Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Africa is a continent, not a race.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Any student of the Roman Empire knows that more than one of the emperors was black. History hasn't been whitewashed. It has not been learned, that's all.

There is an attempt in this thread to blackwash history. Lots of luck with that.
This and serious lack of reading on the part of folks who wish to pontificate.

Ironic in the Education, POC, and Employment & Work section of C-D that History is ridiculed as useless yet in this section many of the poster demonstrate very poor knowledge of historical subjects.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-22-2014 at 01:46 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 02:33 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiutza View Post
Very interesting and informative articles, never knew Mr. Keita somehow acknowledged that Egyptians today are (more or less) like their ancestors.

Rep
Yeah. Sadly it does not reflect very well on him, because when you go back and listen to all of his speeches in that context, you see that he is just playing word games. All he is about is re-defining features and skin tones that used to be labeled "Caucasian" as "African."

Whereas technically he never lies about anything, he is really adding nothing to the debate what-so-ever. He is just saying that a very light skinned person with very fine features is just as "African" as someone from West Africa. Well, that is not exactly profound, is it?

He sometimes tries to claim that "Caucasian" looking people developed in Africa, and to some degree he is right. He also ignores that massive evidence of back-migrations from the stone ages. Besides, it misses the point badly. The Egyptians were never a different, magical, "blacker" people that vanished into thin air.

You can even hear on the clip he doesn't really want to admit it. I wonder what compelled him?

Also, by the way, there are literally DOZENS of other studies out there which say the same thing- they are the same as they always were.

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-22-2014 at 03:27 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 03:13 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Africa is a continent, not a race.
Neither is Caucasian.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Neither is Caucasian.
Glad you are here. did you read through the studies posted and watch the clips?

You now see that Egyptians are not "part Arab" to any great degree, right?

Old 01-22-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Glad you are here. did you read through the studies posted and watch the clips?

You now see that Egyptians are not "part Arab" to any great degree, right?
Once again you are incorrect. Most Egyptians today have some form of Arab ancestry.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Once again you are incorrect. Most Egyptians today have some form of Arab ancestry.
Wow. You are just going to ignore the massive preponderance of scientific evidence.

It would be incredible if not so typical.

The evidence has already been posted, so let me educate you: the Eurasian admixture was primarily in the stone ages. Also, north Africans did evolve to look more "Eurasian" since they are the same latitude, and that makes people like yourself convinced that they have more "Arab" in them than they do.

There is only a small amount of DNA input from the Arabs, and most Egyptians do not show it.

You do not want to accept this because it shatters your silly myths that Egyptians were once "blacker," but EVERY SCEINTIFIC STUDY SHOWS IT. I have posted about a dozen- there are dozens more out there.

It is not enough to say: "you are wrong." You have to post evidence if you want anyone (other than your own delusional echo-chamber of afrocentrists) to believe you.

Now, since you refuse to avail yourself of the free education which has been offered, where might your evidence be? Please don't recite some rote memorization of Afrocentric pseudo history, but post an actual scientific study, please.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Wow. You are just going to ignore the massive preponderance of scientific evidence.

It would be incredible if not so typical.

The evidence has already been posted, so let me educate you: the Eurasian admixture was primarily in the stone ages. Also, north Africans did evolve to look more "Eurasian" since they are the same latitude, and that makes people like yourself convinced that they have more "Arab" in them than they do.

There is only a small amount of DNA input from the Arabs, and most Egyptians do not show it.

It is not enough to say: "you are wrong." You have to post evidence if you want anyone (other than your own delusional echo-chamber of afrocentrists) to believe you.

Now, since you refuse to avail yourself of the free education which has been offered, where might your evidence be? Please don't recite some rote memorization of Afrocentric pseudo history, but post an actual scientific study, please.
I've have already discussed this whole "Egyptians vs Arabs" thing with you on the Africa forum so I will not dive deep into the subject matter again. I don't want this thread to get too off topic than it already has. We all know a certain poster exposed you for having a hidden agenda, so there is no need to go any further on that specific subject.

Quote:
You do not want to accept this because it shatters your silly myths that Egyptians were once "blacker," but EVERY SCEINTIFIC STUDY SHOWS IT. I have posted about a dozen- there are dozens more out there.
Again you fail to realize that I could care less about color. Your trying to make it seem like I care about what specific skin complexion a certain ethnic group is. You keep accusing me of being Afrocentric and yet I keep proving you wrong.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 01-22-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM

11 posts, read 16,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Any student of the Roman Empire knows that more than one of the emperors was black. History hasn't been whitewashed. It has not been learned, that's all.

There is an attempt in this thread to blackwash history. Lots of luck with that.
Sadly I have to agree with this comment. My biggest problem with Afrocentrism. What started off as an attempt to discover hidden history that's about africa and/or involved africans has been corrupted. Now it's nothing more than a history heist which is no different than whitewashing. Now as for a black roman emperor......are you serious? I've never heard of such a thing. Then again I'm not a student of the roman empire.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 PM

11 posts, read 16,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
The truth will set you free. If schools taught the truth and facts we wouldn't have these controversies. When a alteration or lie comes from a religious institution then there's a major credibility issue. If all of a sudden the church community came out and said Jesus was Black and asked people to replace all pictures all hell would break loose from the people.

At this stage in my life I could care less what people think he looks like. To me what's important is the message but for some people looking at a Caucasian Jesus does fuel their identity which can trickle down to look down on others. Now add that to include blackwashing history in general and we see problems in society.

I have no problem with history. What bothers me is being played for a fool and believing in the powers that be. A great thing today is people have access to information. People can still lie but people can verify. Without the net it's a good chance that Sarah Palin would have been VP. Think about it.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History