Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 AM

81 posts, read 106,440 times

Advertisements

Where are the Knowledgeable Jewish individuals concerned for the truth with regards to the land Of 'Palestine'. Recently I have engaged in some friendly debate with a an individual I met at a local Gym whom we will call 'Muhammed',an individual that I have known for almost 4 yrs and consider a friend. the two of us started out discussing Israeli's recent bombing's of missile's headed to Lebanon from inside Syria. The conversation quickly turned into a debate on Israel's legitimacy within the land of Palestine, while I maintained Israel's right to there homeland Muhammed urged me to research these 'European Jews' because they are 'not even from Palestine but rather Germany and Russia. Familiar with the argument that the Palestinians and not the Jews were the true inhabitants of the ancient land of Judea and Samaria i tried to convince my friend that Israel was indeed the Jews and did not belong originally to the Palestinians.

I want help getting my facts straight!, I know the Jews are the original inhabitants of the land of 'Palestine'. I was not familiar with the argument that the Jews that are there today are not the same Jews that dispersed from there and that the Jews of today are in fact Khazars. I have researched this myself to an extent but cant specifically wrap my mind around the info, as it is that they seem to be saying that the Ashkenazi Jews of Europe are indeed of middle eastern decent(Israel) stemming 2500 yrs B.C but yet in the same sentence are from modern day Iraq.

Please anyone knowledgeable, Jew or Gentile. Help me to get my story straight!!!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 01:14 PM

286 posts, read 331,604 times
Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There you go.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post
I know the Jews are the original inhabitants of the land of 'Palestine'.[/b]
lol, you said a funny.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:49 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
After the Holocaust the Jews certainly merited some sort of homeland where they could coalesce for mutual defense and prosperity seeking.

That they merited the specific spot where their ancestors once lived, based on an ancient theological claim of ownership, is a different issue.

We should have brought them to the US and given them a section of Utah as their homeland. It is mostly desert there, just like Israel, and there would have been the added benefit of them serving as a counter balance to the Mormon domination of the state.

Plunking them down in the middle of the Islamic world and evicting the current Islamic residents was a horrible idea.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
After the Holocaust the Jews certainly merited some sort of homeland where they could coalesce for mutual defense and prosperity seeking.

That they merited the specific spot where their ancestors once lived, based on an ancient theological claim of ownership, is a different issue.

We should have brought them to the US and given them a section of Utah as their homeland. It is mostly desert there, just like Israel, and there would have been the added benefit of them serving as a counter balance to the Mormon domination of the state.

Plunking them down in the middle of the Islamic world and evicting the current Islamic residents was a horrible idea.
The United states has already consumed 40% of the worlds Jews. The Utah desert comment is very creative, Lol. Good day to you and god bless.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
lol, you said a funny.
Whats funny is that popular opinion can replace a true claim to a homeland.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Friend with all do respect, thats where they are originally from. So it is only right and the only conceivable place to put them. I find it funny that every immigrant that come's to the United states thinks they ought to be welcomed in and even made financially stable for a time including and not limited to these middle easterners, but when it comes time for them to welcome in outsiders(jews) they cause wars and fire rockets at innocent citizens. Here in the U.S. our immigrants that work hard and contribute to our society are welcomed in with open arms, were as the jews in Israel literally create the only economy in 'Palestine' and are still hated.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post
Whats funny is that popular opinion can replace a true claim to a homeland.
What was being mocked was the idea that the Jews were somehow or other the original inhabitants of Palestine.

Not even the Old Testament claims that. Didn't you read Exodus? In what is supposed to be the direct instructions from Yahweh concerning the entrance to and occupation of the "promised land" you find:
"For my angel will go before you and bring to the Amorites, the Hittites, and the Jebusites whom I will eliminate."(23:23-24)

If the Hebrews were the original occupants, why did Yahweh need to wipe out those other groups who apparently were squatting there and unaware that the land had been promised to another group?

Anyway, the Hebrews went in and after the requisite amount of righteous slaughter, they became the occupants.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
What was being mocked was the idea that the Jews were somehow or other the original inhabitants of Palestine.

Not even the Old Testament claims that. Didn't you read Exodus? In what is supposed to be the direct instructions from Yahweh concerning the entrance to and occupation of the "promised land" you find:
"For my angel will go before you and bring to the Amorites, the Hittites, and the Jebusites whom I will eliminate."(23:23-24)

If the Hebrews were the original occupants, why did Yahweh need to wipe out those other groups who apparently were squatting there and unaware that the land had been promised to another group?

Anyway, the Hebrews went in and after the requisite amount of righteous slaughter, they became the occupants.
The Canaanite's are the people the OT speaks of God 'wiping out', those people unlike the Jews traced to the land of Palestine cannot be traced back to the land, while the Jews from europe and the ones from the middle east can be traced back to the land of Judea and Samaria some 2500 yrs before Christ. I'm not talking biblical claims, im talking archeologists and people that trace DNA...i asked to have this cleared up because within all my research i cant find an indepth time period the descendants of the now ashkenazi Jews(european jews) resided in Israel. All it says is that these people are from the land that is now 'Palestine' 2500yrs B.C..

You are absolutely right with regards to what the OT says on it,...only archeologists cant trace a people today that were those Canaanites that God removed from the land, they believe the Canaanites are a extinct people.

Im speaking on who modern science put as the original inhabitants of the land of 'Palestine', the debate is between Palestinians and jews.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 PM

110 posts, read 165,734 times
It does seem quite complicated - Ashkenazi is Mediaeval Hebrew for Germany, Khazars were Turkic Jews from Eastern Europe and the Sephardim are from Iberia. My understanding is that the original inhabitants of Palestine were a mix of Jews and Palestinians, with the Jews in a majority until the arrival of the Romans, when a lot of Jews fled to Babylon & Baghdad, then dissipating from there, with many ending up in the Rhineland (the Ashkenazi) & from thence many migrating East - can't find any record of whether they integrated with the Khazars. I suspect they may well be a mix of peoples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History