U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:10 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,234,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The effects of which you "warn"? are the results of the markets over-ruling the dreams and hype of politicians...
What a crock, and politicians be damned. It's the hopes and dreams and life's work of tens of millions of everyday Americans that these self-proclaimed free-market punks and fetishists have been sending up in smoke. It's that Romney-love for the financial economy where money lives over the real economy where people live. It's the idea that financial gain justifies human cost, and it's all an ever-expanding pile of shame and disgrace. How much has real median household income fallen so far this year I wonder? Do you think the share of wealth regained since June 2009 going to the top 10% has fallen below 100% yet? That's the sort or crap that amoral markets and your bozo reactionaries have bought for us. Nothing but one great big miserable failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
...you will, of course, try to blame your favorite whipping-boys.
Yeah. The guilty. I'm on their case, 24/7. You might end up as collateral damage.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-21-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
True. The early 60s were more like the repressive 50s in terms of morals. It was still Puritanical. Don't confuse early 60s with late 60s.
Apparently not an early adopter. If you didn't see something happening in the mid and late 1950's. If you didn't see the sharp turns of the early 1960's, then I'm sure the mid and late 1960's might indeed have come as a complete surprise to you. Remember that group Asleep at the Wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The average person had no idea of his sexual exploits. I remember being absolutely shocked, years later, when it started to come out in the media. I don't even remember hearing anything about JFK and Marilyn Monroe until later on. People would have been appalled if they had known at the time.
Well, clearly you would have.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
So sad that, once again, a thread has been taken over by radical political hacks!!!
Freaking libertarians. You know I saw it suggested once that all these "Road to Damascus" libertarians are actually Bushie neocons who were too weak to stand up and take the hit when that whole colossal screw-up came crashing down, so they all rebranded themselves as libertarians and claimed to have had nothing to do with it. I don't know how true any of that is though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.