
Grandfather tries to smell like a rose

Masculine Women! Feminine Men! (1926) - YouTube
Great video- so normal...and think- no gay lobby - no social engineering - people having fun and not turning sexuality into some political tool to gain authority...Men and woman have always had both traits...of being a bit female and a bit male. This era was much better...They rejoiced in being human and no one was fixated on putting their penis where it does not belong...They had fun and they had codes of conduct..Today there is no code of conduct.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The face has a name, a face that belonged to Florence Owens Thompson who was 32 when Dorothea Lange took her picture and the frame was the most poignant but least flattering frame of the series.

Give the opportunity to take a bath, fix her hair and put on a little make-up. Mrs. Thompson would have appeared to be a fairly attractive woman.

So again, I can see no purpose of this thread.
The purpose of this thread is to show - if you look deep enough into the female face and you are not some superficial clown conditioned by Hollywood...YOU WILL SEE THE BEAUTY...The woman in the depression photo - if you forget the wear lines in her face and look at the lines and structure of her face...she is beautiful. I am sure if this woman were alive today - and nurtured and loved and treated with gentle hands - She would heal up and be very very beautiful...Her natural beauty has been scarred...but you have to look past the scars.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 AM

Estrogen is the huntress hormone. Tough strong woman are dangerous...as a male- the more dangerous the more attractive. I never had a problem with woman who were strong. Strong woman don't give you a problem. They are self sustained and low maintenance. A powerful woman in my experience expects one thing from a man- honesty and honor. The problem these days is that powerful woman assume and are slightly prejudice and believe that real men don't exist that they are all weasels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History