U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 AM

45 posts, read 66,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think that earlier bolsheviks were simply of more flexible mind than younger generation that came to power already during Stalin's times.
No, there is a traditional Russian style of management - the desire to fully control, autocracy. So it has come after anarchical war communism.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 12:08 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,516,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I guess once the realization set in that they were packing as much nuclear heat as us and may be just as ready and willing to use it.
The question was when did communism become public enemy #1 and as I have pointed out it was perceived as a fundamental threat as early as 1917. The post WWII era when viewed over the historical continuum should more properly be seen as the zenith of that perceived threat, not the beginning.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM

18,331 posts, read 15,389,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene L. View Post
No, there is a traditional Russian style of management - the desire to fully control, autocracy. So it has come after anarchical war communism.
"No" what?
Do you even read the posts before commenting on them?
Of course the older manangement was better educated and of more flexible mind, that's why they've figured out what needed to be done in order to quickly restore the economy after the war, and that's how New Economic Policy came in place ( basically mixed economy, which allowed the ownership of small private businesses.)
People who came to power later, after Stalin ( who basically managed the country in the times of the crisis,) were already dumb peasants for the most part, wih rigid minds, who couldn't allow that mixed economy to happen, even if their lives depended on it. They were stubbornly set in their own ways, strictly adhering to Soviet ideology and turning to the small private enterprise yet again only by the middle of the eighties, when the situation was already too late.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
"No" what?
'No' means disagreement with you. Don't you understand that?
Quote:
Of course the older manangement was better educated and of more flexible mind...
Stop. Of whom did you speaking? Molotov has educated worse than Trotsky? Most of the upper Soviet elite was the old Bolsheviks at the Lenin and at the Stalin times.
Quote:
People who came to power later, after Stalin ( who basically managed the country in the times of the crisis,) were already dumb peasants for the most part, wih rigid minds, who couldn't allow that mixed economy to happen, even if their lives depended on it.
Stop again. Who that 'dumb peasants' are? Is it the Mikoyan (graduated Christian college) or the Beriya (secondary technical education, civil designer)?

Maybe you really talking about time 'after Stalin' (but NEP had ended before). Well, Brezhnev had higher education (metallurgy), Suslov too (economist), and Kosygin (textile). Andropov had graduated twice, and etc.

Think another minute about it. There were large masses of the uneducated people in the USSR (at 1st half of XX century). But they do not ruled the country.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
"No" what?
Of course the older manangement was better educated and of more flexible mind, that's why they've figured out what needed to be done in order to quickly restore the economy after the war, and that's how New Economic Policy came in place ( basically mixed economy, which allowed the ownership of small private businesses.)
People who came to power later, after Stalin ( who basically managed the country in the times of the crisis,) were already dumb peasants for the most part, wih rigid minds, who couldn't allow that mixed economy to happen, even if their lives depended on it. They were stubbornly set in their own ways, strictly adhering to Soviet ideology and turning to the small private enterprise yet again only by the middle of the eighties, when the situation was already too late.
Correction; when the situation was already out of hands and when it was too late.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
'No' means disagreement with you. Don't you understand that?

Stop. Of whom did you speaking? Molotov has educated worse than Trotsky? Most of the upper Soviet elite was the old Bolsheviks at the Lenin and at the Stalin times.

Stop again. Who that 'dumb peasants' are? Is it the Mikoyan (graduated Christian college) or the Beriya (secondary technical education, civil designer)?

Maybe you really talking about time 'after Stalin' (but NEP had ended before). Well, Brezhnev had higher education (metallurgy), Suslov too (economist), and Kosygin (textile). Andropov had graduated twice, and etc.

Think another minute about it. There were large masses of the uneducated people in the USSR (at 1st half of XX century). But they do not ruled the country.
"Stop" what?
I am talking about those who already came to power in Kruchev's time. They were "educated" all right, but it was Soviet type of education, which means a lot of brain-washing and strict adhrence to certain ideology. Not a good thing when it comes to running economy of such big and complex country.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
"Stop" what?
I am talking about those who already came to power in Kruchev's time. They were "educated" all right, but it was Soviet type of education, which means a lot of brain-washing and strict adhrence to certain ideology. Not a good thing when it comes to running economy of such big and complex country.
You are so familiar with Soviet education. Perhaps you study at the USSR? Otherwise, I amused by your free-and-easy judgements.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
You are so familiar with Soviet education.
And you are not?
Then what are you talking about?

Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
And you are not?
Then what are you talking about?
I have learned in USSR/Russia and I live in Moscow. So I know what I'm talking. But you...

Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I have learned in USSR/Russia and I live in Moscow. So I know what I'm talking. But you...

If you'd "learn" anything ( or should we say "study" ) in the USSR, not Russia, then you'd know right away what I am talking about. Don't confuse the USSR at the cusp of the 90ies, when it was already crumbling, with the USSR of earlier times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History