Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:38 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,324 times

Advertisements

I always wonder if the Chinese surrendered after the Nanking Massacre (something that is implausible but possible), would it be remembered in the same way in the way the A-bomb is remembered, that it was terrible but necessary to induce surrender?

Also I wanted to mention this but I don't think it is taught anywhere or even mentioned in the media that America killed more North Korean civilians in the Korean War than Japanese civilians in WWII. Considering North Korea in 1950 had only 9 million citizens, that is a lot of people percentage wise. The US also destroyed every single city in North Korea to the point that there were no bombing targets yet no mention of this in the media as well. This is one of the reasons (of a myriad) why that country is so fanatically anti-American and so insane. I just wanted to point this out since I get sick and tired of some of the self righteousness of certain people when it comes to foreign countries.

Last edited by X14Freak; 10-24-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History